Thank you Sam Hutchinson

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think this is DM first mistake of the summer, Hutchinson leadership and never say die attitude is as important to us as Bannans creativity.

we are losing a leader on the pitch and with only Iorfa who has been injured for 2 season, that defence is looking shaky, add to the mix the goal keepers between the sticks could be Dawson and Wildsmith we are going to have to score a lot of goal next season to win games.

thank you for the passion sam, the pride and the giving 100%+ every game, for me this is a very big mistake by the manager and the club.

Are you aware that we can sign players as well?

Really sorry that Sam is leaving.

😢

Will have to reserve judgement until next season, as to whether or not this was a wise decision.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank him for everything he has done for our beloved club. 

Good luck  Sam.........

39 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are you aware that we can sign players as well?

Indeed i will wait and see who we replace him with but for what he cost us and gave us they will be some big boots to fill.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's why I said the purse may open. 

I suspect free agents and loans, with more structure this close season and less off the field upheaval hopefully we dont need to reinvent the wheel.

But we need the players match fit, which means a full preseason so players in early, not the last day of the transfer window.

I would love to avoid the loans as much as possible, 2 or 3 max not 6 or 7 as we had.

The key positions for me is a keeper, 2 or 3 centre half will be a priority but also some wing backs, Luke Garbutt would be a good shout for the left flank if at the right price.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I suspect free agents and loans, with more structure this close season and less off the field upheaval hopefully we dont need to reinvent the wheel.

But we need the players match fit, which means a full preseason so players in early, not the last day of the transfer window.

I would love to avoid the loans as much as possible, 2 or 3 max not 6 or 7 as we had.

The key positions for me is a keeper, 2 or 3 centre half will be a priority but also some wing backs, Luke Garbutt would be a good shout for the left flank if at the right price.

If that's the level you are looking at then we will be kicking round League One for years to come.  We need quality, quality costs.

2 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Been great for us, was the right time to leave

You could have said the same about Luongo and a few others in the squad but we will struggle to find a better centre back for free on the same money.

Would have played 30 games next season. Iorfa, Gibson, Dean didn't manage as may starts as Hutch between them. On 5 players last season started more league games than Hutch.

look if we replace him with a good young talent then so be it, but if it means Palmer or Hunt playing centre back then its a backward step.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I think you’re being harsh with phase four.

I don’t think it was realistic for Hutchinson to continue his ‘phase two’ self. Yes we loved seeing him fly into tackles and run himself into the ground but that ultimately lead to him missing huge chunks of the season through suspensions and injuries. 

To prolong his career, we saw a calmer and more measured Hutchinson in a more neutral position for him. I think any player is gonna lose a yard or two as they get older, especially someone who’s had to retire previously through injury. But I thought, apart from one or two moments, he had a good season. Not the best season we’ve had from him, but not a shadow of himself either.

I thought he was poor in the half season he was back in 20/21. He added very little to our team.

this season he has been solid, he has looked an ok league 1 player. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

If that's the level you are looking at then we will be kicking round League One for years to come.  We need quality, quality costs.

a team to get us out this league, good young players from this league with a solid back bone.

new keeper, new centre backs, Bannan/luongo/byers, pace on the wingbacks, Gregory/target man then options on the bench.

win the league by Feb/Mar.😁😁😁

5 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

That’s the thing that surprises me most, he’s arguably the only CB we had that can play how Moore wants as well

But he must have a plan I guess, I imagine we must have 2/3 lined up now 

Could be size of his salary although SH was quoted saying that he just wanted to play not big money. Cannot see why he would be picked for the exit otherwise,  given his status in the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

a team to get us out this league, good young players from this league with a solid back bone.

new keeper, new centre backs, Bannan/luongo/byers, pace on the wingbacks, Gregory/target man then options on the bench.

win the league by Feb/Mar.😁😁😁

I'd be surprised if Gregory will still be here, for a start.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

I'd have kept him, but I'm not going to lose my sh*t. 

We've got an entire summer of transfer business to get through. I doubt Moore released him without a couple of replacements lined up. 

Yep should have kept him even as cover, no transfer fee needed, can play all across the back, and good experience to have around the squad.

Very strange decision but Moore knows best 🤐

Edited by OwlerIT2
  • Like 1