Darren Moore

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just think how well he'd have done if he'd not played 'the wrong tactics' all season.

:ph34r:

For me it wasn't the tactics it was not been able to put out a settled team due to suspension and injuries seen games where we have missed enough chances to kill games off

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Always think stats in football can take you so far.

Its games like tonight and finger crossed at Wembley that they really good managers find that extra 1 or 2%.

Think that is where ultimately previous managers like Trevor Francis and Carlos Carvahaul came up short despite playing some good stuff under them.

Think Darren Moore should be here next season no matter what league but will see if he can find that extra edge to get us over the line.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just think how well he'd have done if he'd not played 'the wrong tactics' all season.

:ph34r:

Imagine how many points we would have had if we still had Jos or Gary Monk in charge all season.😙

Time to get behind Darren Moore as we are in with a great chance of promotion at the first attempt under his management.

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Imagine how many points we would have had if we still had Jos or Gary Monk in charge all season.😙

Time to get behind Darren Moore as we are in with a great chance of promotion at the first attempt under his management.

If we had Jos or Monk we'd have zero points as they'd all have been deducted

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

For me it wasn't the tactics it was not been able to put out a settled team due to suspension and injuries seen games where we have missed enough chances to kill games off

36 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

You're aware my comment was a jokey reference to a thread on here last week, though...right?

Took some time to get us going, but when he did we look a very good team. Whether we have the legs to make it up this season only time will tell. 

To be fair to Moore he has stuck to his guns (didn't have a wobble like I did over the Christmas period) and we've played some of the best football I've seen in years.

Yes, you can make the argument that we are in L1, but this has been an extraordinary L1 season with some good teams. 

We've scored goals, won games and 85 points is a real achievement. That said, counts for nothing is we don't go up, but if we don't gives me a lot of confidence this team can grow next season and without the bedding in period, can hit the ground running. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Took some time to get us going, but when he did we look a very good team. Whether we have the legs to make it up this season only time will tell. 

To be fair to Moore he has stuck to his guns (didn't have a wobble like I did over the Christmas period) and we've played some of the best football I've seen in years.

Yes, you can make the argument that we are in L1, but this has been an extraordinary L1 season with some good teams. 

We've scored goals, won games and 85 points is a real achievement. That said, counts for nothing is we don't go up, but if we don't gives me a lot of confidence this team can grow next season and without the bedding in period, can hit the ground running. 

Agree with what you’re saying, tho my worry is it won’t be the same team next season so a similar bedding in period may be needed.  Players like BPF, Storey, Dean, may not fancy another spell in league 1.  Likewise with Bannan, Luongo, Windass, NML, Byers.  Tho most may be contracted for longer stays they could easily put in transfer requests or we accept bids from championship/foreign clubs etc.  Unfortunately we live in a world where if a team like Coventry says they want to sign Byers in the summer, he might be tempted to want to play for them next season.  

It will be an interesting summer whatever happens.  

• Like 1

Let us not forget that Moore couldn’t spend any money either. Look how much Carlos spent in that first season. 

I’d say give Moore a little more credit than he’s getting, especially the turnaround from last season. It’s not just a switch you can flick and suddenly become competitive again after relegation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with what you’re saying, tho my worry is it won’t be the same team next season so a similar bedding in period may be needed.  Players like BPF, Storey, Dean, may not fancy another spell in league 1.  Likewise with Bannan, Luongo, Windass, NML, Byers.  Tho most may be contracted for longer stays they could easily put in transfer requests or we accept bids from championship/foreign clubs etc.  Unfortunately we live in a world where if a team like Coventry says they want to sign Byers in the summer, he might be tempted to want to play for them next season.  

It will be an interesting summer whatever happens.  

I'm not too concerned about some churn of players. It will definitely be less turnover than last season and we now have an established system of play which will make identifying replacements easier.

Of those you have mentioned Windass and Dean have hardly played this season. NML is in and out of the team. Bannan will stay. BPF and Storey are decent but don't see why we couldn't get similar quality loan replacements.

Luongo will probably be the biggest miss as he's not really replaceable with similar quality at this level. Apart from that I think we would be fine.

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'm not too concerned about some churn of players. It will definitely be less turnover than last season and we now have an established system of play which will make identifying replacements easier.

Of those you have mentioned Windass and Dean have hardly played this season. NML is in and out of the team. Bannan will stay. BPF and Storey are decent but don't see why we couldn't get similar quality loan replacements.

Luongo will probably be the biggest miss as he's not really replaceable with similar quality at this level. Apart from that I think we would be fine.

Every word of this. Hope we go up, but if we don't, we have to go again next season with as much of this season's setup as we can, and that all starts with Moore.

I started the season fearing we could genuinely drop straight through this league, considering the state of the club at the end of last season. 

Now I’ll be gutted if we don’t go up. 

He’s made mistakes, everyone does. But overall he’s taken us a long way forward. 

Just now, WC1Owl said:

Every word of this. Hope we go up, but if we don't, we have to go again next season with as much of this season's setup as we can, and that all starts with Moore.

No.

It all starts with Chansiri.

He's blown a king's ransom on trying to get us promoted and ended up a league down on when he started.

What if he turns off the money tap, sees other teams not getting promoted but spending 90% less? What if he decides that slashing the wage bill and playing mid table is for us? What if he sells the club to a bloke off facebook and keeps the ground?

He's spent a hell of a lot of money, and been rewarded with failure. This could be a failure too far.

For those saying wrong tactics have held us back I would say more availability of a settled side more than anything as well as key players missing - Luongo in the period after bossing the Rotherham game, Gregory and Windass. 

DM has rebuilt a team in the space of a couple on Months and hope he is here long term regardless of tonights result.   He is a top person and is sorting the Club throughout as well as gaining more experience..