Can anyone honestly say

5 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

I'm Luongo's biggest fan 

He didn't show up for either game tho...

We lost midfield in both games. BB, luongo and Byers were outgunned by players ive never heard of. Why was BB so deep? Was he injured? The leagues best player was kept away from the action, by us, rather than them

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

....but he got the 2 games badly wrong. I dont understand why we would abandon the way we have succesfully played for the last few months. Its like he was scared of sunderland. I hate it that we changed the way we play and went negative,because of the opposition. Its bottling it.

We got exactly what we deserved by doing this and we are all disappointed. If wed lost by attacking, playing our normal game then fair enough, but to go out tamely like that was very poor.

Great post - takes us right back to the first half of the season when we were more interested in not losing than going out to win.

We were so negative in both games and it seems that in the home game, not conceding a second was more of the focus than trying to have a real go at Sunderland. It was like the Huddersfield ties all over again. Fortune favors the brave and Moore didn't trust in our quality or playing in the way which had resulted in a great run. It was all too much safety first and we are all left frustrated about what might have been.

Oh for a manager who lets the opposition worry about us instead of fearing them. I'd have rather lost the tie with all guns blazing but instead, we fought with nothing more than a water pistol.

• Like 3

Guest Musttryharder
20 hours ago, sexpistol said:

No way were we out fought. The effort last night was excellent. It was the execution of what we wanted to do that was lacking. Over the 90 plus minutes last night Wednesday were marginally the better team, but over 2 legs the better team went through. Some on here are talking like Sunderland tore us a new one.

No but they got through because they had a game plan we didnt. You can all ther energy in the world but if you cant 'execute' a game plan, your stuffed exactly what happened over two legs. You could see from a distance they were tactically prepared for us, we wasn't for them. That is something this club, the manager and players have to change for next year if we are to have a remote chance of trying to get out of this shiity league. I dont even think we had a plan A let alone a plan B

16 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

What an odd summary. Sunderland carried the ball from halfway all the second half, with very few challenges.

In a further post, you say Storey was run ragged. This happens with decent wide opponents, not from them hoofing it. 

Compare the stats of aerial duels won in that game for both sides with the stats from the games against Wycombe, MKD and Rotherham as a sample.

In the 30s for both sides in Monday. (37-31). Much of it in the first half I reckon.

Suggests the ball was in the air an awful lot.

Yes when they got it down in the second half they were dangerous down the wings I don't deny that but we generally got better quality crosses in than they did when we attacked.

They did a job on us, nullified our strengths and took advantage of our weaknesses, but the better, more committed team won in the end over the two legs.

You could say the difference between the teams was one defensive error, but we simply didn't create enough chances over both legs.

You can't expect to win  if you score only 1 goal in the tie. 4 attempts on target in 2 games just wasn't  good enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daz said:

Great post - takes us right back to the first half of the season when we were more interested in not losing than going out to win.

We were so negative in both games and it seems that in the home game, not conceding a second was more of the focus than trying to have a real go at Sunderland. It was like the Huddersfield ties all over again. Fortune favors the brave and Moore didn't trust in our quality or playing in the way which had resulted in a great run. It was all too much safety first and we are all left frustrated about what might have been.

Oh for a manager who lets the opposition worry about us instead of fearing them. I'd have rather lost the tie with all guns blazing but instead, we fought with nothing more than a water pistol.

Tactically inane for such an important match!

• Like 1