2 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Yeah he does and I don't think he can do that at his age after so many matches this season when it's Saturday/Tuesday. Never injured, never suspended, seldom rested, yesterday was his 46th game of the season.

It's quite incredible with Bannan really. 

32 now and he is still motoring around the pitch like a man 10 years his junior. 

Inevitably, there will come a day when his legs do go (time waits for no man etc), but the sheer level of work rate/combined with him barely ever missing a game is quite something. 

• Like 3

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Opinions differ, not saying you, but not so long ago there were plenty on here saying the summer recruitment was bobbins and that we could forget about promotion with these players.

Also - to say we should be "way ahead" is also just plain daft given how the division has gone. You've had 8 teams motoring through the division all season. It would be very hard to break completely away from that. Look at what has happened to Rotherham who were "way ahead" at one point. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Opinions differ, not saying you, but not so long ago there were plenty on here saying the summer recruitment was bobbins and that we could forget about promotion with these players.

Summer recruitment was hindered a lot with worries from players coming with the ffp situation. 

I know personally that Dean and Gibson came to us based on discussion with Darren Moore 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Our record against the better teams speaks for itself though. Of the three teams above us, we've beaten MK twice, Wigan twice and Rotherham once. We're obviously a decent team and it showed against Crewe how we were able to switch things and still walk away with the points.

Yet we've still dropped 19 points from winning positions against teams that were better than Crewe, quite a number of which were down to playing deeper. The number of goals conceded in the final 5 minutes is also testament to allowing teams to take the initiative late on. Had we dropped say ten points we'd be almost promoted now.

However, there has been an undeniable improvement in our willingness to attack during the early stages of the game compared to the first part of the season, which I hope will be maintained.

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Also - to say we should be "way ahead" is also just plain daft given how the division has gone. You've had 8 teams motoring through the division all season. It would be very hard to break completely away from that. Look at what has happened to Rotherham who were "way ahead" at one point. 

Yes agreed. 

8 minutes ago, reggae said:

Summer recruitment was hindered a lot with worries from players coming with the ffp situation. 

I know personally that Dean and Gibson came to us based on discussion with Darren Moore 

I can well believe  that. Personally I think our overall recruitment has been good. Credit to Moore and the owner for that. Only gap for me was not getting a genuine target man as an extra string to our bow......... especially in this league. 

12 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I can well believe  that. Personally I think our overall recruitment has been good. Credit to Moore and the owner for that. Only gap for me was not getting a genuine target man as an extra string to our bow......... especially in this league. 

I know Yates and madine were both in the fold. Wages were high but the transfer fees blackpool wanted were ridiculous. 

Madine signed a new contract with Blackpool last month. And I begged him not to lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Err deserved to win and all over us ?

I said they were possibly the worst side to play at Hillsboro 

I stand by the rest 

Think you missed the point of my post. Doesn't surprise me tbh.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

You can subtract the 5 laughing faces from that, for a start.

:tango:

Absolutely, why do some fans always feel the need to criticise the manager? If those early chance been taken (which you would expect them to be) and we'd been 3 up in 10 minutes, I'm sure there'd been comments that we should be 4 up against bottom of the table).

I bet Rotherham (for one) would have been very grateful for a 1-0 win against a team they'd expect to beat

• Like 1