Moore says ...

5 minutes ago, markg said:

I honestly think he has motivated them a lot, and they are playing for him. 

Not too long ago we were at a point where the players clearly hated being here, game over if they went one nil down and were petrified of playing at home.

Yeah I get your point as we finished well higher than I thought with ten games to go

Equally with the squad we have well lower than I thought we should have been.

We got rid of the wasters last season who helped with chansiri to get us relegated

We have a squad at the end of the season were virtually all of the players are of a higher standard than this league

I expected tonight for us to brighton them (the way they hit us the second leg) but we didn't close down or press their defence. 

To me it was like a friendly game, or where we had won first leg. There was no urgency or commitment

I lost my poo on earlier threads with fans being all we did well etc, so I do appreciate talking about it properly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

What is it now ……… 15 managers in 18 seasons ?

At some stage we have to give someone the chance to put his stamp on a squad instead of starting from scratch all the time …….. As frustrating as that seems right now!

Yeah I agree 100% mate

I just don't personally have the confidence in Moore doing this with what I have seen from.my own eyes

I'd love nothing more than to eat my own words and apologise next season

The question is always asked who to do it, I don't have a clue, but I'm sure there are better tactician's out there, but do acknowledge how players came to us like bpf because of Moore so I don't know????

3 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Yeah I get your point as we finished well higher than I thought with ten games to go

Equally with the squad we have well lower than I thought we should have been.

We got rid of the wasters last season who helped with chansiri to get us relegated

We have a squad at the end of the season were virtually all of the players are of a higher standard than this league

I expected tonight for us to brighton them (the way they hit us the second leg) but we didn't close down or press their defence. 

To me it was like a friendly game, or where we had won first leg. There was no urgency or commitment

I lost my poo on earlier threads with fans being all we did well etc, so I do appreciate talking about it properly

Don't worry about it mate. We'll all be calmer in the coming days i'm sure.

• Thanks 1

Moore has won the games expected of him, he’s beat Crewe at home and Cambridge at home and the other dross in the league, but it’s the big games that matter and simply over 180 minutes he’s shown his limitations as a manager. Needed to make subs so much earlier, the middle 3 were getting hammered they needed fresh legs in there. We need some physicality up top because Wright and batth were winning everything.

• Like 3

Not a big Moore fan, but we've been chopping and changing managers for the last 20 years and it's got us nowhere.

Let's see if he can keep the right players, move a few out and recruit well before pre-season, for a real promotion campaign from the first match.

• Thanks 1

Guest Derby owl
55 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'It was a better game then first 1' 

' we have to re group and go again '

' we've had a good season' 

Omfg ....get this brainless idiot out of this club please ! 

It should be there we go again! Another late goal.

7 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Who? Can anyone come in with a poor owner and a team of misfits?

As I have said in a later post, I really don't know and I acknowledge his abilities to bring in high quality players

I just don't see his skills in the game 

We are gonna be a new team next season as half will be new, imo that's the ideal time to change manager

Either way I'll shout us on and just hope that dm has a master class and can sort us

I don't mind losing if we are outclassed, but playing like wet farts, does anger me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He invested this year. This squad is good enough to have gone up.

It's Chansiri's fault we're in League One in the first place. He's been a disaster for this football club, but he gave Moore the tools to do the job this season and he's come up short 

What probably cost us this season is the injuries to all the centre backs before we couid get Storey and Dean in. If there's a genuine reason why we get so make injuries, then that's where we need to be investing.

Aye I’m in agreement with you ala Moore as did believe we had the tools with the right system as you will tell from most of my posts.

Chansiri needed to bring in a proven 20+ goal scorer but we ended up with cheaper freebie gambles of Berahino Kamberi etc which we were led to believe was all down to embargo’s which may or may not be true. 

Losing Windass for most of season was the biggest loss but could have been sorted in Jan for this final onslaught.

Yep early season tinkering from a settled team also killed us, Draw Draw Draw etc.

Even with the poor first half season I place Jan transfer window as big reason we failed - we needed to bring in some real quality to kick on but failed. Chansiri or Moore who knows. 

id be happy and hopeful  for a club to poach Moore now so long as we recruit someone with will to win and not to someone trying not to lose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Are they up yet? 

Apparently it's the way to go though.

Sack a manager ever few months for the next 4 years and we might, just might have a 50/50 chance of promotion.

I honestly think the guy is lacking tactical nous. I don't think he has what it takes to be the man in charge. 

He can motivate the players to an extent and our home record this year has been fabulous but tbh, I could probably have done that with our squad and our support. Away, we've been far too soft and one dimensional and have not been able to change it up. 

I think we finished in the play offs because of our squad and overall setup, not because of Darren's management. The gaffer is by far the most important part of the team in this league and there are better out there who we should now be looking to employ. 

Sorry, but he gave it a go and came up short. 

• Like 1

I think Moore has done well with a club that was a shambles, players that were on loan or nobody wanted and the nucleus of a team that got relegated last year.

Over the two games we were beaten by a better team. They knew how to play League One football. They knew how to win a game with the dark arts and when it mattered the most they scored two goals with very poor defending.

We set up negatively (in my opinion) showing too much respect...we should have pushed Johnson and Hunt further forward and taken the game to them more than we did.

We also have no clue how to play out from the back when they press high (which we never did)...we simply don't know how to do this. It isn't difficult to do when you know how...we don't know how.

But it was a great game with a great atmosphere and our caution cost s the result...

The referee was really abysmal and had no control over the game...he just allowed them to waste so much time and have the ball in play for no more than 50 minutes tonight...this has to be stopped, it's ruining our game.

I want Moore in charge next season. He deserves another season.

BUT he very clearly failed at his job tactically in the play offs.He was out thought by Neill. We are all gonna have to live with that but no-one is gonna forget.

Darren needs to recruit well and start well next season and be around top two or three. There really are no more excuses.

I’m a big Darren Moore fan. He’s done a great job this season imo. Finishing fourth in the league with some cracking stats. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this summer.

With the love in on here for Alex Neil, I would love it (keegan style) if Sunderland didn’t go up!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I was wanting Alex Neil earlier in the season, when I spoke to him he told me he wouldn’t come here and I’m sure you can guess why that was. 

And yet you didn’t think to mention it at the time?

Would have been far & away the most interesting thing you’ve ever posted!