Well done Wrexham

It’s such a powerhouse though 

Disney tv show… DISNEY

Ryan Reynolds is a very serious business mogul beyond the acting

AND Mac from always sunny, is the actual creator and owner of always sunny, so worth more than may be obvious at first glance

They will romp to league one or further based on draw, finances and fandom.

I doubt they’ll ever compete at the top of the championship though. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They've done a good job...but the level of coverage is so OTT. 

Have no doubt they will be featured heavily on Sky next season in League Two. 

Where as normally you might get 1 or 2 League Two games a season live (if you're lucky)

Reynolds seems like a shrewd operator who clearly knows how to leverage his fame to open doors in the business world.  The hugely OTT coverage of a fifth-tier promotion race is exactly what he is bringing to the table and a key part of their growth strategy.

Not sure how sincere he comes across sometimes, though.  It's interesting that McIlhenney is always the 'face' when it comes to interacting with the fans.  He has a certain dorky genuineness about him that is worth it's weight in gold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Reynolds seems like a shrewd operator who clearly knows how to leverage his fame to open doors in the business world.  The hugely OTT coverage of a fifth-tier promotion race is exactly what he is bringing to the table and a key part of their growth strategy.

Not sure how sincere he comes across sometimes, though.  It's interesting that McIlhenney is always the 'face' when it comes to interacting with the fans.  He has a certain dorky genuineness about him that is worth it's weight in gold.

I think anyone who becomes a star in the world of Hollywood is inevitably going to be a bit insincere. They’re used to faking it.

But I do doff my cap to the way they have gone about things. Got experienced people in, have bought into the local community, invested in top players for that level and have attracted the cash from Disney Plus to fund it. 

Shows once again how clueless Chansiri is. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

If a club like Luton can get towards the top end of the Championship there's no reason why Wrexham can't either.

Which makes it all the more infuriating that, barring a couple of seasons, can't seem to get anywhere near. FFS.

Absolutely. They could be a real juggernaut and I wager will have one of the highest budgets in L2 next season. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

I think anyone who becomes a star in the world of Hollywood is inevitably going to be a bit insincere. They’re used to faking it.

But I do doff my cap to the way they have gone about things. Got experienced people in, have bought into the local community, invested in top players for that level and have attracted the cash from Disney Plus to fund it. 

Shows once again how clueless Chansiri is. 

I hate chansiri but I’m not gonna blame him for not being star of his own marvel sub-franchise, thus having the connections of Disney to get us our own flipping tv show! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MF TAZ said:

I hate chansiri but I’m not gonna blame him for not being star of his own marvel sub-franchise, thus having the connections of Disney to get us our own flipping tv show! 

Neither am I. 

But he didn’t bring experienced people in and let them run it, he hasn’t invested in the infrastructure of the club, and he hasnt made any effort to build a relationship with the fan base or community. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Neither am I. 

But he didn’t bring experienced people in and let them run it, he hasn’t invested in the infrastructure of the club, and he hasnt made any effort to build a relationship with the fan base or community. 

17 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Correction- he did bring experienced people in like Adam Pearson…but then scared them off after a few months because of his crazy interference. 

100%

People can moan about the money they’ve obtained.

But if we made it to the prem that would have been done off vastly more money than we’d had for the 20 years prior.

It happens. It’s given non league a nice spot light. It’ll give league two a spot light next season too.

And like Salford, if they don’t go straight up or within 2 years, the fanfare wares off and they’re forgotten about.

I’d be surprised if they didn’t do the same next season and won the title once more.

They are nothing like Salford, who were once playing in front of 150 on a pitch with just a fence around the edges. Wrexham does at least have a far larger fanbase and richer history than what Neville and his mates lot have.

Good luck to them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s great to see two Americans take such an interest in our game, especially celebrities who have got a million and one other duties to attend to, but the passion and commitment is clear to see 

But in terms of them winning the league, they basically bought the bloody thing lol hardly a huge achievement when you can throw £1.2m on transfers in the national league 

Reynolds is Canadian, 

• Like 2

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Just now, MF TAZ said:

Barely 

I’ve seen him play an American in a film where he marries his boss, because she’s Canadian! 

Barely ?? Born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

How barely is that ??

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.