After just one game

It would be interesting to have a poll as to what everyone's expectations are for this season.

At the beginning of last season I suppose the majority would have been happy with getting to the play offs and take the 1 in 4 chance of promotion that it gave.

This season do we want  automatic promotion, or would we settle for play offs again, or even be happy with a top 10 finish.

If it's the top 2 we want, it's always been pretty consistent in previous seasons that you need to win 26/27 games and get around 90 points. For that to happen you have to be winning fairly  consistently and be in touch with the top from the start. 

Two teams will do that, do we want to be one of them?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

How do you quantify that though.  Every single one is giving what they think is 100 percent to the methods they think will work.

And if they don't work, they change or get fired.

Same as any other industry, expected results are proportional to investment, or everyone in every role would be on the minimum wage.

A company recruiting for and paying 10k a week expects better results than one paying 1k a week for the same role.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

And if they don't work, they change or get fired.

Same as any other industry, expected results are proportional to investment, or everyone in every role would be on the minimum wage.

A company recruiting for and paying 10k a week expects better results than one paying 1k a week for the same role.

I'm sure Darren Moore will like every other manager in the world.

But the person who makes this decision, and not some randomer on the internet, deems that his performances have been good enough for him to have another go.   Shouting the loudest isn't going to change this decision at this time.

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

But the person who makes this decision, and not some randomer on the internet, deems that his performances have been good enough for him to have another go.   Shouting the loudest isn't going to change this decision at this time.

If Chansiri's happy then good for him.

The question is, will he be happy with another season of failure?

• Like 1

I think SWFC is just too important to some people, like they literally can't cope with things going even slightly badly. Don't get me wrong SWFC is important to me and I get a bit grumpy when we don't win (And depressed for 2/3 days with a defeat) but the anger and aggression some folks have, they really need to get a grip!!

Saturday was disappointing but also showed us some incredible positives

1. we're playing fairly well like 2nd half of last season

2. Fizz is going to be a cracking player

3. We can fight back from 2-3 down

4. We have great fans (26k+)

5. New kits are immense (record sales)

Reckon the defence will start to gel in next few games and we'll be keeping clean sheets all over the place.

Also we've still got the loan market to utilise. 

Plenty to be positive and excited about

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

If Chansiri's happy then good for him.

The question is, will he be happy with another season of failure?

Probably not.

If only we knew the future we could hold people responsible now and forget about trivial stuff like trials and motives.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

20 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

In the main members are saying WHY they think the Managers decisions have been/are wrong not just calling for his head

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I think SWFC is just too important to some people, like they literally can't cope with things going even slightly badly. Don't get me wrong SWFC is important to me and I get a bit grumpy when we don't win (And depressed for 2/3 days with a defeat) but the anger and aggression some folks have, they really need to get a grip!!

Reckon the defence will start to gel in next few games and we'll be keeping clean sheets all over the place.

I'm usually over it by the next morning.  

After the Hartlepool game in the pizza cup, which was the worst performance I'd ever seen, I was shocked and genuinely peed off.  By the Saturday afternoon it had been forgotten.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Got you .... but you could split hairs another way and say an away draw is better than a home draw. 😉

You could indeed...  but in terms of places or position....  it goes on goals scored....  i win...  🤪

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I'd say the ones who it's too important too are the ones who lose it at the sign of any negativity.

Some people take any criticism of the club far too personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1