Moore says ...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Utter contempt for ordinary people is NEVER nice to read......Football managers including the man himself get sacked,he recently admitted himself that Bayern or barca would have sacked him,after Man Citys Year....(bleacherreport.com/articles/2709880) 

Not so funny maye TBH,and football fans who know their team,love their Club are jst as knowledgeable about football as managers

Look how may get sacked as an example,or who dont achieve?.....

There's a universal difference of scale between mighty clubs like those deeming a season not good enough and equating that with the ordinary bloke in the street knowing just as much. Makes you wonder why clubs pay such enormous sums for these pretenders then doesn't it?

Such a transparently manipulative cheap shot for employing the old "he's having a go at the fans" chestnut to try and demonise someone you don't agree with. If you can't see why it's ridiculous for people with no experience in football beyond the pub leagues to be slagging off professionals with trophy cabinets bigger than their houses in such haughty and contemptuous terms, then there's not much I can do to help. 

But you carry on with the chest beating and emotive point scoring if it makes you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Even when we’re winning games it just feels a bit chaotic dunt it? A bit like when Laws was in charge and you never really knew what was going to happen. I’m happy for him to start next season because he knows what’s left of the squad but we need to be more ruthless,

I don’t want to go through that again 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Okay ....I'll spell it out...Sunderland got rid of Lee Johnson, ppl were shocked saddened,amazed ,pìssed off , happy, etc....they hired a Scottish bloke and he'd led them to a final.

Point is ...no big change is really needed with most of the players they just need someone in who can mentally deal with them, because another manager wins us promotion.

Moore isn't that man - imo.

Cue the abuse ( not you ) bcz I have an opinion.

How did the other 10 teams who changed manager mid-season get on? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Change the manager and you have a much bigger problem though 

Change of coaching staff too 

And all the players having to get to know the new manager and months of the manager spending time finding out about the existing players and what they can each do 

Mmm. Hasn’t seemed to be a problem for Alex Neil though has it?

He seems to epitomise the phrase, hit the ground running. 

I do think Moore should be given another chance, mainly because he recruits well. If the first three months show his tactical nous and game management haven’t improved, particularly away, then he should go and any new manager should have a good squad to take over, a bit like Jones did. 

• Thanks 1

Alex Neil has suddenly emerged as a genius in the last few days for the second guessers.

He has employed similar tactics to Yeovil having a third round cup tie at Leicester and has apparently demolished a lacklustre opponent by an injury time goal. He also actually led his team a place  lower in the table than where they were when he took over. Such was his standing that he'd been unemployed for almost a year before that. But then, he was coming off two campaigns where his squad had been 11th and 16th in the Championship.

It's easy this waiting for something to happen and then saying it was obvious all along isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Alex Neil has suddenly emerged as a genius in the last few days for the second guessers.

He has employed similar tactics to Yeovil having a third round cup tie at Leicester and has apparently demolished a lacklustre opponent by an injury time goal. He also actually led his team a place  lower in the table than where they were when he took over. Such was his standing that he'd been unemployed for almost a year before that. But then, he was coming off two campaigns where his squad had been 11th and 16th in the Championship.

It's easy this waiting for something to happen and then saying it was obvious all along isn't it?

And he hasn’t even got them up yet! 

Wonder if people will still be clamoring for him if Wycombe beat them at Wembley. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Dont talk drivel,ex Pl teams,what like us you mean!! PL founder member? this Division is FULL of poor sides,and to say anything else is just 'clapping' maybe 4 or 5 decent sides of which we are one,some of whom we have won any way......

Its Div 3..and we finished a poor 4th and blew our best chance of going straight back up......

You’ve contradicted yourself there. You said 4 or 5 decent teams and we finished a poor  4th. Doesn’t that make

kt a decent season? We don't have any divine right to be better than other sides just because we are Sheffield Wednesday. I’m sure MK Dons fans are saying the same. Sunderland are no pushover and Alex Neil just got it tactically better over the 2 legs.

38 minutes ago, El Toro said:

You’ve contradicted yourself there. You said 4 or 5 decent teams and we finished a poor  4th. Doesn’t that make

kt a decent season? We don't have any divine right to be better than other sides just because we are Sheffield Wednesday. I’m sure MK Dons fans are saying the same. Sunderland are no pushover and Alex Neil just got it tactically better over the 2 legs.

True.

Which is why we need an Alex Neil.

And someone who knows how to defend set pieces and keeps it simple at the back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

You don’t need to know where Moore went wrong to know that after two matches it was evident Sunderland have a better manager than us.

You also don’t need to be able to pinpoint the detail to know we were too soft away, disorganised defending set pieces and that the likes of Wycombe and Plymouth had vastly inferior squads yet achieved similar results.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I don't think anyone's saying Neil's a genius, or he wouldn't be at this level.

But he's better than Daz.

Which is why he's in the final and Daz isn't.

• Like 1

The play-off semi-finals were just 2 games too far in the end.

Given a better hand with regards to certain circumstances we may have got automatic but it wasn’t to be.

If and it’s a big If Moore can keep a large part of this squad together then we’ll be thereabouts again next season.

So in summary we saw progress made but old failings such as constant injuries, an inability to hold onto a lead and injury time pain continue to cost us dearly.

I know the experts are out in force with their Moore Out opinions which was always going to be the case but for me if I was Moore I’d be seriously considering whether I would want to subject myself to another season working for this fan base. A niggly, argumentative, negative and nasty tw@t as manager is what this fan base deserves even though history tells you we never ever succeed with one of those types of manager?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our squad this season was overrated by many.  We have an unbelievable player at this level in bannan that distorts the view of of fans. 
The manager has done an excellent job this season and should be retained, and with transfer ban lifted we can hopefully now invest in fitter, stronger, younger players who will make a difference, rather than creaking casts offs on frees. 

• Like 2

We've got amazing players on their day. 

The problem is that only few of the players managed to show a consistant level of performance in every game. They were brilliant in one game and invisible in the next.

Adding this to our injury crisis and the time the team needed to gell, I am more than happy with what we achieved.

Darren Moore managed to get them playing for him and for each other. Under is guidance all of our players improved  individually and also as a team.

I'm looking forward to the next season. 

UTO 

The expectations can be ridiculous at this football club.

I've said this in another thread but Bannan did an interview last June with the BBC (I believe) where he was unsure of what was happening at the club. Since then Moore has rebuilt the entire team largely from scratch. From where we were having been relegated to now is pretty extraordinary. I give full credit to Moore for this.

Has he made mistakes? Of course he has. Starting the season with recruitment for one specific formation and then changing mid season was poor. Not recruiting another centre half when we had Dunkley and Iorfa coming off the back of big injury spells was a big one. Perhaps without that we may have got promoted. The spell without any fit centre halves was what damaged our points tally.

He's only had free transfers and loans to work with (fitting within a EFL framework also) and he's managed to muster together a competent squad. Our injuries again have been obscene too. 

Yep like everyone else I do feel like he overthinks things sometimes but overall we finished the season on 85 points despite all of the above. The second half of the season was brilliant. We scored a ton of goals, proper got at teams and enjoyed our football.

It's another big Summer as he's still got the nucleus of a good squad. What we have to do now is replace those hit and miss signings (both loan and permanent) with better quality. The likes of Brown, Kamberi, Sow to be replaced by the next stage of quality. Couple that with reducing the average age of the starting 11 a little and we should be at the next stage of our progression. It's a rebuild but I am absolutely confident with the atmosphere he's created in such a short space of time that he's the right man for the job.

Good season, we just fell short due to the reasons above. Two games don't define a season.

• Love 1