Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass

2 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

I believe SWFC are negotiating a new contract for Windass, he is more than happy to stay, interest from abroad is a bit of a curve ball, but helps things along with a new contract.

That would be a big mistake I'm afraid. We cannot build anything around him due to fitness worries and he's not exactly the most stable person based on everything. I think he would have liked to leave already earlier but no one came in with a bid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

That would be a big mistake I'm afraid. We cannot build anything around him due to fitness worries and he's not exactly the most stable person based on everything. I think he would have liked to leave already earlier but no one came in with a bid.

We reportedly turned down several bids for him from Millwall last summer.

I don't know what you're getting at when you say he's 'not exactly the most stable person', but his fitness record has been fine until this season. He played 44 times for us last season, for example.

I suppose it comes down to what the medical experts are saying. If they think he's recovered from his issue and is unlikely to break down again, then I wouldn't hold one bad injury against a player of his quality.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know what you're getting at when you say he's 'not exactly the most stable person', but his fitness record has been fine until this season. He played 44 times for us last season, for example.

I suppose it comes down to what the medical experts are saying. If they think he's recovered from his issue and is unlikely to break down again, then I wouldn't hold one bad injury against a player of his quality.

As per Neil's comment, feels like one tweet away from problems between him and the club. His dad is no saint either, probably that's where he's learnt a lot from, but he was quite a bit better on the pitch which can help you a lot.

His injury is the type which is often recurring, and seems like our players are very prone to it. High risk, rather low reward.

Ah yes, forgot those lowish Millwall bids.

Edited by FinnishOwl

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is even truer of Luongo as he totally transforms our midfield. If he wants to stay and is over his injury it is a no brainer to fund a new deal. There are also no perceived issues with social media or attitude either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the mighty wednesday said:

This is even truer of Luongo as he totally transforms our midfield. If he wants to stay and is over his injury it is a no brainer to fund a new deal. There are also no perceived issues with social media or attitude either.

100%.

I'd love to keep Luongo - he makes a massive difference to our team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

As per Neil's comment, feels like one tweet away from problems between him and the club. His dad is no saint either, probably that's where he's learnt a lot from, but he was quite a bit better on the pitch which can help you a lot.

His injury is the type which is often recurring, and seems like our players are very prone to it. High risk, rather low reward.

Ah yes, forgot those lowish Millwall bids.

I wouldn't view £1m as 'lowish', but I'm certainly no expert on these things - how much do you reckon we could get for him?

Twitter is Twitter - I don't bother with it, but if he likes chatting to fans (and getting loads of abuse, I'd imagine) on there, then fair enough. If it's an issue, I'm sure someone at the club will have a word with him.

His hamstring injury is the real worry for me, though - as you say, they have a nasty habit of reoccurring. Moore will just have to trust the medical staff on that one, I suppose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wouldn't view £1m as 'lowish', but I'm certainly no expert on these things - how much do you reckon we could get for him?

Well, I'd say double that and I would have been happy to offload him.

• Thanks 1

Love it when players give it back to fans and then the fans can’t handle it.

Either on social media, or on a matchday. I’m gonna call you a ******** for 90 mins but don’t you dare not clap me at the end of the game

Cracks me up how precious and entitled people are.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

His hamstring injury is the real worry for me, though - as you say, they have a nasty habit of reoccurring. Moore will just have to trust the medical staff on that one, I suppose.

Trusting our medical staff?

Yeah that's certain to end well!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Thanks 1

Guest Musttryharder
23 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

I believe SWFC are negotiating a new contract for Windass, he is more than happy to stay, interest from abroad is a bit of a curve ball, but helps things along with a new contract.

Plus another couple a grand a week.