Sunderland

WeWycombe have an excuse for cheating though. They are a tiny club with poor players, their only chance is cheating. Sunderland are a big club with some very good players. A bit like Leeds in the sixties, they don't need to use those tactics. They do it because they get away with it. I can never wish Alex Neil well.

Wednesday and Sunderland will only get in each other’s way. Both will generally take up 2 of the top 6/7 spaces you’d expect and there will always be Peterborough, Barnsley, Derby, Ipswich, Bolton, Portsmouth, Oxford and MK looking to do the same. The same gulf in finances will exist so the points tally at the top will be big again. 

Despite that, had we had a better autumn we’d have gone up from a tough league so there’s no reason why we can’t do it. 

10 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

WeWycombe have an excuse for cheating though. They are a tiny club with poor players, their only chance is cheating. Sunderland are a big club with some very good players. A bit like Leeds in the sixties, they don't need to use those tactics. They do it because they get away with it. I can never wish Alex Neil well.

Its win win now we are not there. They either go up and we don’t have to wrestle them again. Or they don’t and we get to see Alex Neil get out housed and watch him hate it.

3 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Hope Sunderland go up too.  Got work colleagues based at our Durham factory that are Mackems and all good fellas. 

They will pose a bigger threat next year in my opinion especially with Alex Neil in charge.

They seem to have lots of momentum and think will be able to compete with the Wycombe style as well as the knack of late goals.

I think we will be in a strong position to compete. Have to see what the summer transfer business is but we did pretty well last year so fingers crossed.

Not worried about Derby until they get themselves sorted off the pitch. 

Would think the likes of the Dons might lose a few players. 

Ipswich might be the team to watch next season.

Peterborough could be strong too. Barnsley seem to be a right mess at present.

If they both play true to form there’ll be about 12 minutes of play & 78 minutes of time wasting.

Who scores first wins and then rolling about, head injuries, 5 minute throw ins, 8 minute goal kicks. 

Be quite funny actually to see Sunderland out cheated.

17 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Derby potentially will be starting the season on minus points. They still haven’t come out of administration and it’s looking more likely that the preferred bidder is having issues buying the club. Who knows what their squad will look like come kick off time

Barnsley and Charlton are both car crashes in the boardroom at the moment and neither of them have a manager. Be suprised if either of them are at the top end of the table 

Ipswich and Pompey are always near the top of the bookies list but always seem to flatter to deceive. Will next season be any different?

The one I think we will have to worry about is Peterborough. At 16/1 they seem to be a very good early price

Good call about Peterborough, and as some one else said it's the little teams that can be worrying.