Milton Keynes - V- Wednesday - OMDT

Just now, debram said:

Really pleased for the 3 points, just concerned about a poor 2nd half performance, sooner Smith is fit and Gregory back the better, will make a massive difference.

So you're saying we did well to get 3 points with 2 first choice strikers missing?

1 minute ago, debram said:

Really pleased for the 3 points, just concerned about a poor 2nd half performance, sooner Smith is fit and Gregory back the better, will make a massive difference.

This is important. 

Ball needs to stick and Gregory is one of the best for doing that. 

Windass isn't really a striker, Patterson isn't really a footballer. 

Just now, sternlad said:

I think the plea for another one or two in the door was made last week…and it didn’t happen so don’t hold your breath old boy!

The market seems to have stagnated a bit now the season has started, other things to focus on.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring someone in, likely Joseph maybe soon?

Haven’t watched it so won’t claim to have any particularly searing insights. Only things I’d say is that we definitely played MK at the right time, when a club has a massive turnover in players you definitely want to play them early.

Very glad we got the three points, just hope we don’t learn the lesson that we can get away with sitting on one-goal leads away from home on a regular basis, can’t see that ending well. 

By the sounds of it the takeaway from today is just as strong as it was after Pompey - we need reinforcements at the back.

Unconvinced by team or manager.  Not a believer in taking too many positives from ‘winning ugly’, playing poorly (however many points are accumulated) will catch up on this team.  Regardless of player turnover, I was hoping to see a more positive start to the season in terms of performance levels.  Our genuinely strong performances are too few and far between.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

The market seems to have stagnated a bit now the season has started, other things to focus on.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring someone in, likely Joseph maybe soon?

Aye, let’s hope he brings the technicolour dream coat with him to brighten things up a bit😉

We could use it to cover up the Presto sign🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We’ll play much better and lose this season. Can’t let teams boss us like that and expect anything. 

Noticed that MK Dons have not scored in either match. Last week the y did not have a shot on target. Without Twine, their attack is in shock and they might find it very difficult.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It's been a year and a half and I still don't know what Paterson offers.  Apart from causing sh@t and running the clock down.

I think you've answered your own question.

• Like 1