Remember when people were telling us we need to get rid of Bannan?

Anyway ...

Let's all cheer on Barry as he pulls on a Scotland Shirt tomorrow night and runs rings around those Ukrainian chappies in the World Cup Qualifiers ......

Because Scotland will have their very bestest players playing tomorrow night won't they ?........

lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Since New Year we've lost 6 games of football.

Two of those to sides that went up and one due to an inept referee.

We're not crap, that statement just simply isn't true.

We finished 48th of 92 in the football pyramid. 

We are crap. 

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok then are you confident that our scouts and management and chairman can find and recruit two young players better than Bannan - our player of the year?

Wigan,  Rotherham and Sunderland all got promoted with lesser players than Bannan or should I say they had no partiocular player better than Bannan. I'll light the touch paper in saying not one player in any of those squads were earning anything near what BB is on. Whether he deserves it is irrelevant to a degree, but they got promoted we didnt. Just an observation.

Guest Musttryharder
4 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

So if we don't go up its Bannans fault?

As anyone up to now on here said it was Bannans fault we didnt go up. Thats Bizarre

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

You do know which team scored most goals from corners don’t you?

Just had a quick look, and I'm definitely going with Wigan or Rotherham.

We scored 17 goals from corners last season...

1170127113_Screenshot2022-05-31at21_12_57.png.d7e3b2448183a669d038f75123479af1.png

But when you add in the one goal we scored from a free-kick all season (Byers, assisted by Bannan - Charlton H), we were still only joint 8th in terms of goals from set pieces last season:

365252799_Screenshot2022-05-31at21_19_22.thumb.png.b33665357b15d383a94e8e63ad9a933c.png

Unless Wigan, Rotherham and Accrington scored loads from free-kicks, then they must have been ahead of us for goals from corners?

24 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Wigan,  Rotherham and Sunderland all got promoted with lesser players than Bannan or should I say they had no partiocular player better than Bannan. I'll light the touch paper in saying not one player in any of those squads were earning anything near what BB is on. Whether he deserves it is irrelevant to a degree, but they got promoted we didnt. Just an observation.

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL

You lot are like a CULT you Wage Bill bridgade

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

It’s not moaning though is it. He’s absolutely right. We are crap.

I love Bannan but how much longer do we keep building a team round him. We’ve had zero success in recent seasons. Hes getting older and his value is decreasing each season we keep him on big wages. 

I just simply don’t think we can afford the luxury of him. 

We have literally never built a team around him. 

I get some of the constructive criticism about him, I really do, particularly when he's playing deep.

But he's a cracking player. Top end Championship at the  least, far too good for League 1 without a doubt.

I just enjoy watching him. His movement, passing range, reading of the game, the occasional hissy fit  - I can't think of many players in the last 20 years who have consistently come close. 

Well none. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just had a quick look, and I'm definitely going with Wigan or Rotherham.

We scored 17 goals from corners last season...

1170127113_Screenshot2022-05-31at21_12_57.png.d7e3b2448183a669d038f75123479af1.png

But when you add in the one goal we scored from a free-kick all season (Byers, assisted by Bannan - Charlton H), we were still only joint 8th in terms of goals from set pieces last season:

365252799_Screenshot2022-05-31at21_19_22.thumb.png.b33665357b15d383a94e8e63ad9a933c.png

Unless Wigan, Rotherham and Accrington scored loads from free-kicks, then they must have been ahead of us for goals from corners?

According to the commentators on TV v MKD we had scored most goals from corners ‘by far’ in L1. 

• Like 1

I've always been of the opinion that he was playing too deep and would be better played a bit further forward and that has proved to be the case. He has been a victim of not having the players around him for a while that can help him.

I will put my hand up however and admit that while I thought he should be playing further forward I would have banned him from shooting. I might have got that one wrong  lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I've gone on the defensive against the "everything has to go through him" mob on many occasions, great little player who's total loyalty should be applauded, I'm sure he'll see out his career with us.

I’m also sure he will see out his career with us..absolutely nailed on garymegson💰

• Like 1

Why was John Sheridan so good... Because he had Carlton palmer at the side of him..... Bannan is a class act n loves Wednesday... The problem always been his partner in midfield... Hutch failed at it n we've never found the answer... So maybe we do go in a different direction.... Who knows... There's no guarantee a different direction or cheaper younger alternative gets us up either...... 

• Like 1