After just one game

6 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

No, but it stems from 50 games last season and however many in the relegation season too. I don't think it's solely on Saturday's game no, but definitely over the 60+ that he's had with us. That's enough to forge a solid opinion on him no?

We were 2 or 3 wins from promotion last season.  He nailed his tactics after Christmas.  Lets say it was B+.

Although I know he's not going to be the next Alex Ferguson that's good enough to let him give it another shot.

He deserves some time this season and some headless chickens on the internet shouldn't affect that.  

Reality says we're not just going to walk the league.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Social media, is the 24x7 version of when the microphone was shoved in Keegan’s face, after he saw the red mist at Fergie. People type before they think, riddled with emotion and maybe some inexperience imo. 

Definitely

And if it's viewed that way it's really funny sometimes!

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

To be fair I thought we showed some bottle to come back from 3:2 down

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

We were 2 or 3 wins from promotion last season.  He nailed his tactics after Christmas.  Lets say it was B+.

Although I know he's not going to be the next Alex Ferguson that's good enough to let him give it another shot.

He deserves some time this season and some headless chickens on the internet shouldn't affect that.  

Reality says we're not just going to walk the league.

christ if you was on the exam board back at school everyone would have passed their exams with flying colours wouldn't they. Very generous marker aren't you to say it was a failure of a season

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

I think 1) has merit going back to last season and might fix the other 4 if it worked.

Needs another new signing or two in forward areas to properly work, though.

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Couldn't agree more, I followed up my post as I meant to say it's the only one that Moore has stuck with through his tenure, thus being more than 1 game, players are simple souls (in the main) is it they just can't do the job they are being asked, or is it overcomplicated? Whatever it is, we have no consistency playing this way.

It'll attract my usual fanclub, but we play it this way to accommodate Gregory and play to his strengths. Slow build up, balls primarily to feet in the D, byline cutbacks to the front post. Doesn't have the pace or movement to stretch the defence, but we still play him on the shoulder, so we do what we do. He stays central while the other striker moves about and we play off him.

It’s not just about one game, but the conceding of 3 soft goals on the back of failing to win promotion last season and getting relegated the season before.

Theres a lot of frustration. And a lot of happy clappers for some reason. Other poor managers we’ve had recently didn’t get the same support this one has had. 

Some people have very low standards. We’re the biggest club in this league, unless you include Derby who are in disarray off the pitch, nobody else is close. We also have the highest budget by far. If we don’t get automatics again it’s a failure so when you concede 3 at home on the opening day there’s just apathy 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why would you not include Derby if you're discussing this league?

Personally I think we’re bigger than Derby but they’re the only ones you can put in the same bracket. And they’ve got problems 

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

christ if you was on the exam board back at school everyone would have passed their exams with flying colours wouldn't they. Very generous marker aren't you to say it was a failure of a season

Again your reaction is dramatically over the top.  Calm down.  We've been here twice in the last 20 years and it's taken us 2 seasons to get promoted.  I hate league 1 but why get stressed about one result.  Obviously improvements can be made.  Moore needs to crack on with it and he'll obviously be assessed as the season takes shape.  

Chansiris wide boy incompetence got us here.  But at this point, this is where we are.

The reality of football is that you rarely get what you want or feel you deserve.

Failure is subjective.  Although we didn't achieve what we set out to do last season we were incredibly close.  You seem to be confused that other people don't share your intense annoyance and need to pin the blame.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Personally I think we’re bigger than Derby but they’re the only ones you can put in the same bracket. And they’ve got problems 

Yeah true mate

Do the biggest teams always get promoted?

I mean do the stats back up that because we're the biggest team in the league that it's historically true that means you get promoted?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Not going to throw my toys out after 1 game… however

pleased we scored 3… looks like we will create chances this season. However I would like to see our strikers getting on the scoresheet sooner rather than later.

This defence needs to gel and do it quickly.

it is worrying that we were in complete control at half time and the second half was absolute chaos. Echos of some of the low points of last season

pleased we managed to get something out of the game in the end

2 points a game needed, we do not want to slip behind this early on as we did last season.

Interested to see if any more come in before the end of the window

Edited by Sensible Soccer
  • Like 1