Most visited away ground

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Deepdale, 1st time was Eustaces comeback game after his westham stint and he scored the pen, was there when Prendo broke his leg as well.

Elland Rd would be close 2nd, 1st time there was the night Woodhall sent us all home barmy, went one year and we didnt get out of our own half until after half time

Probably Leicester - Filbert Street. I doubt whether we will ever play 3 games in 8 days at an away ground ever again. 

3.  Arsenal – Sheffield Wednesday; Filbert Street, FA Cup Third Round Second Replay, Monday 15 January 1979: 2-2 a.e.t. (Liam Brady, Alan Sunderland; Brian Hornsby 2). Attendance: 25, 011

4.  Arsenal – Sheffield Wednesday; Filbert Street, FA Cup Third Round Third Replay, Wednesday 17 January 1979: 3-3 a.e.t. (Frank Stapleton 2, Willie Young; David Rushbury, John Lowey, Brian Hornsby). Attendance: 17, 008

5.  Arsenal – Sheffield Wednesday; Filbert Street, FA Cup Third Round Fourth Replay, Monday 22 January 1979: 2-0 (Steve Gatting, Frank Stapleton). Attendance: 30, 275

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Seemed to visit Selhurst Park a lot in the 80s and 90s when Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon all played there.

Same for me. We played there twice within five days in the early nineties - both against Wimbledon.

Was living in west London at the time and it still took 1.5 hours to get to the ground from our house.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

i seem to remember going on the ICO Train that day.Got a little bit nervious that moment we got off at Manors Station near St James Pk.WTF:

Watching Wednesday at an away ground - 12 times at St James' Park, Newcastle.

A right range of emotions in that dozen from Gary Shelton overhead kick on my Birthday 1984 and winning 2-1 top of the Premier league 1996 (Whittingham winner, Shearer's first home game?) to the 8-0 beating in 1999.

14 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

Watching Wednesday at an away ground - 12 times at St James' Park, Newcastle.

A right range of emotions in that dozen from Gary Shelton overhead kick on my Birthday 1984 and winning 2-1 top of the Premier league 1996 (Whittingham winner, Shearer's first home game?) to the 8-0 beating in 1999.

23 years on, and that 8-0 drubbing is fresh on my mind.Danny Wilson should really have been sacked then and not Jan/Feb in that fateful season.

• Like 2

Selhurst Park was the closest to where I grew up and my mum’s side of the family were all Palace fans, so I’ve been there far more than any other ground. Loads of times against Wednesday, but loads as a neutral too.

Also been to the Valley, the Den and Loftus Road plenty of times.

Guest Andy W
16 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Which away ground have have you been to most watching WEDNESDAY ? .mines Everton 16 

Probably QPR as it allows wife to shop at westfield!

Or Fulham perhaps