SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

On 23/06/2022 at 00:05, Owl66 said:

Would love to tell you fowl as you sound a decent poster who I’ve time for but my source would never trust me again giving names out so sorry mate can’t do, but it’s great fun hopefully for all on here with there guessing ! Great entertainment which will have a happy ending excuse the terminology 😂😂😂

How would your Source, know that you had spread the name on here? is he/shelol a fellow poster, that knows your username??????

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Loan fee or permanent? 

Harrogate have had a loan and permanent bid knocked back, reports are that Sunderland want to try him at league one level now so assume if we're interested it would be a loan.

Payne a strange one. Seems he had a decent goal return and kind of covers a lot of different positions but mainly as a 10 or 8, also played on both wings and a DM according to TransferMarkt. No history of playing for Rotherham unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

Seems Sheffield Star are saying the Wilks transfer may take some time. Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion but if we are going to primarily play 352 I’d prefer us to bring in a proper striker to compliment Gregory & Smith. I think it’s debatable what Paterson’s most natural position is & Windass I think is a 10 although some of his best stuff came for Wednesday in a 343 during the end of 20/21. Maybe a striker who can get in behind a bit more may be a better option to compliment what we have rather than bringing a proven goal scoring winger and just expecting he can replicate that as a striker. 

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Seems Sheffield Star are saying the Wilks transfer may take some time. Maybe a slightly unpopular opinion but if we are going to primarily play 352 I’d prefer us to bring in a proper striker to compliment Gregory & Smith. I think it’s debatable what Paterson’s most natural position is & Windass I think is a 10 although some of his best stuff came for Wednesday in a 343 during the end of 20/21. Maybe a striker who can get in behind a bit more may be a better option to compliment what we have rather than bringing a proven goal scoring winger and just expecting he can replicate that as a striker. 

Alfie May would be good. Maybe Even take a chance on Tyler Walker. Know he was meh last season but he has scored goals before in League 1 and would have re-sale.

• Like 2

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

Hope not. Where we want to be heading I don't think we want Payne as Bannan replacement.

I’m happy to admit I know nowt about him.  I bow to your superior knowledge.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

We need a winger or two IMO...

Adeniran...as...a wide forward???!

I just said he could play there not that I’d want him there. Also, no point in buying wingers per say as we will generally be using 3-5-2. I’d be surprised if we sign any out and out wingers!!

21 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Harrogate have had a loan and permanent bid knocked back, reports are that Sunderland want to try him at league one level now so assume if we're interested it would be a loan.

Can't see there being a 6 figure loan fee for this lad...he's never played higher than L2

23 minutes ago, Owl in Manc said:

The Pizza cup games should be used to give some of the youngsters on the fringe of the first team, some game time

Rather send him on loan than play in that. Its basically just reserve football. He clearly thrived at Grimsby in the rough and tumble of persistent league games. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Disagree I think we will sign 7-9 more players 

our whole bench needs to be starting 11 standard now with the 5 sub rule thas going to be 18 players alone just on the matchday 

I think our squad will be looking more like a 30 man squad 

Seen as there is only 22 players not including goalkeepers in League 1 allowed, I highly doubt that!!! lol