Moore says ...

3 minutes ago, markg said:

We cannot afford for another manager to come in, rip it all up and start again.

And on the basis that we finished 4th and had a decent season, I'd let him carry on

See my comments to Neil

I see where you are coming from, but the squad we have now we won't have next season.

So imo let's bring someone in who can actually motivate the squad and get them playing 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

Get rid tonight. Erm far too defensive, erm no plan B, erm didn't know his best team until January, erm keeps playing Paterson, erm out of his depth. Not the worse manager we've had, but just not good enough. 

Why are you saying erm all the time? Absolute weirdo

• Thanks 2

We can argue all summer over it. We did really well over the season points wise and managed to find a groove/goal scoring rhythm not seen for a long time but at no point can we also deny that we've been done when it mattered. Over the 2 legs we didn't do anywhere near enough. It felt like Moore and the players were exposed and weren't able to cope with Sunderlands game plan. If he stays and I expect he will we really need to find a way of playing away from home and a grittyness to stop throwing points away at the end of flipping games and dig in when it matters. These are essential improvements that need to be made and if we do it we can/should be serious top 2 contenders next year  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, MBMitchell said:

See my comments to Neil

I see where you are coming from, but the squad we have now we won't have next season.

So imo let's bring someone in who can actually motivate the squad and get them playing 

Im torn 

I hear what you’re saying and understand why you think it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, MBMitchell said:

See my comments to Neil

I honestly think he has motivated them a lot, and they are playing for him. 

Not too long ago we were at a point where the players clearly hated being here, game over if they went one nil down and were petrified of playing at home.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

In. O way shape of form did he outclass us. Tonight we were the better team ( marginally) over 2 legs they deserved it though.

I thought we were crap for 70minutes then they started to tire and we came into it......mind you I thought the ref was abysmal or a pig. Can't believe he hasn't got his own thread

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

He deserves another crack next season…… He’s earned it & he’ll know he has to deliver!

I respect your dedication to the team as you are home and away all the time

Bit can you tell me what you see, that I don't that he can turn this around and with a virtually new squad as it will be next season again. How it won't be volume andow blocks fault for how we struggle at times 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He invested this year. This squad is good enough to have gone up.

It's Chansiri's fault we're in League One in the first place. He's been a disaster for this football club, but he gave Moore the tools to do the job this season and he's come up short 

What probably cost us this season is the injuries to all the centre backs before we couid get Storey and Dean in. If there's a genuine reason why we get so make injuries, then that's where we need to be investing.

People say it’s only League One but it’s a competitive league. Wigan and Sunderland also had big budgets. Rotherham are seasoned pros at this level and know how to get out of this league. You always get a club like MK Dons who emerge and become challengers. Ipswich and Portsmouth also had decent budgets but were way off the play offs.

Sadly it’s a tough league to get out of. We just didn’t have enough. But the infuriating thing is, you think of all the stupid points we’ve thrown away and we could be celebrating right now. 

As much as many fans want him out there is no way in the world that Chansiri will get rid. Be interesting to see how Chansiri backs him as he’s got another off-season of rebuilding and he’s got to do a lot better than the start of this season if he is serious about promotion. Can’t aim for top 6. Has to go for automatic but will he have the team to do so?

Its not tonight thats cost us. Its the number of points we've dropped against bang average sides. All those draws at the start and not finishing off teams when we had the chance.

Next season we have to get off to a flyer and nothing less than top 2 will do. We will again be the scalp that everyone wants to take so nothing less than 100% every game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But absolutely nobody was mentioning Alex Neil before these playoff games 

I was wanting Alex Neil earlier in the season, when I spoke to him he told me he wouldn’t come here and I’m sure you can guess why that was. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MBMitchell said:

I respect your dedication to the team as you are home and away all the time

Bit can you tell me what you see, that I don't that he can turn this around and with a virtually new squad as it will be next season again. How it won't be volume andow blocks fault for how we struggle at times 

What is it now ……… 15 managers in 18 seasons ?

At some stage we have to give someone the chance to put his stamp on a squad instead of starting from scratch all the time …….. As frustrating as that seems right now!

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People say it’s only League One but it’s a competitive league. Wigan and Sunderland also had big budgets. Rotherham are seasoned pros at this level and know how to get out of this league. You always get a club like MK Dons who emerge and become challengers. Ipswich and Portsmouth also had decent budgets but were way off the play offs.

Sadly it’s a tough league to get out of. We just didn’t have enough. But the infuriating thing is, you think of all the stupid points we’ve thrown away and we could be celebrating right now. 

It's only going to get harder. 

People seem to not realise that a lot of supposed "big" clubs are sliding into this division or getting very close. 

Often those who go up from the Championship are not those that would be considered traditionally "big" sides. 

Edited by SiJ

9 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

See my comments to Neil

Who? Can anyone come in with a poor owner and a team of misfits?

Just now, vulva said:

Moore does deserve another crack but we need to set off like a train next season. A poor start and he’s gone. 

Recruitment is huge this pre season. 

This x 10. 

He deserves another shot, but we've got to hit the ground running. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1