After just one game

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think a lot are just disappointed that after leading twice we only came away with one point.  

Whenever that happens I always wonder what the reaction would have been from the fans if we had gone three down and fought back to 3-3 for a point

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whenever that happens I always wonder what the reaction would have been from the fans if we had gone three down and fought back to 3-3 for a point

I think you will always be ecstatic when you come back from 3 down to get something from the game.

A handful of people on here were really intense and angry.  Acting like Moore was still on probation and borrowed time and couldn't understand why other people didn't feel the same way.  First day back?  Alcohol?  Panic about being in League 1?  Something else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

A handful of people on here were really intense and angry.  Acting like Moore was still on probation and borrowed time and couldn't understand why other people didn't feel the same way.  First day back?  Alcohol?  Panic about being in League 1?  Something else?

Some people have made their mind up about the manager and any meh result will likely lead to an overflow of negativity and "I told you so" type rhetoric. 

In saying that, I think it important to be able to call things how you see it. 

I'm a wee bit frustrated that I saw some of the same old failings on Saturday, but I give credit to the fact we fought back and also it is only one game in. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

A handful of people on here were really intense and angry.  Acting like Moore was still on probation and borrowed time and couldn't understand why other people didn't feel the same way.  First day back?  Alcohol?  Panic about being in League 1?  Something else

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

exactly. It's almost like we have to be happy after every game and heap praise on everybody all the time. 

Are we going to have an inquest and question Moores capabilities every single time we drop points?

Does this happen in the real world?

If so im avoiding this place after matches.

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

That's the only one I'd disagree with, there is something fundamentally wrong, Is Moore over complicating it, or players not good enough to play this system? Who knows, but it ain't working from the day he took charge.  

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, mrbluesky said:

That's the only one I'd disagree with, there is something fundamentally wrong, Is Moore over complicating it, or players not good enough to play this system? Who knows, but it ain't working from the day he took charge.  

Sorry, that I would question, the others are just the usual knee-jerk reaction.

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Didn't we play 3-5-2 for most of last season? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Are we going to have an inquest and question Moores capabilities every single time we drop points?

Does this happen in the real world?

If so im avoiding this place after matches.

No, but it stems from 50 games last season and however many in the relegation season too. I don't think it's solely on Saturday's game no, but definitely over the 60+ that he's had with us. That's enough to forge a solid opinion on him no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Sorry, that I would question, the others are just the usual knee-jerk reaction.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Didn't we play 3-5-2 for most of last season? 

Yeah, I put a follow-up post saying it's the only one I'd question as this has been Moore's option for most of his tenure, which when you look at Saturday it was like it was the first time.

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

352 is designed to play quickly from the back with a big long/through ball threat to counter the press.

Conte made it famous, look at Son and Kane last season, press them and they're behind you in seconds.

We don't. 

We play slowly slowly, letting everyone get behind the ball and end up with 8 men along the edge of the box trying to get through. At which point they just bang it into the channels and we're in trouble. If they press we have no answer, as seen with the attempted long balls to Berahino and Gregory last season. Hence DM trying to make NML work up front.

352 was made to be the direct counter to 4231, when played as intended. We just play a half arsed version of it and get punished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Social media, is the 24x7 version of when the microphone was shoved in Keegan’s face, after he saw the red mist at Fergie. People type before they think, riddled with emotion and maybe some inexperience imo.

Anyway, I for one am really looking forward to next Saturdays game. Some of our attacking play was superb and given it is much harder to score goals than stop them, it bodes well for the season as a whole. Given it is away, I would not be surprised to see a back four anyway. Unfortunately, picking up the noises on Fizz, it feels like his injury might not just be a knock. If he has strained his groin, that could be a few weeks of a job. So, a back four and Vaulks from the off, may fix our defensive issues. Question is, can we still be as effective going forward with Smith in from the off?

2-0 to the Owls instead of 4-3?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

352 is designed to play quickly from the back with a big long/through ball threat to counter the press.

Conte made it famous, look at Son and Kane last season, press them and they're behind you in seconds.

We don't. 

We play slowly slowly, letting everyone get behind the ball and end up with 8 men along the edge of the box trying to get through. At which point they just bang it into the channels and we're in trouble. If they press we have no answer, as seen with the attempted long balls to Berahino and Gregory last season. Hence DM trying to make NML work up front.

352 was made to be the direct counter to 4231, when played as intended. We just play a half arsed version of it and get punished.

Couldn't agree more, I followed up my post as I meant to say it's the only one that Moore has stuck with through his tenure, thus being more than 1 game, players are simple souls (in the main) is it they just can't do the job they are being asked, or is it overcomplicated? Whatever it is, we have no consistency playing this way.