Thank you Sam Hutchinson

43 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

A mistake leading to a goal in a tie where we lost by one goal is a pretty concrete reason we lost the tie. 

Also yes that comedy Sunday league goal we conceded at home too. 

To say it's not a reason we lost is bizarre, let's get real. 

Palmer switching off for their equaliser makes him equally culpable. 

over the Season Hutch was our most consistent defender by miles. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I think we will need three news CBs? 

We also need more competition for the wingback spots and that's even if Hunt and NML decide to stay.

Trying to think of the last transfer window where we didn't need to bring in a defender of some sort. 

With regards to Hunt, I'm hoping the young lad from FGR is almost wrapped up and Hunt and NML will be utilised as cover for either him or Johnson. 

Wouldn't mind us taking a look at that Clarke that Sunderland had. Not sure if he was on loan from somewhere or he is their player though. He looked well suited to a wingback role

I’d like to wish Sam the very best for the future.  He’s been a tremendous player for us.  Sad to see him leave.

He will always be welcome back at S6.  Would be nice if he could stick around in some form of capacity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Trying to think of the last transfer window where we didn't need to bring in a defender of some sort. 

With regards to Hunt, I'm hoping the young lad from FGR is almost wrapped up and Hunt and NML will be utilised as cover for either him or Johnson. 

Wouldn't mind us taking a look at that Clarke that Sunderland had. Not sure if he was on loan from somewhere or he is their player though. He looked well suited to a wingback role

Apparently he saved his best for us and hadn't been overly impressive for the most part before that.

Disappointed that Hutch is going. A true leader and always gave 100%.

TBF there are always difficult decisions to be made at every club when the retained list is issued and we really do need to cut costs. I wonder if he was offered a contract on lower wages but decided not to accept them. This is possible bearing in mind what DC said this week about there being a line, re wages, which he would not go beyond.

I think this is DM first mistake of the summer, Hutchinson leadership and never say die attitude is as important to us as Bannans creativity.

we are losing a leader on the pitch and with only Iorfa who has been injured for 2 season, that defence is looking shaky, add to the mix the goal keepers between the sticks could be Dawson and Wildsmith we are going to have to score a lot of goal next season to win games.

thank you for the passion sam, the pride and the giving 100%+ every game, for me this is a very big mistake by the manager and the club.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He’s been fantastic for us, but it’s not a bad time for him to leave.

I think a CB is having a great game when you don’t notice them.  Tom Lees at his best never had to lunge or chase - he simply mopped every thing up,  you didn’t notice him when he was on his A-game.  I thought Sam had to work very, very hard to hold his end up in the last five or six games., we noticed him because he was regularly on the edge of being beaten.

He’s been a brilliant player for us, but he’s leaving at the right time for me.

Edited by fife_owl
  • Like 2

I will always love Hutch. Brilliant player for us over the years. Absolutely loves the club - that's so clear every time he plays or talks. Expected him to be offered another year tbh. 

We've got a lot of recruitment to do... Aren't our only CBs contracted Iorfa and Brennan (plus Palmer)?

55 minutes ago, trotter said:

Palmer switching off for their equaliser makes him equally culpable. 

over the Season Hutch was our most consistent defender by miles. 

The fact your points are correct doesn't mean mine isn't

A bit gutted about this really, one of my favourite players of recent years. Gave absolutely everything for the club and you could tell that being here meant something to him… loved seeing him score and celebrate like he’d just bagged the winner in the World Cup final. Thanks for the memories Hutch and all the best for the future 

I've always enjoyed watching his performances.

He has a reputation of being injured or sent off but both those things are massively overstated.

For the most part he's been a class act and this season he was outstanding in defence. He's always put 100% in but the quality of his play has nearly always been excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think this is DM first mistake of the summer, Hutchinson leadership and never say die attitude is as important to us as Bannans creativity.

we are losing a leader on the pitch and with only Iorfa who has been injured for 2 season, that defence is looking shaky, add to the mix the goal keepers between the sticks could be Dawson and Wildsmith we are going to have to score a lot of goal next season to win games.

thank you for the passion sam, the pride and the giving 100%+ every game, for me this is a very big mistake by the manager and the club.

Keep a log of all the mistakes and keep us all updated.

How do we know its a mistake until we get a replacement and see how they get in.

• Haha 1

Just now, Quickly Kevin said:

Keep a log of all the mistakes and keep us all updated.

How do we know its a mistake until we get a replacement and see how they get in.

Exactly. 

I'd have kept him, but I'm not going to lose my sh*t. 

We've got an entire summer of transfer business to get through. I doubt Moore released him without a couple of replacements lined up.