Moore can’t be blamed at all for the clear chances we missed against statistically the worst team in the league. 
He can be blamed for a bizarre lineup that meant we relied on a pen to win. 
Luongo 100% not fit so Fizz should have come on. 
Patto was, well Patto. 
I have mixed feelings about tonight. 
it could have been 6-0, but it wasn’t. 
Anyway, we are 4th which we can’t complain about. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Crewe also never looked like scoring EXCEPT when we mentally switched off, like Jack Hunt did.

Moore got it spot on tonight. The players didn’t capitalise as much as we’d have hoped to bump that GD up but a wins a win and I’m not grumbling. 

Seriously?!

Yeah he can’t score but he can make better substitutions and get the players on the front foot. Moore was far from spot on tonight. We got the result and we’re in with a chance but tonight nearly went oh so different and a big part of it had it done so would have been down to moore.

We won tho so let’s be positive are the autos on ?!

• Like 2

Beforehand, I was thinking of that game against MK in April 2016. We weren't quite over the line for the top 6 and against opponents almost doomed to relegation we couldn't do it. Hit the woodwork four times in the second half I think.

These games can and do go wrong.

But not tonight. A very good night for us. 

9 minutes ago, markg said:

Totally blows my mind that anyone could think about blaming a manager when we missed 3 or 4 from yards out.

thankfully not all fans are that dim 

I really think there is a small

clique that almost enjoy it when we don’t win and love nothing more than to spout off their poison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think if you're criticising a selection, tactics, and substitutions that resulted in us limiting the opposites to literally one shot, while we had nearly 20... with quite literally a quarter of them being laid on a plate for the striker...

Go home, you're drunk.

I honestly think that Moore would need to win every game 10-0 with 99% possession stats to not be under pressure from some fans. I don't get it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

So you think the team selection, tactics and substitutions were spot on tonight 

and Moore is beyond criticism?

Yes, he got it spot on. We played a team that sat back, were there to spoil, we came off a tough game at the weekend and created no end of chances and totally restricted them.  What more could he have done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Just when you thought Moore knew what he was doing. 

Yes we did win against possibly the worst team I have ever seen at Hillsboro  but OMG 

Yeah Moore should have buried that easy chance Berahino missed early in game. 🙄

That was the worst we have played all season even though we could have had 4 in 1st 10 mins. After that we were shocking and d Moore subs and tactics were mind-blowing again . Dele bash I don't think plays on Saturday yet d Moore gave him a massive thumbs up at mk dons with his performance gets dropped tonight and when it was crying out for him to come on he fetched on chey f dunkley. We won yes but I'm allowed to criticise.  D Moore just totally baffles me he played bannan deep when he is far better further forward , played Johnson in defence why? . If we drew this game 0-0 that might well have cost us a top 6 spot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

If we hadn’t got a dubious penalty you would all be saying the same 

Horrific team selection 

Horrific Tactics 

Horrific Substitutions 

Ahhh…. So ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ only work one way then?

You’re discounting the fact that we didn’t take all our chances but clinging on to bashing Moore based on ‘if’ we hadn’t got a penalty.

We DID get a penalty, we DID win the game and we DID get 3 points, we DID keep a clean sheet and we DID move up the table. I’d say job done by the team and the manager. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Moore can’t be blamed at all for the clear chances we missed against statistically the worst team in the league. 
He can be blamed for a bizarre lineup that meant we relied on a pen to win. 
Luongo 100% not fit so Fizz should have come on. 
Patto was, well Patto. 
I have mixed feelings about tonight. 
it could have been 6-0, but it wasn’t. 
Anyway, we are 4th which we can’t complain about. 

But we shouldn't have relied on a pen to win. That's not down to Moore. The team he put out created a load of chances through good play. And the players that missed them were decent players, ones that most people would pick in their line up.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A WIN

THREE POINTS 

sorted 

Im more than happy me 

Zero negatives

Aye...its always been the same - The season we got promoted under Big Ron we had a bad couple of weeks towards the end and there were sind right drama queen's at the games... Sheridan got it both barrels for a few matches running I remember... 

I still can't believe we're in with a shout of the playoffs - didn't even think we'd be able to get a team out in preseason... Amazing!!! 

• Like 2