SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

He is , i’d be delighted to get him here 

Sunderland would surely only loan him though 

Sunderland have just moved up a division - Jack Diamond has been with Harrogate on loan for the last two seasons, except for a brief recall for parent club's injuries.  Surely won't be needed now, only Harrogate to cry if he does move to Hillsborough on a full contract.

Too many players? - If we include Alex Hunt, Brennan  Galvin & Brown, we have 22 already.  If we add a wide player, a LB and another CH, that gets us to 25 .  Then some posters are talking about 5/7 loanees!  Don't think many clubs will be sending their aspiring stars to us when there is no guarantee that they are even going to win a place on the bench.  Anderson from Newcastle is mentioned, when will he be selected before BB, WV and GB, never mind our own starlets waiting for a chance?  Meanwhile, the payroll cost keeps rising.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Too many players? - If we include Alex Hunt, Brennan  Galvin & Brown, we have 22 already.  If we add a wide player, a LB and another CH, that gets us to 25 .  Then some posters are talking about 5/7 loanees!  Don't think many clubs will be sending their aspiring stars to us when there is no guarantee that they are even going to win a place on the bench.  Anderson from Newcastle is mentioned, when will he be selected before BB, WV and GB, never mind our own starlets waiting for a chance?  Meanwhile, the payroll cost keeps rising.

You make a very valid point,  I’d rather not have a bloated squad not just for financial reasons either, if we shift a few out that could all change though ,   personally for me I’d leave the loan market alone apart from maybe Anderson if he’s achievable 

Anderson is a winger, as is Jack Diamond , something we lack in the squad completely 

• Like 1

I think you have to factor in the possibility of departures.

Here are the players I think could still leave before the end of August.

Dawson

Paterson

Sow

Brown

I would expect a Loan move for Brennan, if he’s not going to feature and Alex Hunt could easily leave if he doesn’t hit the ground running in pre-season. I still think Grimsby will come back in for him.

Also don’t rule out a late championship club bid for Bannan.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Good points, squad size needs to be manageable. 

I think now it's about adding cover and finishing off the squad. The heavy lifting has been done early on and we already have a strong starting 11 and some options from the bench. 

Last season many, including me, recognised needs must but concerned by the amount of loan players. This year we have our squad under contract and not as reliant on other clubs or that market.

With the best will in the world, Brown, Alex Hunt, Galvin and Sow nowhere near good enough and wonder if they will be moved out to make room for players more likely to challenge for the first team?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think you have to factor in the possibility of departures.

Here are the players I think could still leave before the end of August.

Dawson

Paterson

Sow

Brown

I would expect a Loan move for Brennan, if he’s not going to feature and Alex Hunt could easily leave if he doesn’t hit the ground running in pre-season. I still think Grimsby will come back in for him.

Also don’t rule out a late championship club bid for Bannan.

Can't see us selling Dawson without a replacement.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, striker said:

Good points, squad size needs to be manageable. 

I think now it's about adding cover and finishing off the squad. The heavy lifting has been done early on and we already have a strong starting 11 and some options from the bench. 

Last season many, including me, recognised needs must but concerned by the amount of loan players. This year we have our squad under contract and not as reliant on other clubs or that market.

With the best will in the world, Brown, Alex Hunt, Galvin and Sow nowhere near good enough and wonder if they will be moved out to make room for players more likely to challenge for the first team?

Don’t know how or why you could declare Hunt and Galvin are no where good enough? 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

It would be nice to move Paterson sow brown and send a few of the younger lads such as galvin / hunt on loan 

I think Paterson will flourish this year with the new boys. I reckon we might bully a few sides this year as well. 
Still like to see a young striker signed however someone a bit different. We do have windass though. 

5 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Ben Purrington linked via Alex Miller of the star. LB from Charlton formerly of Rotherham. Available on a free. 

Would be a good signing,  and an interesting decision if he chooses to sign for us over other sides, as Johnson won’t be easy to shift out of the team in his current form.

Reminds me a bit of when Joe Bennett signed and he couldn’t get in the team as we already had Pudil, and he went to Cardiff and was fantastic for them and got them promoted etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Would be a good signing,  and an interesting decision if he chooses to sign for us over other sides, as Johnson won’t be easy to shift out of the team in his current form.

Reminds me a bit of when Joe Bennett signed and he couldn’t get in the team as we already had Pudil, and he went to Cardiff and was fantastic for them and got them promoted etc. 

I agree, Johnson is excellent at LWB but Purrington could give us the versatility to play with a back four when needed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

I agree, Johnson is excellent at LWB but Purrington could give us the versatility to play with a back four when needed. 

True,  from our point of view it would be another great addition if it comes off.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Ben Purrington linked via Alex Miller of the star. LB from Charlton formerly of Rotherham. Available on a free. 

Played at Rovrum at the same time as Vaulks and the new CB. May provide a little more encouragement to him. 

With five subs allowed on the pitch, now is the time to have strength in depth more so considering the number of fixtures that are scheduled in this division and the necessity of competing in the P J Trophy.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Don’t know how or why you could declare Hunt and Galvin are no where good enough? 

TBF Hunt could not command a place every week in a team that got relegated from L2 whilst Galvin was on loan at Gloucester City. There is little to suggest either would contribute to a team targeting automatic promotion in L1 based on that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d keep Pato...gives us a diff dimension in some games, plus his shithousery is great

High wages for someone who doesn’t provide a great deal on the pitch

Really can’t see where he fits this season at the moment 

If we can move him on it would be ideal for all parties

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Brown tho