Moore says ...

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

4th and 85 points is a good season. Promotion wouid have been a great season.

We just fell short. As I've said in another thread, I'm not convinced by Moore, but he's done enough to get another crack at it. 

I wanted Moore out around Christmas

His big blunder was starting the season with only 4 centre half's, 3 of whom had come back from serious injuries

We never recovered from that

He's made other mistakes too

But our form since January has been top two

Like you say

I'm not convinced by him, but he's done enough to earn another crack at it

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I wasn't convinced by DM's appointment as he had no track record of getting teams promoted and was  relatively inexperienced. 

It appears he can pick out good players and that's a positive. We also were very good at home and got 85 points over the season. Also positive. 

But I can't help but think he didn't maximize our advantage over virtually every club at this level. Almost every team would have taken our squad over any other. Yet for all the good performances at home, we were very underwhelming away, with a defence which seemed to concede far too easily and rarely taking our game to the opposition. Most of our away victories (which were too few in number) were scraps where we never really put anybody to the sword. As soon as we led, we sat back instead of showing a killer instinct. MK Dons summed that mentality up when we invited them onto us at 3-0 up. Too many away games like Sunderland away last week when we looked distinctly like a draw would be ok. It's like watching 2 different teams watching us home and away. That has to be the responsibility of the manager and for me, he's far too negative away. 

The late goals conceded are also a feature which has not really been addressed all season. No surprise tonight once we got into stoppage - we've seen it all before.

I need some convincing, but I think he deserves to start next season and hope he can bring in good players early so we hit the ground running. I expect to see him having the team totally committed, the defence much tighter and the pressure taken off the defence by a strong attacking philosophy home and away. If we believe in our quality advantage and if DM is as good as some are claiming, then it's front foot, high tempo, no fear. We will win many more then we lose and avoid so many draws which have cost us dearly this season. 

However you look at it, the pressure is on DM as the expectation will be even higher next season. 

• Like 7

This second guessing lark is the easiest thing in the world.

You only had to see the reaction to Man City going out of the Champions League to see exactly the same process at work. Yes; office administrators, tyre fitters, students and teaching assistants were telling Pep Guardiola where he went wrong. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marro said:

Am devastated.

I believe we lost this tie in the first leg by not being brave.  Tonight was an even game, Sunderland matched us and a draw was a fair result.  We lacked the quality on the pitch and managerially.

DM starts next season as manager for me.  No excuses.  He must learn from his mistakes and anything less than automatic promotion will be failure.

It WAS this Year in my view(automatic) Nex Year will be so much harder....thrown away by too cautious,and too many draws..NOT the play offs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

Jesus H Christ, we finished 4th in a league with stacks of ex Premier League teams. Moore will still be here next season. 

We have no divine right to anything.

Dont talk drivel,ex Pl teams,what like us you mean!! PL founder member? this Division is FULL of poor sides,and to say anything else is just 'clapping' maybe 4 or 5 decent sides of which we are one,some of whom we have won any way......

Its Div 3..and we finished a poor 4th and blew our best chance of going straight back up......

• Like 1

I think I'm beginning to understand why Black people are under represented in football management.

• It's not because of the way they talk.
  • It's not the lack of tactical nouse.
  • It's not because we fail to play out from the back.
  • It's not because we set up negatively.
  • It's not because we are over cautious.
  • It's not because of speech impediments.
  • It's not because of disability.
  • It's not because of a lack of confidence.
  • It's not because we had a good season.
  • It's not because we had the best home record in the entire League.  

Can someone help me here ? Why do so many not like our manager; Well reasoned people may wish to proffer an answer.  

Deserves another go but I don't want to see us playing like we did between September and December. 

That period killed us where we played dreadful football and were fortunate to get a point in many games. Cheltenham, Ipswich, Cambridge away and then Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Bolton at home. I know we got 3 points at home to Bolton but that was daylight robbery.

The sicknening feeling for me is that he wants to play out from the back. I despise that style of play as it invites pressure and we've conceded so many goals from it. So many of the goals we've conceded this season have been our own making. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Dont talk drivel,ex Pl teams,what like us you mean!! PL founder member? this Division is FULL of poor sides,and to say anything else is just 'clapping' maybe 4 or 5 decent sides of which we are one,some of whom we have won any way......

Its Div 3..and we finished a poor 4th and blew our best chance of going straight back up......

Relax. 

The pigs spent 6 years in L1 and still pipped us back to the prem. 

Sunderland have been down here for 4 years.

Luton are in the bloody championship playoffs.

We'll get back eventually it's just going to take us longer than we all hoped. Dust ourselves off and let's aim for the autos next year.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

As much as many fans want him out there is no way in the world that Chansiri will get rid. Be interesting to see how Chansiri backs him as he’s got another off-season of rebuilding and he’s got to do a lot better than the start of this season if he is serious about promotion. Can’t aim for top 6. Has to go for automatic but will he have the team to do so?

When a manager loses a play-off it's a mistake to keep him.

We learned that with Carlos.

Players (and fans) lose confidence in him.

The problem isn't the players, it's Moore.

We've had the players but, not for the first time, the problem has been in the dugout.

We've consistently seen teams around us do better with less investment and/or players which on paper are not as good as ours.

It's happened again this season with Rotherham.

Would Moore have got the Millers promoted? I doubt it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The two points are intrinsically linked 

I havnt called for the manager to go,still havnt,but i hold him responsible for not getting automatic promotion  14 draws...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

Yeah I get that but as half of the squad we have won't be here, then that above will be the same

We've spoken about this and I'm pretty certain you know how much I love Wednesday and we want the same, I just don't see how dm is going to get us back to the level we were when he joined

That's 2 years nearly in charge and we are a league below what we started in when he was appointed

Monk would have kept us in the Championship....

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You only had to see the reaction to Man City going out of the Champions League to see exactly the same process at work. Yes; office administrators, tyre fitters, students and teaching assistants were telling Pep Guardiola where he went wrong. :laugh:

You don’t need to know where Moore went wrong to know that after two matches it was evident Sunderland have a better manager than us.

You also don’t need to be able to pinpoint the detail to know we were too soft away, disorganised defending set pieces and that the likes of Wycombe and Plymouth had vastly inferior squads yet achieved similar results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

He deserves another crack next season…… He’s earned it & he’ll know he has to deliver!

Agree but only IF he has learned from his error'r should not be allowed to recruit for anything but 3/5/2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

Thanks for the clarity 

Okay ....I'll spell it out...Sunderland got rid of Lee Johnson, ppl were shocked saddened,amazed ,pìssed off , happy, etc....they hired a Scottish bloke and he'd led them to a final.

Point is ...no big change is really needed with most of the players they just need someone in who can mentally deal with them, because another manager wins us promotion.

Moore isn't that man - imo.

Cue the abuse ( not you ) bcz I have an opinion.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Utter contempt for ordinary people is NEVER nice to read......Football managers including the man himself get sacked,he recently admitted himself that Bayern or barca would have sacked him,after Man Citys Year....(bleacherreport.com/articles/2709880) 

Not so funny maye TBH,and football fans who know their team,love their Club are jst as knowledgeable about football as managers

Look how may get sacked as an example,or who dont achieve?.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Relax. 

The pigs spent 6 years in L1 and still pipped us back to the prem. 

Sunderland have been down here for 4 years.

Luton are in the bloody championship playoffs.

We'll get back eventually it's just going to take us longer than we all hoped. Dust ourselves off and let's aim for the autos next year.

Relax? great track by Frankie goes to Hollywood.....players looked relaxed,only people NOT relaxed are the fan base,and i am one of them.....

Complacent mate........and people who accept mediocrity generally get it....Ime not one of them.....

• Love 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

'It was a better game then first 1' 

' we have to re group and go again '

' we've had a good season' 

Omfg ....get this brainless idiot out of this club please ! 

That's right. Blame the guy who has put together the best team in years. After manager after manager had nade a mess of our club.

Your a wally