After just one game

2 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

This forum like many others have set of groups

We have a certain amount that won't hear anything wrong about swfc, and will stamp and shout if anyone says anything negative about the team. They will make disparaging comments about the bed wetters etc

Then we have the we've seen faults and want to discuss them and praise were is needed. Unfortunately the above have a go at these fans for the very nerve of saying something negative

Then the depressed ones like my dad who thinks that we are just crap and we could win the league and they'd moan about something, but can sometimes be happy

Then the blunts who come on and act as the above group and I have worked out by reading posts who these are, as they have never ever said anything positive ever

I count myself in group 2, and I tried to talk about what I saw at the weekend. Unfortunately I struggled trying to discuss it, as we were being negative to some, and then the others were everyone was poo and the keeper is fat.

I look out for certain posters as they talk sense, and people like parajack and a few others want to discuss things and give reasons why they come to their findings.

I've been on this planet for a fair few years and I watch no other sport than football. As I've got older my knowledge of the game and tactics etc have strengthened and I can see why we as a club do this or that. I try to talk about these but won't stop trying to do this

I've been on this board since the first day it was invented (originally member number 2 behind Neil) so I am not a newbie to these things, I just went dark over the years (ex wife's etc)so I am not seen as part of the clique anymore, and you sometimes get poo poo'd

Anyway not wanting to slag fellow fans off as we all love swfc deep down, I just sometimes find it hard to get a proper conversation and proper chat going at times

Anyway just wanted to post this and it's not a flounce, it's just dejection I suppose

WAWAW deep down inside somewhere

Culure wars innit mate

We've all been programmed to get into culture wars in the last 10 years

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whaaaaatttt???

Who?

Name them

I can never remember their names till I see them post, and then think they have never ever posted anything apart from we are this and that and can't ever have been weds fans. I'm not talking about the Luke's of this forum, that try to wind people up, but there are some that do whiff of pork with their comments

Edited by MBMitchell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

I can never remember their names till I see them post, and then think they have never ever posted anything apart from we are this and that and can't ever have been weds fans. I'm not talking about the Luke's of this forum, that try to wind people up, but there are some that do whiff of pork with their comments

You might not believe me but they're really Wednesday fans

They're just horrendously negative and miserable

Same as the people who like to moan about Sheffield Council on facebook for putting cycle lanes

Same 'types'

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

The pressure is incredible this season, especially post transfer embargo. Don’t envy DM in that sense but he needs to show he can master the tactics now rather than just his other strengths as a good figure head and a guy players want to play for 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Culure wars innit mate

We've all been programmed to get into culture wars in the last 10 years

I do smile sometimes when people imagine me ‘raging away’ at my keyboard. Just because I don’t beat about the bush and speak bluntly. Are people so fragile these days? Seems everyone loves ‘straight talking’ that is until they get some. Well to quote Austin Powers you may be cunning linguists but ime a masterdebater lol

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

I do smile sometimes when people imagine me ‘raging away’ at my keyboard. Just because I don’t beat about the bush and speak bluntly. Are people so fragile these days? Seems everyone loves ‘straight talking’ that is until they get some. Well to quote Austin Powers you may be cunning linguists but ime a masterdebater lol

lol

Nobody's imagining you raging away mate

I appreciate your bluntness - it always makes for a lively discussion!

Owlstalk Shop

On 01/08/2022 at 12:04, @owlstalk said:

So after just one game some of our fans have decided:

1) Scrap the three at the back

2) Sell Iorfa

3) Kick Stockdale out of SWFC

4) FDB isn't that good really

5) Darren Moore should be sacked immediately

After just one game

We didn't even lose!

lol

Football's crackers isn't it

Time to sideline Owlstalk.  Is it fit for purpose any longer?  Back in the 70s, the players used to do a lap of honour if they won a corner....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

The pressure is incredible this season, especially post transfer embargo. Don’t envy DM in that sense but he needs to show he can master the tactics now rather than just his other strengths as a good figure head and a guy players want to play for 

Agree but in many ways it’s pressure he brings on his self eg with his playing it out philosophy and playing  1 up front(initially) last season. Together with in my view some poor selections and subs at times he has brought the pressure on his self

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Speaking of corners - ours have improved a lot recently

Pity the defending of them gives me a heart attack every time.... 

Never really understood how any professional player can take a poor corner..... 

53 minutes ago, parajack said:

Agree but in many ways it’s pressure he brings on his self eg with his playing it out philosophy and playing  1 up front(initially) last season. Together with in my view some poor selections and subs at times he has brought the pressure on his self

Yeah there are questions on game management and the goals we are conceding in the air. Since the Derby draw where we played a high line when 3-2 up I have been wondering what the thinking is in certain situations. But our home record and goals scored was impressive and he’s done some good work around the club. At this level it’s in some ways harder for a manager in my view as there is little room for error and we need to be winning each week (although he has the tools and budget). Had we been 10th in the championship and developing a few players it’s a bit easier 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

This forum like many others have set of groups

We have a certain amount that won't hear anything wrong about swfc, and will stamp and shout if anyone says anything negative about the team. They will make disparaging comments about the bed wetters etc

Then we have the we've seen faults and want to discuss them and praise were is needed. Unfortunately the above have a go at these fans for the very nerve of saying something negative

Then the depressed ones like my dad who thinks that we are just crap and we could win the league and they'd moan about something, but can sometimes be happy

Then the blunts who come on and act as the above group and I have worked out by reading posts who these are, as they have never ever said anything positive ever

I count myself in group 2, and I tried to talk about what I saw at the weekend. Unfortunately I struggled trying to discuss it, as we were being negative to some, and then the others were everyone was poo and the keeper is fat.

I look out for certain posters as they talk sense, and people like parajack and a few others want to discuss things and give reasons why they come to their findings.

I've been on this planet for a fair few years and I watch no other sport than football. As I've got older my knowledge of the game and tactics etc have strengthened and I can see why we as a club do this or that. I try to talk about these but won't stop trying to do this

I've been on this board since the first day it was invented (originally member number 2 behind Neil) so I am not a newbie to these things, I just went dark over the years (ex wife's etc)so I am not seen as part of the clique anymore, and you sometimes get poo poo'd

Anyway not wanting to slag fellow fans off as we all love swfc deep down, I just sometimes find it hard to get a proper conversation and proper chat going at times

Anyway just wanted to post this and it's not a flounce, it's just dejection I suppose

WAWAW deep down inside somewhere

You've missed out the don't give a flying duck anymores

• Like 1