Remember when people were telling us we need to get rid of Bannan?

2 hours ago, Belgradeowl said:

One of the most talented footballers to wear the shirt and, what is more, one of the most committed players ever to play for Wednesday    Don’t come on with any poo about wages.  He’s a great little player and we are so fortunate to have him.  

I agree with everything said here.

Also his corners are crap.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It wasn't correct though.

If we had listened to you we would have got rid of and lost the player of the season

So no - you weren't correct - as I was trying to tell you (and the rest of the bizarre Bannan Hate Festival gang) at the time that you were being crackers

You were being crackers

At least you've realised now though and have changed your mind

But at least be humble about it and admit you were completely and totally wrong

Your mind is too closed to even dabte with you. So I wont bother trying any more. You dont listen.

But one thing to consider, now who is the one telling people whose opinions are right and wrong,and what opinion to have? Not me.

I'll leave you alone to enjoy your Bannan love in. Its cute, in a way.

3 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Your mind is too closed to even dabte with you. So I wont bother trying any more. You dont listen. 

I do

I listened to you when you were screaming that Bannan was the problem and we should get rid
I heard you and listened

I just disagreed that's all and told you so every time you tried to lead and whip up the campaign to get rid of our player of the season

Because you were wrong

Not only wrong but unable to cope with the fact that people disagree with you and highlight your incorrect views to you

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We don't really need to go up to justify a thread suggesting it's a good idea to have Bannan in our team

The thread is an attempted dig at "naysayers", but it falls flat.

I like Bannan, and I like that he's part of the team. But from a football and business perspective the decision to keep him hasn't paid off, so what's there to celeberate? Hopefully it pays off next year, and as a bonus you'll have something to rub in people's noses then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bobness said:

I like Bannan, and I like that he's part of the team. But from a football and business perspective the decision to keep him hasn't paid off, 

lol

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL 
WAGE BILL

How tedious the wage bill bandwagon brigade are

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I do

I listened to you when you were screaming that Bannan was the problem and we should get rid
I heard you and listened

I just disagreed that's all and told you so every time you tried to lead and whip up the campaign to get rid of our player of the season

Because you were wrong

Not only wrong but unable to cope with the fact that people disagree with you and highlight your incorrect views to you

amazing

43 minutes ago, Nero said:

The idea that you judge how good a player is solely by the final position of their team of is perhaps THE most simple minded thing ive read on here for quite a bit.

Well done. 👏

Can you state which part of my post where I am solely judging how good a player I believe Bannan is based on the final position of the team? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
etc etc etc

Change the ******** record ffs

lol

I agree it gets boring listening to people not wanting the club to continue to suffer from financial mismanagement and end up with further sanctions and possible points deductions.

I’ve enjoyed the last few years, the rumours, the sanctions, letters to the efl, court decisions, points deductions, players not being paid etc.

it brings an elevated level of excitement as you don’t know what’s going to happen next.

It’s often the basis for how successful clubs and businesses in general are run and long may it and our glorious success continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I agree it gets boring listening to people not wanting the club to continue to suffer from financial mismanagement and end up with further sanctions and possible points deductions.

I’ve enjoyed the last few years, the rumours, the sanctions, letters to the efl, court decisions, points deductions, players not being paid etc.

it brings an elevated level of excitement as you don’t know what’s going to happen next.

It’s often the basis for how successful clubs and businesses in general are run and long may it and our glorious success continue.

Exactamondo..they are all scared of the wage bill..they think if they dont discuss it it will go away...We need to start payin sensible wages..if that means bazza..patto..and all te other big earners have to go..so be it..we need to start gettin value for money

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What a mad couple of seasons it's been in our fanbase

People getting pulled into some mass psychosis bandwagon of telling others that Barry Bannan needs to go because he's the problem.
People telling us that because all the play goes through Bannan that we need to sell him asap and replace him with someone who plays less football

Twitter awash with people trying to push the idea that Bannan was the enemy of our success and that he didn't score enough too or that his corners were rubbish

Were you one of those people who jumped on that bandwagon? (might as well fess up as we can just use the search facility and find your posts anyway 🤣

If so - how do you feel about Bannan now?
Have you changed your opinion?

Have you changed your opinion of the people who told you to have that opinion?

Similar scenario to Owlstalk and the Chansiri haters. When things go wrong lots of fans want someone to vent their anger at.