Burton Albion V Wednesday OMDT

Let's hope we don't play like a bunch of Sisyphuses and really take the game to them.

We should have enough even in a patched-up side to win this without fear today - our midfield remains strong (quality-wise, at least), despite FDB being a big miss against these slightly more physical teams.

Wouldn't mind seeing TJ-J get a bit more of a second half run out today if we can tire them a bit with our pressing. We haven't got a lot of pace up top and I think they'll likely be man-marking our front two for most of the game - a sprightly young-un with a spring in their legs could well be just the ticket for a final third cameo smash-and-grab.

I see us having lots of possession but creating few clear cut chances. Johnson and NML (if they both play) are going to have to be on their A game today. Give us the outlet and don't be afraid to cut inside and have a go.

With Pato and Kamberi up top, let's test their keeper and get him to spill a couple of shots. Pato is usually in the right place to bundle one of those over the line. 

1-0 Wednesday. 

Needs must I suppose given our lack of options. 

Paterson never has been, or will be, a centre forward, but still an infinitely better choice than Berahino. 

Interesting to see how Mendez-Laing does in an advanced role. The rest of the team looks ok, but up front, we are painfully weak.