SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

34 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Ellis Simms would also be a great option upfront and the last time he was in League 1 he did very well. 

A good chance he will be back in Edinburgh I think mate. Everton hold the cards but Ellis wants to go back to Hearts and the club have a fair bit of cash to spend on transfers and loan fees this summer.

Hearts made €5m minimum purely from qualifying for Europe, there’s a hefty multi million sell on fee for Aaron Hickey incoming, the annual benefactor money, the cash from the cup run, and the club have sold out the stadium on day 2 of general sale (c16,000) season tickets.

Will be one of the first seasons in a long while I’ll see Hearts spending some proper dosh I think!

1 hour ago, Spuddy01 said:

My friend text me earlier (St. Jonhstone fan) saying they've tried to get Dawson on loan and been knocked back, they're thinking of coming back with an attempt to actually sign him.

Paying a fee? I’d be surprised at that. St Johnstone’s budget is tiny.

Staton poured cold water on Payne. 

TBF, I can’t see where he would play for us, as a ten he would have to compete with Bannan & Windass and as a CM he would have to compete with Byers, Vaulks, Adeniran & FDB.

Logically a move to Charlton seems better for him with the Swindon gaffer moving there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Staton poured cold water on Payne. 

TBF, I can’t see where he would play for us, as a ten he would have to compete with Bannan & Windass and as a CM he would have to compete with Byers, Vaulks, Adeniran & FDB.

Logically a move to Charlton seems better for him with the Swindon gaffer moving there. 

No transfers/rumours ever happen in the order they are revealed anyway. 

Its more than likely we enquired about Payne before or at a similar time to Vaulks. Vaulks signs and we no longer need Payne but from the Swindon side they still see we are one of the teams to show interest. 

Most likely these things have been going on for months and months as well. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I would hope so

Letting him go when we did was surprising enough   :mellow:

Said We might well regret letting him go.

MK Dons can spot talent and develop players, great move for him.

• Like 1