Can anyone honestly say

3 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Not a chance no

Poor from back to front, not 1 player made a mark in 2 games

We looked unfit, we got out fought, and the system we play was perfectly countered by the opposition, with no answers coming off the bench

No way were we out fought. The effort last night was excellent. It was the execution of what we wanted to do that was lacking. Over the 90 plus minutes last night Wednesday were marginally the better team, but over 2 legs the better team went through. Some on here are talking like Sunderland tore us a new one.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Haven’t got anyone composed and comfortable on ball other than Bannan and couldn’t get him on it. Hoof ball for 75 minutes apart from 15 mins either side of scoring. Talk about wasted opportunities. Exactly like udders game switched off for one minute to a hopeful punt over the top and let the player run into the box. Absolute crap!

Sunderland hoofed it all night. It wasn't lack of composure that was their game plan. Make it an aerial battle. We couldn't win second balls because they wanted it more than us. We ended up playing their game.

The number of times we could have brought it down onto the deck, but just ballooned it back to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I personally felt they were just a touch quicker, sharper and fitter and they deserved to go through over the 2 legs. Plus, I had my concerns about Alex Neil and doesn’t he know how to set his teams up against us. We just couldn’t get any rhythm going and both games were frantic. 

This exactly.

If that had gone to extra time last night we'd have lost by 3. 

Fitness is our issue.

We conceded that goal because storey was dead on his feet after being run ragged all night.

They were fitter and had more energy than we did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Sunderland we’re not ‘far better’ at all. I also don’t think you can say they were more up for it. They have gone through thanks to two gift goals.

Yes over the 2 legs they were the better team but not by loads.

They were more energetic and won most of the first/second/third balls so by my reckoning, that is being more up for it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We've got to find a way of not falling into the same old trap again and again. 

Sunderland made us play the game as they wanted and we fell for it hook, line and sinker. 

Yes, we got the equaliser (with our only real chance over two legs), but rather than going for the jugular we sort of went flat again and the fear seemed to kick in. Then the inevitable late goal for them and it's all over. 

A good side who have an unhealthy knack of undermining their own efforts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry there had to be a loser, absolute fine margins and I thought it would go all the way to late in normal or extra time and it did. Both teams put every last ounce of effort in I thought and I think the difference was we managed to stop Bannan getting into either of the two games. The one time he got 5 yards of space last night he played a pass from heaven that sliced us open and created your equaliser. It could have went either way after then but you just switched off in the right back spot for a few seconds and we took advantage.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and can see you being top 2 next season the way you finished this one, we might be here with you if our Wembley curse rears its familiar head again. You are a fantastic football club and supporters and don't deserve to be where you are.

Darren Moore is a really classy man, I know he will come under scrutiny but I think you should stick with him, good things happen to good people and you will get it right next season.

Edited by Black Cat
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

This exactly.

If that had gone to extra time last night we'd have lost by 3. 

Fitness is our issue.

We conceded that goal because storey was dead on his feet after being run ragged all night.

They were fitter and had more energy than we did.

Ridiculous to suggest Sunderland would have scored at least 2 more. They never looked like scoring all night until they did.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Cat said:

Sorry there had to be a loser, absolute fine margins and I thought it would go all the way to late in normal or extra time and it did. Both teams put every last ounce of effort in I thought and I think the difference was we managed to stop Bannan getting into either of the two games. The one time he got 5 yards of space last night he played a pass from heaven that sliced us open and created your equaliser. It could have went either way after then but you just switched off in the right back spot for a few seconds and we took advantage.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and can see you being top 2 next season the way you finished this one, we might be here with you if our Wembley curse rears its familiar head again. You are a fantastic football club and supporters and don't deserve to be where you are.

Darren Moore is a really classy man, I know he will come under scrutiny but I think you should stick with him, good things happen to good people and you will get it right next season.

Good luck fella 

1 hour ago, Black Cat said:

Classy post mate.

18 hours ago, Shezza said:

Our right side was wide open for how long? And what did Moore do to address the problem? Sorry, it’s just not good enough. Two very poor games against very beatable opposition. But we go again. And it’s going to be Moore at the helm, no doubt. But he doesn’t deserve the job. He has failed, then failed again. Mandaric would hand him is notice first thing in the morning. 

Yes, Mandy wasn't worried about the media and their favourites.

I remember when he sacked Megson and was questioned atb the press conference: "Look, guys, I want to get promoted here".

He knew when to stick and to twist.

He'd definitely never have kept Carlos after Huddersfield.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Sunderland hoofed it all night. It wasn't lack of composure that was their game plan. Make it an aerial battle. We couldn't win second balls because they wanted it more than us. We ended up playing their game.

The number of times we could have brought it down onto the deck, but just ballooned it back to them.

What an odd summary. Sunderland carried the ball from halfway all the second half, with very few challenges.

In a further post, you say Storey was run ragged. This happens with decent wide opponents, not from them hoofing it. 

21 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

What an odd summary. Sunderland carried the ball from halfway all the second half, with very few challenges.

In a further post, you say Storey was run ragged. This happens with decent wide opponents, not from them hoofing it. 

You'll never get anywhere on this forum with football knowledge lol

41 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The ball was in the air most of the first half. Lumped forward by both teams Its not odd at all. Are you suggesting defenders shouldn't chase balls lumped over them.

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The ball was in the air most of the first half. Lumped forward by both teams Its not odd at all. Are you suggesting defenders shouldn't chase balls lumped over them.

Clarke ran through us like a hot knife through butter & that diving ginger caveman did also. They also ran it down their right quite frequently & easily. I just didn’t consider their approach play as hoofing it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Clarke ran through us like a hot knife through butter & that diving ginger caveman did also. They also ran it down their right quite frequently & easily. I just didn’t consider their approach play as hoofing it. 

They ran through us far too easily..

We were crap over 2 legs,

Back to early season trippy happy at the back,

A poor Sunderland team went through  

Think Wycombe will beat em imo..

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder

No. They had a game plan, we didn't. How the hell did we expect to go through. On a wing and a prayer. 

On 09/05/2022 at 21:51, Mr. Chow said:

Nope, out footballed over two legs. I just don’t know why we set up any different to any other game this season. Why didnt we have a go?

it’s like we prepped again playing against a prem team in the fa cup, why were we so scared to play our usual game? 

Totally agree. I think we should stick with Moore, but he got the 2 games badly wrong. I dont understand why we would abandon the way we have succesfully played for the last few months. Its like he was scared of sunderland. I hate it that we changed the way we play and went negative,because of the opposition. Its bottling it.

We got exactly what we deserved by doing this and we are all disappointed. If wed lost by attacking, playing our normal game then fair enough, but to go out tamely like that was very poor.

DM has used up his last life now. Automatic next season is the absolute minimum. I dont have confidence in DM to be strong enough in another play off game.if we arent in the hunt for automatic by Xmas i think he will be gone

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2