Darren Moore

Torn on whether he is the man to get us up or not, felt the same at the start of the season. Done some good stuff here but have a nagging doubt that tells me he might never quite get us over the line. 

• Like 1

All this talk I have been hearing for months, in defence of DM, of how he had to rebuild the squad last summer with freebies and loans, doesnt wash with me.

Isnt this the case for almost every team at this level, each and every summer? Its just the nature of the game now, players running their contracts down, clubs being broke, and not knowing which division they will be playing in.

It will happen again this summer, the summer after that, and the summer after that.

A good manager has to deal with that and just get on with it and succeed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Avonowl said:

Torn on whether he is the man to get us up or not, felt the same at the start of the season. Done some good stuff here but have a nagging doubt that tells me he might never quite get us over the line. 

Agreed

his shortcomings shown over these 2 legs. Has no plan b and was out managed  by a more experienced and ultimately better opposition manger,  despite having better resources and players to choose from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who - out of our last ten managers at this club - has managed to do that?

none, sadly.

the only one Ive really had confidence in was Steve Bruce, but we all know how that ended up.

but it doesnt change the fact that this is the state of the game now, and we cant allow managers to have 1/2 of the season to stumble upon the correct formula.

Just now, steelerian said:

none, sadly.

the only one Ive really had confidence in was Steve Bruce, but we all know how that ended up.

but it doesnt change the fact that this is the state of the game now, and we cant allow managers to have 1/2 of the season to stumble upon the correct formula.

I agree with your points 

But sadly changing a manager brings more challenges than keeping one 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree with your points 

But sadly changing a manager brings more challenges than keeping one 

Just hope that next season, we learn how to concentrate and play for the full match ,and have a plan b, c and d when needed.