After just one game

I wonder if the MK Dons fans, Barnsley fans, or any other set of fans whose side lost at the weekend have the same proportion of panickers/moaners as we do.

not the best result or performance but some positives and we scored three without Bannan scoring or primary assisting which must be a record. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mike Bassett said:

I wonder if the MK Dons fans, Barnsley fans, or any other set of fans whose side lost at the weekend have the same proportion of panickers/moaners as we do.

not the best result or performance but some positives and we scored three without Bannan scoring or primary assisting which must be a record. 

Some people don't get it so to be clear...Its not about one game it's the inability of DM to fix the recurring defensive issue.

Too many games we also don't seem to have a plan b to unlock teams.

Morecambe and Gillingham away and numerous others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike Bassett said:

THIS 👆👆👆

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you honestly really truly believe should happen this season?

What is it that would make you happy?

It's not possible to win every single game

Quote: 'Its not possible to win every single game'   Not about that,luck,fitness,players losing form,injuries all contribute to dips in a season....(but all teams have to deal with that)We have just had a full pre season,on the back of 2 previous seasons,1 as a Championship Club...

Players have come & gone,but we still see the same defensive frailties & lack of ability to adapt to what our opponents do....(Pompey second half) 

Still unable to build on & retain a lead....& dominate against an opponent we know we can beat easily...(ergo our last match)still give away an early goal in second half,and STILL unable to defend a cross.....

Fans expected our manager to have recruited to deal with these issues in the pre season,and to see us build on our excellent finish to the season last Year.

NOT  see our team exposed and go behind at home losing a lead,and leaking goals....

Its NOT 'over reacting'  it being p***ed off,& disappointed....

I often wonder just what it will take to get people to understand why fans are dispirited..........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Some people don't get it so to be clear...Its not about one game it's the inability of DM to fix the recurring defensive issue.

What about the second half of last season?

Why are you deliberately dismissing our form, goals and solid management from that period and harking back to before it??

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, parajack said:

Quote: 'Its not possible to win every single game'   Not about that,luck,fitness,players losing form,injuries all contribute to dips in a season....(but all teams have to deal with that)We have just had a full pre season,on the back of 2 previous seasons,1 as a Championship Club...

Players have come & gone,but we still see the same defensive frailties & lack of ability to adapt to what our opponents do....(Pompey second half) 

Still unable to build on & retain a lead....& dominate against an opponent we know we can beat easily...(ergo our last match)still give away an early goal in second half,and STILL unable to defend a cross.....

Fans expected our manager to have recruited to deal with these issues in the pre season,and to see us build on our excellent finish to the season last Year.

NOT  see our team exposed and go behind at home losing a lead,and leaking goals....

Its NOT 'over reacting'  it being p***ed off,& disappointed....

I often wonder just what it will take to get people to understand why fans are dispirited..........

Second half of last season we were smashing I. Goal after goal after goal after goal and winning game after game after game

Why are you ignoring that and overreacting to one single opening match where we scored three goals and didn’t lose?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Mike Bassett said:

Barnsley fans? a side who were in the Championship play offs 2 seasons ago,a newly relegated former Championship side,to lose their opening game in a lower Division,is hardly something to cheer about,and sets the scene in some peoples minds for what may follow....not your best choice of example of what can go wrong for a Club eh?

Ditto MK Dons currently 22nd in Div 3 after losing key players close season....

These are sides we should now compare ourselves to?...Apples & pears come to mind...

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about the second half of last season?

Why are you deliberately dismissing our form, goals and solid management from that period and harking back to before it??

Deliberately ?....Labelling mate,and framing my views through your own template.....Its my opinion,thats it,ime not the third gunman on the 'grassy knoll'..Now to answer your Q...Because by the second half of last season,it was already too late for an automatic spot(in my view)  & we were unable to  get to the Play Of Final,let alone win it....

Ergo: we couldnt even do what WW managed......

I and(some) other fans are simply fed up of the excuses.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Second half of last season we were smashing I. Goal after goal after goal after goal and winning game after game after game

Why are you ignoring that and overreacting to one single opening match where we scored three goals and didn’t lose?

Did we beat Sunderland? NO Did we get to the Play Off Final? (let alone win it?) NO.......Talk about stretching things....YES we scored three goals,we had TO at the end didnt we? or we would have lost....

What you dont say is,we were unable to dominate a side we beat easily last match,(Cowley ).and unable tactically to adapt to Pompeys changes second half....Unable to capitalise on a lead,and unable to defend a cross....

This League is full of hard working teams who will play direct,time waste,and use high press........If we cant defend corners/free kicks and general cross into our box.....We will see more of the same and we wont always be able to score 3,or 4 goals a game just to obtain a draw....

Thats my view,thats IT....

Doesnt make me a bad person......I even like Dogs.......!

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Deliberately ? 

Yes

Or did you do it accidentally?

If so I'm just giving you a nudge to remind you of our stunning form, exhilerating run in, volume of amazing goals and great management that nearly got us promoted

So now you've been reminded you can count it into your overview and realise you're dramatically overreacting to a game where we scored three and didn't lose.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Did we beat Sunderland? NO Did we get to the Play Off Final? (let alone win it?) NO.......Talk about stretching things....YES we scored three goals,we had TO at the end didnt we? or we would have lost....

What you dont say is,we were unable to dominate a side we beat easily last match,(Cowley ).and unable tactically to adapt to Pompeys changes second half....Unable to capitalise on a lead,and unable to defend a cross....

This League is full of hard working teams who will play direct,time waste,and use high press........If we cant defend corners/free kicks and general cross into our box.....We will see more of the same and we wont always be able to score 3,or 4 goals a game just to obtain a draw....

Nobody's saying you hate dogs or are a bad person - again overdramatising things

All I'm saying is it's disingenous (and deliberate) for you to totally disregard our form from the second half of last season

Calm down, think about it, be fair and be real and you will see we've played one single game, scored three goals, and haven't lost

One point on the board, an another game coming up to see how we can improve

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

But we're still on for autos and HMS PTL is still on... 😄 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps just to remind everyone:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ARE UNBEATEN THIS SEASON

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ARE UNBEATEN AT HOME THIS SEASON

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NOT WON A GAME THIS SEASON

2/3 GAMES IN THE PLAYOFFS ARE NOT AT HOME

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NOT WON A GAME THIS SEASON

2/3 GAMES IN THE PLAYOFFS ARE NOT AT HOME

Ok then

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ARE UNBEATEN IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ARE UNBEATEN AWAY THIS SEASON

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

waste of time saying anything negative about the players, tactics, performance, or heaven forbid, the manager. A few on here seem to think the forum is created to be 100% positive about everything regarding SWFC, and anything with a slight hint of negativity will upset a couple. Honestly mate i've realised if you aren't 100% optimistic and positive then some on here just don't want to see it. Don't waste your time bud

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

waste of time saying anything negative about the players, tactics, performance, or heaven forbid, the manager. A few on here seem to think the forum is created to be 100% positive about everything regarding SWFC, and anything with a slight hint of negativity will upset a couple. Honestly mate i've realised if you aren't 100% optimistic and positive then some on here just don't want to see it. Don't waste your time bud

That's quite possibly the most weak and pathetic posts I've read in a long time

lol

It's unreal how people who want to post 'negative' posts (your word not mine) do so, but cry if they're challenged on their views.

Why can't you just debate the topics?

You give us your 'negative' views and we can post stats, facts and numbers to see if your views are correct or not?

That's literally how a forum works - two way, two sided debate

It's not a little echo chamber. Your views will be challenged, discussed, debated and stats and facts will be used to see if you're right or not

And ironically you've posted it as a reply to someone who has been posting 'negative' (your definition not mine) over and over and over for months and yet has debated and explained his views and had them challenged just fine and is a valued and important member of the forum. Parajack manages to post this views and discuss them - why can't you handle doing that?

So basically the issue here isn't that the forum isn't negative but that you can't handle your opinions or views being tested or challenged

And that's on YOU yourself not us.

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

The recurring defensive issue you talk about hasn’t just arrived with DM, we have been this way since Carlos was manager.