Darren Moore

2 hours ago, striker said:

Took some time to get us going, but when he did we look a very good team. Whether we have the legs to make it up this season only time will tell. 

To be fair to Moore he has stuck to his guns (didn't have a wobble like I did over the Christmas period) and we've played some of the best football I've seen in years.

Yes, you can make the argument that we are in L1, but this has been an extraordinary L1 season with some good teams. 

We've scored goals, won games and 85 points is a real achievement. That said, counts for nothing is we don't go up, but if we don't gives me a lot of confidence this team can grow next season and without the bedding in period, can hit the ground running. 

if he does get us up by hook or crook we shouldnt worry relegation, a platform to go again in 2/3 for a charge for next playoffs if Chansiri learns not to be a dictator, Moore is close to key chances for me even if the gods stun us today. 

Biggest budget in the league. Arguably the best team in the league, man for man. Points thrown away time and time again. Zero ideas when back is against the wall.

Get f*cking rid tonight. 

It’s a disappointing end to the season but now is a time for cool heads and sound thinking and not irrational emotionally charged decisions. Other than the playoff games we’ve looked mostly good for large parts of the tail end of the season. 

There’s no point in firing him unless a top manager is available who wants to come and I don’t see who that would be. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'm not too concerned about some churn of players. It will definitely be less turnover than last season and we now have an established system of play which will make identifying replacements easier.

Of those you have mentioned Windass and Dean have hardly played this season. NML is in and out of the team. Bannan will stay. BPF and Storey are decent but don't see why we couldn't get similar quality loan replacements.

Luongo will probably be the biggest miss as he's not really replaceable with similar quality at this level. Apart from that I think we would be fine.

Luongo has been incredibly poor over our two most important games in a decade. He can go for me. Injured half of the tlme anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Tragic that Darren Moore is even mentioned in an article alongside 2 great Wednesday managers.

And Wilko & Catterick were managing at a higher level.

He’s mentioned because he’s achieved what’s needed to be included in the article 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He’s mentioned because he’s achieved what’s needed to be included in the article 

He got 13 points from 14 games in the Championship that ended with us getting relegated under his stewardship.

All his points have come in the 3rd division and all he has on his CV here is one relegation and ... nothing.

19 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Luongo has been incredibly poor over our two most important games in a decade. He can go for me. Injured half of the tlme anyway.

Yep, a new impetus of new players is needed. I say get rid of the injury prone, the lightweights and much of the old guard. Where possible. And this has to be fuelled by good recruitment. An area we have failed at year in and year out. Get a person in to head up recruitment. Start running this club with positive structure DC and not without any. Isn't it sinking in yet that, as per, all does not go to plan? I prefer a manager with a number of promotions on the CV. Seems to help... 

15 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just think how well he'd have done if he'd not played 'the wrong tactics' all season.

:ph34r:

Playing our main winger at centre back for half the season has cost us heavily