Lee Bullen - to be appointed as Ayr United Manager

On 06/01/2022 at 19:40, BRUCE LEE said:

Best of luck to him

This^^^
Says something that he has gone from someone who stated he was out of his depth as manager (albeit temporary) for us to now wanting to ply the trade elsewhere. Maybe he became sick of the general malaise surrounding our club and this is an ideal opportunity to leave for a better offer. 
All the best Bully-few people currently involved with the club with anything about them or any longevity of service.

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Probably our only true legend of this century. 

I would maybe add Adthe to the list but yes that’s it from the past 20 years.  There is no question that lee Bullen is a legend of this club . 

Each time Bullen took over as caretaker we were in a mess, either as we had sacked a manager for a terrible run of results or in the case of Bruce he walked out with all the coaches the day before the season started. His record really does stand up very well given the context of the games he had to manage.  

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I would maybe add Adthe to the list but yes that’s it from the past 20 years.  There is no question that lee Bullen is a legend of this club . 

Each time Bullen took over as caretaker we were in a mess, either as we had sacked a manager for a terrible run of results or in the case of Bruce he walked out with all the coaches the day before the season started. His record really does stand up very well given the context of the games he had to manage.  

His record across the 3 spells was also better than Thompson in his spell in charge. People can't look past that Burton game though unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

His record across the 3 spells was also better than Thompson in his spell in charge. People can't look past that Burton game though unfortunately. 

I know very bizarre given for vast majority of last 25 years we get walloped by the opposition roughly every other week. 

2 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Just watched the first half..omg its garbage, must be around 30 fans in the ground and the stadium is dire, bet Bully is thinking WTF have i done 😂

Must feel like he never left Wednesday if it’s like that. A home from home .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Just watched the first half..omg its garbage, must be around 30 fans in the ground and the stadium is dire, bet Bully is thinking WTF have i done 😂

I bet he isn’t 

I bet he’s proud to have started his full management career at a club willing to give him the opportunity

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop