Gillingham Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

Need a much better 2nd half.

We've been too slow, too safe in possession. Far too much of the ball has been spent at Hutchinson & Dunkley's feet. We look vulnerable to their physical and aerial threat (again!). The midfield trio has, again, looked lethargic and leggy. Luongo in particular looks half a yard off the pace.

Need to start playing to our strengths, rather than attempting to beat Gillingham at their own game.

Paterson off, Berahino on, would be a start. Paterson's aerial threat is food and drink to their centre halves.

• Like 1

Its timid!!!

We have seen this before under irvine, at times under Gray...Its setting up to nullify the opposition rather than playing to our  strengths

Gillingham are down there for a f.ookin' reason, cos they are crap

I'm not howling for Moores head, I'm just saying ive seen it before when Wednesday have been in with a chance of promotion and lose it cos of timidity and giving too much respect

We did it against ccxrington, we are doing it again first half today

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war ffs! 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Our way of playing is to concede soft goals from headers - surely you’ve noticed?

Dunkley is the strongest in the air we have.

I'd agree with that, but he's also the one that makes the most mistakes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Hope @theowlsman has gone for a dump

Had a sausage and tomato sarny and dropped some logs to oblige. Normal service will be resumed soon. Don't forget to vote for theowlsman as Man of the Match.

Dunkley goal looking likely from a set piece.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd agree with that, but he's also the one that makes the most mistakes!

He was our best player, by an absolute country mile, before he got injured. His form was fantastic. 

We've done well without him, but his return will bring us a dominance aerially, we don't get from any of our current centre halves.

• Like 1