Thank you Sam Hutchinson

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh god

OH NO

Here they come...

Think he set his sights on coaching years ago when injury forced him to retire.

Could see him finding his way into management sometime in the future.
Would  also be very entertaining  as a TV pundit. Move over Roy Keane, Sammy’s coming for yer

A modern legend at the club. 

Played his part in recent successes. Criminally ostracised by Monk and Jos. 

Got to wonder why the gaffer doesn’t want to extend, he is a versatile player. 

Hope he finds another club or a coaching role. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

A fantastic player for us who gave his all with every game. I'm just happy we had him back for a final season. All the best, Sammy. 

I wonder if this is retirement? Especially after the concussion. 

As every commentator said in every televised game. 

"Hutchinson has retired once at 23. He got over his physical and mental problems to be a regular for Sheffield Wednesday with a short break/holiday in Cyprus. His body was broken but Sheffield Wednesday physios stuck him back together and got a good few years out of him " 

Or summat like that. 

Thanks Sam. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

As every commentator said in every televised game. 

"Hutchinson has retired once at 23. He got over his physical and mental problems to be a regular for Sheffield Wednesday with a short break/holiday in Cyprus. His body was broken but Sheffield Wednesday physios stuck him back together and got a good few years out of him " 

Or summat like that. 

Thanks Sam. 

In summary. 

Absolute warrior. 

If he'd have been a boxer he'd have been successful on sheer will alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pieman said:

Hopefully a coaching role, maybe starting with the U23s and Thommo, as he works his way up.

If I'm Hutch I'd still wanna play while I can. In a few years definately would be great if we got him in as a youth coach.

Gutted he's gone. Proper diehard attitude always gave everything and more in games.

Still can't really see the reasoning in not giving him another year. Got some boots to fill now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Very surprising, thought we would have kept him or atleast Dunkley if not…heading into next season currently with 1 CB who has spent the better part of the last 2 seasons injured.

Sammy is right up there with Semedo

& Reda for me, cult hero in recent years. Loved the club, left it all out there and a real role model especially overcoming all he has. You’ll be missed!

OHHHHH SAMMY SAMMY.

Good comparisons. All very much fans favourites due to their diehard attitude.

Still baffled by this decision, let’s hope Moore has at least 3 better centre backs than Hutchinson to bring in. Without doubt one of our best signings of the last few years and proved a lot of people wrong after his return when we used to hear the sh ite below in the Hutch Bingo on a regular basis. Another 12 months seemed a bit of a no brainier but we’ll have to see who comes in.

BEAD65C6-0142-4E32-8BFB-C4E214F4BBC2.jpeg.08b8b12ca2a913cf1c9151da37e656f0.jpeg

3A3489FB-F781-4EA1-959F-232D8E2C3A34.jpeg.95f8cc525f48907d08a827444c811322.jpeg

BE98F8C0-9A61-4E1C-9A55-1677F330799D.thumb.jpeg.bba6c59cec14746c83837dbf87cc720c.jpeg

6E5DE5B9-9FFD-46A3-A4D6-D64E0CBD9BC2.gif.575db52e3dfae7cbf5918a7ec69ffb87.gif

E8947438-BEC3-4374-9FAA-ED3188121EF9.jpeg.85275970c3868308062624e3ec80d9e7.jpeg

CA2B4C84-85BE-4CC0-B70E-950073AC3078.jpeg.517faa16ab19f51a7c9a159e7cd0c01b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I thought he might be offered another year. I guess DM and the team are looking to bring in younger players who we can get years of service from. We will see how well that goes. 

Best of luck Sam!

Nah they will bring Gibson in instead a player who breaks after playing 2 games.

like i said in another tread this is the first big mistake of the summer lets hope there are no more and we see in the next week or so some new centre halfs in.

Because if we start the season with hunt or palmer in a back 3 we will be showing there was no recruitment plan for better players.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nah they will bring Gibson in instead a player who breaks after playing 2 games.

like i said in another tread this is the first big mistake of the summer lets hope there are no more and we see in the next week or so some new centre halfs in.

Because if we start the season with hunt or palmer in a back 3 we will be showing there was no recruitment plan for better players.

Its not a mistake until we see who the replacement is and how they play.

• Haha 1

On 21/05/2022 at 10:36, Lionel Fessi said:

Very surprising, thought we would have kept him or atleast Dunkley if not…heading into next season currently with 1 CB who has spent the better part of the last 2 seasons injured.

Sammy is right up there with Semedo

& Reda for me, cult hero in recent years. Loved the club, left it all out there and a real role model especially overcoming all he has. You’ll be missed!

OHHHHH SAMMY SAMMY.

Hutch should be held in similar regards to Semedo and Reda.

I do feel the time was right to let him go, they wouldn't let him go without recruitment team having real potential to bring to the squad. 

On 21/05/2022 at 19:37, crookesowl said:

Played his part in recent successes.

I come in peace.  But wonder what successes he played his part in?

Failing to get promotion in those 3 seasons we were pushing for it, or playing in our relegation team?

• Like 1