Thank you Sam Hutchinson

next season we have no defenders on our books . we cant class iorfa as one as he has been injured for 2 years making brief comebacks . liam palmer isnt really a back 3 defender but can do a job there. gibson dean storey dunkley and hutchinson we will do well to get 5 in as good as those . there is clearly going to be a cost cutting exercise with the squad , we could also lose wing backs hunt and n m l along with luongo in midfield . the squad will be massively different and are we going to get the same excuse 14 players need time to bed in again? . im hoping plans are in place to get most of the signings in june as pre season starts mid june 

• Like 1

Just now, morganowl said:

next season we have no defenders on our books . we cant class iorfa as one as he has been injured for 2 years making brief comebacks . liam palmer isnt really a back 3 defender but can do a job there. gibson dean storey dunkley and hutchinson we will do well to get 5 in as good as those . there is clearly going to be a cost cutting exercise with the squad , we could also lose wing backs hunt and n m l along with luongo in midfield . the squad will be massively different and are we going to get the same excuse 14 players need time to bed in again? . im hoping plans are in place to get most of the signings in june as pre season starts mid june 

Disagree about Palmer, I think he did very well in the back 3. More so than at FB because it eliminates his awful attacking abilities

Gibson always injured, Dunkley forever looked prone to mistakes

• Like 3

Hopefully, if we have replacements for the players released they are solid signings. We've been in this situation before when we've had replacements lined up and they sign for somebody else.

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'd have kept him on for another year.

Just think his all round ability and the fact he was so comfortable playing in all three CB positions was a huge bonus.

That’s the thing that surprises me most, he’s arguably the only CB we had that can play how Moore wants as well

But he must have a plan I guess, I imagine we must have 2/3 lined up now 

Very surprising, thought we would have kept him or atleast Dunkley if not…heading into next season currently with 1 CB who has spent the better part of the last 2 seasons injured.

Sammy is right up there with Semedo

& Reda for me, cult hero in recent years. Loved the club, left it all out there and a real role model especially overcoming all he has. You’ll be missed!

OHHHHH SAMMY SAMMY.

• Like 4

Yeah I’m totally baffled by the decision. Unless he’s planning on hanging up his boots or wants a move back down South? I dunno. He played a lot of games this season for someone with a knackered knee and also really cleaned up his act discipline wise. We always said he did better at CB.

But my god. What an inspiring and legendary guy he is. And that really cannot be understated.

I really will miss having him at the club and it was a total PLEASURE to watch his career thrive here. I would absolutely want him back in a coaching capacity if that’s where his career eventually leads.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Last ever game for Wednesday goes off with concussion trying to grab us a goal. 

Quite fitting eh? Forget that mistake in the first leg, that’s not the reason we didn’t get promoted.

Warrior for us for years. Thanks for your service Sam, will always be welcomed back. 

Oh Sammy Sammy

I like Sam but that is nonsense. 

That was a huge mistake.

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

That was a huge mistake.

It was 

But it shouldn’t define his career here. Nor is it the defining reason we didn’t go up. We had enough chances in that second leg to right the wrongs of the first. 

Id say a bigger reason we didn’t go up is not being able to hang on in the final minutes of games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Yeah I’m totally baffled by the decision. Unless he’s planning on hanging up his boots or wants a move back down South? I dunno. He played a lot of games this season for someone with a knackered knee and also really cleaned up his act discipline wise. We always said he did better at CB.

But my god. What an inspiring and legendary guy he is. And that really cannot be understated.

I really will miss having him at the club and it was a total PLEASURE to watch his career thrive here. I would absolutely want him back in a coaching capacity if that’s where his career eventually leads.

It would be interesting to hear what Moore says on it. As Sam was perfect for how Moore wants his defenders to play, maybe it was money? Who knows. 

To be fair to Moore he does have a good eye for a defender (Storey, Gibson, Dean) so I'm semi confident we'll get a decent replacement.

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

That was a huge mistake.

So was BPF gifting a goal to Ipswich to drop two points.

Could point to numerous individual players who cost us points this season.

Can’t pin failure to get promoted on one mistake in one game. Play offs are a lottery. NML and Palmer not doing their jobs for the Sunderland equaliser in the second leg just as costly for me.

• Like 3