Moore says ...

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not the fans job to hire the manager.

Agreed

Never said it was 

My point is that if you look back at the names demanded and wanted the last couple of years,  every single one of them have gone on to be massive masive flops and failures 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, sexpistol said:

In. O way shape of form did he outclass us. Tonight we were the better team ( marginally) over 2 legs they deserved it though.

He forced Wednesday into playing a way we wouldn’t normally. Stopped our wing backs, stopped our midfield.

Not bothered what word we use to describe it, but he’s done a job on us and we had no ability to change it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Change the manager and you have a much bigger problem though 

Change of coaching staff too 

And all the players having to get to know the new manager and months of the manager spending time finding out about the existing players and what they can each do 

Yeah I get that but as half of the squad we have won't be here, then that above will be the same

We've spoken about this and I'm pretty certain you know how much I love Wednesday and we want the same, I just don't see how dm is going to get us back to the level we were when he joined

That's 2 years nearly in charge and we are a league below what we started in when he was appointed

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 0114 said:

He forced Wednesday into playing a way we wouldn’t normally. Stopped our wing backs, stopped our midfield.

Not bothered what word we use to describe it, but he’s done a job on us and we had no ability to change it. 

But we took the lead. Everybody is banging on about us only having one good chance( fair enough) but it was the same for Sunderland. They never looked like scoring, mind you 2 minutes before we scored I said the same about us.

2 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Yeah I get that but as half of the squad we have won't be here, then that above will be the same

We've spoken about this and I'm pretty certain you know how much I love Wednesday and we want the same, I just don't see how dm is going to get us back to the level we were when he joined

That's 2 years nearly in charge and we are a league below what we started in when he was appointed

That was the chairman’s fault though 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He 100% did. 

Pushed the wingers high.

Make our wing backs sit deep. 

Forced us long as we didn’t play through them. 

Nullified everything we do well and forced us to play a type of football we don’t usually play. 

I agree, but not sure what we could have done differently. 

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

But we took the lead. Everybody is banging on about us only having one good chance( fair enough) but it was the same for Sunderland. They never looked like scoring, mind you 2 minutes before we scored I said the same about us.

Because we are side who usually create a lot of chances. Sunderland stopped Bannan & stopped our full backs over 180 minutes. We didn’t adapt.

We didn’t disrupt Sunderland. They stopped everything Sheffield Wedneaday have been good at this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been speaking to the inlaws, they all watched the game in Alex Neil’s house with his wife and kids tonight. I tried to put on a brave face but ended up putting the phone down on them. Tw@ts. Got to admit from a personal point of view I would love them to lose in the final but fizz me I can’t stand Wycombe either. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

We cannot afford for another manager to come in, rip it all up and start again.

And on the basis that we finished 4th and had a decent season, I'd let him carry on

• Like 3

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Just been speaking to the inlaws, they all watched the game in Alex Neil’s house with his wife and kids tonight. I tried to put on a brave face but ended up putting the phone down on them. Tw@ts. Got to admit from a personal point of view I would love them to lose in the final but fizz me I can’t stand Wycombe either. 

I loathe both managers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve1212 said:

Agreed, first half of the season cost us.. I think he will learn, give him another go…. It’s poo tonight but I think, keep the squad together and we will do it next year.. 

Inclined to agree with that unless we can find a proven and successful manager to join us.

My doubts are that when it really matters he can't help himself by being cautious like these 2 games. And can he find the plan b.

Some difficult decisions as don't want another wasted season  in league one.

Maybe DC needs to chat with some of the senior players to get their input.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Need Chansiri to step up and invest but guessing it will be same old same old. 

He invested this year. This squad is good enough to have gone up.

It's Chansiri's fault we're in League One in the first place. He's been a disaster for this football club, but he gave Moore the tools to do the job this season and he's come up short 

What probably cost us this season is the injuries to all the centre backs before we couid get Storey and Dean in. If there's a genuine reason why we get so make injuries, then that's where we need to be investing.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That was the chairman’s fault though 

Yeah we went down cos of the deduction, I say that but at least against derby we played on the front foot. Tonight we didn't....

I hate chansiri as much as anyone, I'm 45 years old, I don't think everything blue and white is awesome and can see the faults

We can say pneumonia etc was an issue, I had pneumonia that same year and was in the hospital for a week or so, but was back at work in a fortnight, so that doesn't wash with me

He has taken us backwards, do I think he can reverse this, no I personally think he can't

As much as you say it was chansiris fault and I agree, and as much as it pains me to say, despite no transfer fees he got boftanf lots of championship player with chansiris chequebook

Luongo will be gone and I dare say a lot of other good players we won't see again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, markg said:

I agree, but not sure what we could have done differently. 

We needed to get more players out wide.

Change the system. Their wingers were so high it forced Johnson and Hunt deep. 

This allowed their full time on the ball because Gregory & Windass had to come out wide to press.

We needed to go 2 v 2 on their wings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, MBMitchell said:

We can say pneumonia etc was an issue, I had pneumonia that same year and was in the hospital for a week or so, but was back at work in a fortnight, so that doesn't wash with me

It was Covid, Pneumonia and Plueresy

He was sureounded by cardiac nurses at one point and fighting for his life 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

Get rid tonight. Erm far too defensive, erm no plan B, erm didn't know his best team until January, erm keeps playing Paterson, erm out of his depth. Not the worse manager we've had, but just not good enough. 

Stop being a pr1ck!

Edited by casbahowl

28 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Keep clapping

I'd rather be a fan who sees where we fail than so blind that everyone Wednesday is awesome

It annoys me the can't say anything bad about the club and who is better than Moore, err Alex Neil, I'm sure he outclassed us tonight 

Steady on, you might be classed as attention seeker.