Can anyone honestly say

Some of the decision making of our players is really poor. We do lack some players with good footballing brains. I never felt like we were good enough to go up this season - sadly I was right.

Hopefully with some shrewd signings we can realistically target the autos next season...

• Like 1

Bailey Wright epitomised the tie in saying both sides gave it a right good go. Mendez Lang was a gamble that was working , he scared them to death. Mendez Lang though wasn't our downfall our downfall was not screwing more of the poorer teams to the floor earlier in the season.

Our task is to pick ourselves up dust ourselves down, pick up some fresh blood and go again !

NEVER ONCE 

did we look up for it, at it, on it….

never peppered them

constant bad balls in

constant sauntering about 

why did we battle so hard to get in the play offs 

it’s like last season when we’d all have been happier getting relegated in march 

limp, inept, disinterested squad

im sorry but moore can only do so much… Klopp couldn’t get a decent half out of this lot 

the worse part is Sunderland slept walked along equally not bothered… we were just that much less interested 

sell every single player and start again with maybe bannan staying…. Only he’ll be off now I’m sure leaving us with nothing 

wycombe would have beat us at Wembley just by being interested in it 

just interested beats us, not skill, not drive or power or tactics…. Just being interested and present lol

Im glad it’s over honestly I couldn’t be bothered with that at Wembley only to lose to wycombe 

Since when did some Wednesfield fans become so entitled and expecting of success, where have they been the last 20 years?! 

2 very evenly matched teams slogging it out, they performed marginally better over the 2 legs and went through by 1 goal, it happens. The flapping on here is almost joyful to some, pathetic. 

Most disappointing thing is we went out without a whimper. 

No fight, no drive, no ideas. 

How many efforts on target over the two legs?

Seems to me they have the better manager, and better players, almost man for man. 

So fair play and good luck to them. Both teams got exactly what they deserved. 

Got sucked in again like the Wycombe game - bouts of head tennis and no-one apart from Bannan and Gregory with any composure.

Not been impressed with BPF.

Storey looked frightened.

Loungo couldn’t cope.

Mendez Laing at fault for their goal allowing the overload.

None of them barring Hutch can deal with physicality skilfully.

13 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Palmer… say no more. Never ever tracks his man. Was like we were happy to go to ET as well!

The goal was as much to do with NML not tracking his man & leaving an overload on our right hand side.

He'd only been on the field 10 mins and just ambled back instead of chasing them down.

Pathetic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No we didn’t turn up at all. Occasion got to us. And we spent the entire game panicking looping headers into the air and wafting a leg rather than getting the ball down and trying to play. 

Even when we went 1-0 up we showed no composure to go get the 2nd.

Sunderland were the better side over two legs. Roberts and Clarke tore us apart. Organised and kept their heads. Probably reflection of an experienced manager who has been in that situation before.

Can’t say they didn’t try. The play offs are cruel and we did well this season. Sadly it does define your season though. Again, I’m gutted for the likes of Bannan who was the architect of our goal and doesn’t deserve to be playing in this team. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Since when did some Wednesfield fans become so entitled and expecting of success, where have they been the last 20 years?! 

2 very evenly matched teams slogging it out, they performed marginally better over the 2 legs and went through by 1 goal, it happens. The flapping on here is almost joyful to some, pathetic. 

It's not about been entitled 

It's about having the players and Moore all season saying promotion is our aim 

And they've failed to deliver 

Fans have done their end of the bargain 

Selling out every away ground and selling out tonight 

The players and Moore screwed up 

They like the praise they can take the criticism 

1 minute ago, Luke said:

They like the praise they can take the criticism 

I tend to find the fans that say this phrase are the ones that spend their time being negative all the time or finding something or someone to slate 

Or attacking the players on the players own social media feeds etc 

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Best team went through over the 2 legs without doubt.

Better tactics all round and they didn't just come to defend the lead.

Totally agree,WAY too many people seeing reaching  the play off's(in 4th FOURTH in Div 3....think on it) as some sort of 'success' in & of itself.....For all except one set of supporters it means NOTHING but more heartbreak......

Said it all Season,not just sour grapes from me........

DRAWS.............how many points dropped thats my gripe,NOT the play offs many i feel focusing on the wrong thing...

• Like 3