Sorry folks just a bit sheffield advice

We play your not so good neighbours on 16th August on a Tuesday night .

Looking at possibly getting train down rather than drive . Any ideas if I'd make it back to the station by 10.10 pm for the train never been to their ground before . Will it be as relaxed as it was when I walked to your place last season or these lot a lot more edgy than Wednesday? 

Just some general advice off a good bunch of fans please ? 

8 minutes ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Looking at possibly getting train down rather than drive . Any ideas if I'd make it back to the station by 10.10 pm for the train never been to their ground before . Will it be as relaxed as it was when I walked to your place last season or these lot a lot more edgy than Wednesday? 

it's literally 5 min walk ( along one road) 

You're only just ok for a 22:10 train if KO is 19:45. Few stoppages and you'll not be finished much before 21:45. Then you've got to get out the ground, and walk through crowds...more than 1km. I'm a pretty brisk walker and it would take me nearer 15' than 10'.

Put another way, you'd be wanting to clap the lads off after their 3-1 win, and might not have time to do that...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

You're only just ok for a 22:10 train if KO is 19:45. Few stoppages and you'll not be finished much before 21:45. Then you've got to get out the ground, and walk through crowds...more than 1km. I'm a pretty brisk walker and it would take me nearer 15' than 10'.

Put another way, you'd be wanting to clap the lads off after their 3-1 win, and might not have time to do that...

Not expecting a goal rich game then?

As others have said, you will know you’re getting close when the smell of bacon becomes overpowering.

You might also see some shoes flying around, especially if they haven’t had a great start to the season.

You will of course also have the respectable half of Sheffield on your side that night, cheering you on in spirit. 

1 hour ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Expect to see a lot of blood on their knuckles, they haven't evolved yet

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

I’d say train is a better option than car for Bramall Lane (assuming they are running). I know a few fans of all clubs are nutters but I’ve honestly no reason to think a visit to the Pigs will be particularly dicey. Particularly seen as you knocked us out of the playoffs!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’d say train is a better option than car for Bramall Lane (assuming they are running). I know a few fans of all clubs are nutters but I’ve honestly no reason to think a visit to the Pigs will be particularly dicey. Particularly seen as you knocked us out of the playoffs!

Sunderland will probably take a few and can be a bit lively, think I’d be more surprised if it didn’t kick off after tbh

1 hour ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Time wise you should be ok, view from the bottom tier ain’t that good unless you all stand up. If you’re going straight from the train to the game the station has a pub for a swift un, if you arrive early most of the pubs close to the ground are grunters only so may be better a bit further away. Oh and good luck hopefully you absolutely batter them 

• Like 1

You probably did the right thing asking us for directions

If you asked the Pigs they'd probably direct you to the town hall as they like to pretend their ground is in the Heart of the City, as opposed to the dump of an area it is, outside of the ring road