2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

I would be worried if you were surprised by this.

51 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I’m not so sure people who disagree or are “frothing at the mouth” as you patronisingly put it “haven’t got much else going on” or are even venting their spleens over one game. 

I get the impression it is more the fact they see the same old weaknesses from all through the DM reign being repeated time and again.  Different players, same formation, same result.  

No one is preaching Armageddon because we nearly threw away the first game, the concern surrounds the apparent lack of the same old problems not having been addressed, albeit early days, but the worrying signs are still there.

Same old problems?  We were top of the form table and a small handful of wins from getting promoted at the end of the season.

We were in the top 3 teams in the second half of the season.

Your grievances must still be lingering from before that. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

'Football Forum owner wakes up to what he has created' shock.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

I do think it is important to acknowledge the fact that the players did get themselves back into the game. 

A few years ago, we would have lost that 3-2 or perhaps conceded a fourth. 

We showed some guts to get a third and I think shortly after could have got a fourth (Bannan scissor kick blocked?). 

We should never have been chasing the game in the first place though!

Why can't some people see DM can't sort the defence for whatever reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Same old problems?  We were top of the form table and a small handful of wins from getting promoted at the end of the season.

There has been a constant trend though, of below average performances even when we were ‘doing well’.

Games we should have romped, were last minute nail biters. 

Also, a season is a full season, not half a season. It is pointless being a ‘top three’ side in the second half of the season when the season is already over by Christmas ( certainly with regard to autos).

My opinion is my opinion. I may be right or I may be ridiculously wrong, but I see flaws in his management being repeated time and again, from the relegation year ( not his squad, but still the manager), through last season, into the pre season and then the disjointed sh*t show, disorganised performance on Saturday. 

Just too many common denominators for my liking that set the alarm bells ringing, even allowing for being only one game in.

I’m not being hysterical, what will be will be and all will be revealed as the season unfolds.

As I put in another thread, this is not a vendetta against DM. No one will be more happy if I’m proved wrong but the same old lack of proactivity and decision making leaves me somewhat doubtful.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Its not one match though is it mate,?....its the same issue repeated through 3 seasons now,Like i said Forest Green Rovers won their opening match FFS..WW the same...but we leak 3 goals against a side we (easily) beat 4-1 last Year....Give away a lead (twice) to soft goals...and than go behind.....before managing a draw...DRAW

Its 2 points NEEDLESSLY dropped.........

AGAIN...& not the flying start that others have achieved ....Pompey were poor....

i do agree talk of reverting to a back 4 after 1 game is ridiculous..when 352 served us so well last Year,and we havnt yet seen what Smith can do(though Rovrum fans were speculating ON THEIR FORUM(yes its speculation,but maybe they have picked up on something ? has Smith had a knock,?) he might go the same way as our other Rotherham capture Lewis Wing under DM..?as our way of playing and slow build up leaves sides too much time....to defend and get men behind the ball...

I hope our next match proves me wrong,and moving forward we dominate what is a very poor Division...

I will be happy to eat my words...WAWAW

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

There has been a constant trend though, of below average performances even when we were ‘doing well’.

Games we should have romped, were last minute nail biters. 

Also, a season is a full season, not half a season. It is pointless being a ‘top three’ side in the second half of the season when the season is already over by Christmas ( certainly with regard to autos).

My opinion is my opinion. I may be right or I may be ridiculously wrong, but I see flaws in his management being repeated time and again, from the relegation year ( not his squad, but still the manager), through last season, into the pre season and then the disjointed sh*t show, disorganised performance on Saturday. 

Just too many common denominators for my liking that set the alarm bells ringing, even allowing for being only one game in.

I’m not being hysterical, what will be will be and all will be revealed as the season unfolds.

As I put in another thread, this is not a vendetta against DM. No one will be more happy if I’m proved wrong but the same old lack of proactivity and decision making leaves me somewhat doubtful.

Great Post. Not about being anti DM. It's just he can't seem to fix a basic issue. Yes we got close but really we should have been clear at the top. An experienced manager would have fixed the issues and gained us points.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yes we  were  EVENTUALLY.....we could(and should) have led that Division from the start....& when our tactics changed our form improved...but we still moved in and out of a play off position and dropped away from top 2...

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Great Post. Not about being anti DM. It's just he can't seem to fix a basic issue. Yes we got close but really we should have been clear at the top. An experienced manager would have fixed the issues and gained us points.

So many cant (or most likley dont want to) see it...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Wow..

Whats the big deal?? its Div 3,we had a side full of Championship and PL players.....**** me....playing in the third tier of our game,on Championship salarys....best midfielder in the Division PL GK on loan,

Rotherham managed it,but we couldnt??

Waits for the (long ) list of excuses...WW made it to the play off Final and missed  returning to the Championship by a whisker...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I’m not so sure people who disagree or are “frothing at the mouth” as you patronisingly put it “haven’t got much else going on” or are even venting their spleens over one game. 

I get the impression it is more the fact they see the same old weaknesses from all through the DM reign being repeated time and again.  Different players, same formation, same result.  

No one is preaching Armageddon because we nearly threw away the first game, the concern surrounds the apparent lack of the same old problems not having been addressed, albeit early days, but the worrying signs are still there.

I’ve read this through a few times and I’m not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me…

I think it’s a counter argument to what I said, and you said I was being patronising so that indicates you think what I said was wrong but beyond that I’ve no clue what your trying to say. 

🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve read this through a few times and I’m not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me…

I think it’s a counter argument to what I said, and you said I was being patronising so that indicates you think what I said was wrong but beyond that I’ve no clue what your trying to say. 

🤷‍♂️

Can’t remember what I was ‘counter arguing’ now. 
😂😂🙈🙈