After just one game

15 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

christ if you was on the exam board back at school everyone would have passed their exams with flying colours wouldn't they. Very generous marker aren't you to say it was a failure of a season

What do you honestly really truly believe should happen this season?

What is it that would make you happy?

It's not possible to win every single game

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What do you honestly really truly believe should happen this season?

What is it that would make you happy?

It's not possible to win every single game

same as my expectations last season pal, automatic promotion. Playoff success at the very least. I get that i'm harsh on the squad and manager but it's my own personal belief that last season the squad was strong enough to get promoted either in the top 2 or via the playoffs, i thought our squad was better than the 5th position finish suggested it was. Same this season, i think the league is weaker this season comparing the teams who went up and came down, so again top 2 would be my realistic expectation.

I understand fans look at it differently, but it's a football forum for different opinions, views, expectations, standards etc. Sorry if i expect too much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

same as my expectations last season pal, automatic promotion. Playoff success at the very least. I get that i'm harsh on the squad and manager but it's my own personal belief that last season the squad was strong enough to get promoted either in the top 2 or via the playoffs, i thought our squad was better than the 5th position finish suggested it was. Same this season, i think the league is weaker this season comparing the teams who went up and came down, so again top 2 would be my realistic expectation.

I understand fans look at it differently, but it's a football forum for different opinions, views, expectations, standards etc. Sorry if i expect too much 

It's not about expecting too much

Maybe you're right

When you say the league is weaker this season do you also think our squad is weaker than last seasons?

Owlstalk Shop

It's funny isn't it.... people get attacked for being negative yet when they ARE proved right its not yes we should have listened to you, you were right.  No its just ghdn agreeing with those sums points they attacked them for and forget they have been proven to be tight and them wrong.

It's too early to seriously judge new players or form of the team right now. However Moore has now had plenty of time to have learned form his time here. We can't just keep giving time to managers who are not improving the mistakes or our own style of play and form. I'd rather see people being critical because we are so very far away from where our club should be than be a pathetic little club mentality that is grateful for not being the worst team in the league. Winners should see this as an embarrassing time for Wednesday, being down here. The worst possible thing is for us to think we are not a premiership size club. Many tiny clubs have been up there since we came down. Belief is not about facts its about desire and making things happen not accepting. It may be harsh on Moore in some ways but how long does he get to change the things he still hasn't after almost 18 months here. It's 22 years we can't let ourselves be a Sunderland or piggies down here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Personally I think we’re bigger than Derby but they’re the only ones you can put in the same bracket. And they’ve got problems 

We had similar problems last year but you still expected us to get promotion.

Derby's wage bill will be equivalent to ours so they should be certs to go up?

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

It's funny isn't it.... people get attacked for being negative yet when they ARE proved right its not yes we should have listened to you, you were right.  No its just ghdn agreeing with those sums points they attacked them for and forget they have been proven to be tight and them wrong.

When were you right mate?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

It's too early to seriously judge new players or form of the team right now.

Winners should see this as an embarrassing time for Wednesday, being down here. 

You're right but we were 2 wins away from promotion last season as towards the end our form was stunning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not about expecting too much

Maybe you're right

When you say the league is weaker this season do you also think our squad is weaker than last seasons?

Not at all no, the keeper change looks much of nothing, so on a similar level i'd say and not much between them. The 3 centre backs signed i was happy with, maybe not as good as Storey and Hutch but not that bad that it should make a difference. Vaulks i would have said was an upgrade on Luongo, and Smith is an upgrade on Berahino. 

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Not at all no, the keeper change looks much of nothing, so on a similar level i'd say and not much between them. The 3 centre backs signed i was happy with, maybe not as good as Storey and Hutch but not that bad that it should make a difference. Vaulks i would have said was an upgrade on Luongo, and Smith is an upgrade on Berahino. 

But how much do you know about the new players?

How many times have you seen them play for instance?

Can you guarantee they're a step up (or at least not a step down)?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Wish some people would just go outside and shout at a cloud.

Yeah I mean the way I see it most fans expect us to be in automatic contention this season and I'm sure chansiri does too.

There is no point panicking after 1 game.

Either Moore will address the issues and make us into genuine contenders or if not its highly likely he will be gone by Christmas. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

Before he did his Achilles we could have probably sold Iorfa for a couple of million but no one is going to buy him now so we either keep picking him or try loan him out for the season

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

Don't we always seem to struggle in the first few games..  Its a new team effectively, it will take time to gel..  Hopefully Moore does not tinker around with the team too much as we need a settled 11..

Yes, but many people here already discuss a change of system and ask for tinkering only to have a reason to complain about it afterwards

The supporters I spoke to was like me found it an alarming performance . If it weren't for those 2 great strikes and the 100% penalty for them we would have back to back 4-1 defeats . Those 3 at the back look like there on there holidays . Absolutely shocking . 6 weeks together and that's how they perform 

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah true mate

Do the biggest teams always get promoted?

I mean do the stats back up that because we're the biggest team in the league that it's historically true that means you get promoted?

I’m not sure about size but I’d say it is to budget. Ever since the Prem in 92 it’s got more and more correlated to budget. It started off where the big sides like Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool were always in the top 5/6 sides, then Chelsea and City and Spurs, now it’s unusual when they aren’t the top 6. Then that’s fed down the league and it’s the same sides in the middle and at the bottom.

Now the championship we have Norwich, Watford, WBA and Fulham regularly trading places. League 1 it’s Barnsley, Rotherham, Wigan etc.

The bigger clubs are usually out of league 1 within 2 seasons.. Wolves, Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, Wednesday (so far). It’s only Sunderland (4) and Utd (6) who’ve got marooned down here. We really don’t want to end up like that