Moore says ...

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which of those three points do you disagree with 

2nd and 3rd.

Not a good season. We lost.

Re-group. With who? Most are freebies and loans.

At least you didn't say your favourite phrase. Well Done ?????????.

Thank goodness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunderland came with a game plan, ref bought it, we bought it. Terrible first half, better second but once again as so many times this season we switched off.

Big summer coming up. I am also yet to be convinced by Moore. Disappointment all round

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DazUK said:

You do realise how much crap we were in at the beginning of the season don't you? 

I'm absolutely gutted about tonight but can see as plain as day the progress we've made on and off the pitch since then.

Take the disappointment on the chin and get behind the team next season like you know you'll do.

Yes and seen as we will have a 50% percent different squad we will have the same difficulties in the first half of the season again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Alex Neil 1million percent did not outclass us tonight. 

christ! 

Your right he didn’t, but most important, he got his team past us and on to Wembley…….

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'It was a better game then first 1' 

' we have to re group and go again '

' we've had a good season' 

Omfg ....get this brainless idiot out of this club please ! 

I think we know who the brainless idiot here is..

To recap, in the summer we thought we would go straight through league 1 . A huge amount of people on here had resigned themselves to that.

Moore has put together a squad of free's , loans and misfits and nearly got his promoted at the first attempt. 

We've constantly improved,  Hillsborough has had a fortress vibe about it, 2nd half of the season goals have been flying in.

From a desperate situation we managed to recruit an international keeper, a series of solid defenders, keep the divisions best player, and a get a hardworking 17 goal striker. 

Moore deserves next season. Megson did worse and fans on here still love him. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, MBMitchell said:

Yes and seen as we will have a 50% percent different squad we will have the same difficulties in the first half of the season again 

Change the manager and you have a much bigger problem though 

Change of coaching staff too 

And all the players having to get to know the new manager and months of the manager spending time finding out about the existing players and what they can each do 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s have a look at ten managers who our fans were screaming and crying for and have a look at where those managers are now though 

Most of the names touted by our fans are excruciatingly embarrassing now 

It’s not the fans job to hire the manager.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As opposed to this example of classy and inspirational erudition?

Some people genuinely believe that being reactionary and angry is somehow proportionate to how good a supporter they are.

I'm confused by what you say, maybe that is due to the anger I'm feeling

I don't see this season as a success

I've stated I was a Moore out fan, and if we played 100% in the play offs and go out I'll accept it, bit that was abysmal

• Thanks 1

Best home record in all four divisions.

85 points.

Fourth place.

How has this not been a good season? We can kick ourselves for our relatively slow start, but the hangover from last season was never going to go away immediately. 

Emotions are high, but the play offs are just completely cruel. Fine margins and all our hard work is undone by a last minute equaliser. 

• Like 7

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And all the players having to get to know the new manager and months of the manager spending time finding out about the existing players and what they can each do 

Not necessarily. The Sunderland bloke has done OK. As did Dave Jones and Paul Sturrock. Not that I'd get rid of Moore - but there's no guarantees either way

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He 100% did. 

Pushed the wingers high.

Make our wing backs sit deep. 

Forced us long as we didn’t play through them. 

Nullified everything we do well and forced us to play a type of football we don’t usually play. 

In. O way shape of form did he outclass us. Tonight we were the better team ( marginally) over 2 legs they deserved it though.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Didn’t Sunderland switch manager during the season from Johnson to Neil?

I’m not sure it took him months spending time out about the existing players and what they can each do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1