Sunderland

Hope they beat Wycombe, one less club to worry about next season. With their support and size they'll be hot contenders along with Derby who'll probably be just behind them support wise. Ipswich are fast improving and there will be some surprises. Barnsley won't be pushovers depending what happens pre season, neither will Charlton and Pompey. Still it's all hypothetical just hope DM throws precaution to the wind and we batter everybody. At the moment I feel another play off looming.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Hope they beat Wycombe, one less club to worry about next season. With their support and size they'll be hot contenders along with Derby who'll probably be just behind them support wise. Ipswich are fast improving and there will be some surprises. Barnsley won't be pushovers depending what happens pre season, neither will Charlton and Pompey. Still it's all hypothetical just hope DM throws precaution to the wind and we batter everybody. At the moment I feel another play off looming.

Derby potentially will be starting the season on minus points. They still haven’t come out of administration and it’s looking more likely that the preferred bidder is having issues buying the club. Who knows what their squad will look like come kick off time

Barnsley and Charlton are both car crashes in the boardroom at the moment and neither of them have a manager. Be suprised if either of them are at the top end of the table 

Ipswich and Pompey are always near the top of the bookies list but always seem to flatter to deceive. Will next season be any different?

The one I think we will have to worry about is Peterborough. At 16/1 they seem to be a very good early price

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

I hope Sunderland win too! however I think Wycombe will be promoted now i've had abit more time to think about it. 

Interesting, what's made you think that mate?

Feels like Sunderland's year to me, got that feeling as the season ended. Hoping for Wycombe though.

It reminds me of that season when Villa went up in the playoffs after struggling the previous few years. I just get the sense something has clicked into place up there.

Edited by Whitechapel Owl

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Interesting, what's made you think that mate?

I dunno. Just think it's all set up for David to beat Goliath. After our game the other night I really fancied Sunderland and now I really don't.

1-0 Wycombe is my prediction. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Derby potentially will be starting the season on minus points. They still haven’t come out of administration and it’s looking more likely that the preferred bidder is having issues buying the club. Who knows what their squad will look like come kick off time

Barnsley and Charlton are both car crashes in the boardroom at the moment and neither of them have a manager. Be suprised if either of them are at the top end of the table 

Ipswich and Pompey are always near the top of the bookies list but always seem to flatter to deceive. Will next season be any different?

The one I think we will have to worry about is Peterborough. At 16/1 they seem to be a very good early price

Hopefully derby fall straight through to league two. The numpties were singing they are going straight back up at blackpool. Hmmmm

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

I dunno. Just think it's all set up for David to beat Goliath. After our game the other night I really fancied Sunderland and now I really don't.

I think it's a really intriguing match up, i can see wycombe doing the business too, but like yourself, not overly sure why. Sunderland may fold under the pressure whereas wycombe will love the underdog tag i reckon.

4 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Can see any goals in the final.  Both sides will be too busy throwing themselves to the floor, assaulting the opposition and generally conning the ref.  It will not be an advert for football, that’s for sure.

• Like 4

Don’t care who wins, irrelevant really 

Focus on been the best team in the division next season, regardless of who else is in it ,  it’s absolutely achievable 

Barnsley need a rebuild, Ipswich will be up there , Pompey I dunno they always flatter to deceive and I’m not one who rates there manager in fairness , can see them struggling and binning Cowley off 

Just now, Sham67 said:

Can see any goals in the final.  Both sides will be too busy throwing themselves to the floor, assaulting the opposition and generally conning the ref.  It will not be an advert for football, that’s for sure.

Can’t.

*note to self. Start proof reading before posting you thick twohat.

• Haha 2

Said before the play offs that if we didn't get through then I hope Sunderland go on to win the final. Still do, I hated their shithousery the other night but I went to Wycombe the other week and they were far, far worse for it, and they were the home team as well. I also think Sunderland would be more of a threat to us next year then Wycombe when they start the season with Neil in charge. I've seen people on social media saying they want Wycombe to win because of Sunderland's cheating - they clearly didn't go to Wycombe.

No guarantees, but I'd expect us to be up there with MK, Wycombe/Sunderland, Plymouth, Peterborough and maybe Ipswich as the main challengers. I think Derby will need a season of consolidation even if they don't start on minus points, they only have about 5 contracted players I think, unless they fail to learn their lesson and start spending silly money again.

Hope Sunderland go up too.  Got work colleagues based at our Durham factory that are Mackems and all good fellas. 

They will pose a bigger threat next year in my opinion especially with Alex Neil in charge.

They seem to have lots of momentum and think will be able to compete with the Wycombe style as well as the knack of late goals.