Lee Bullen - to be appointed as Ayr United Manager

16 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Just watched the first half..omg its garbage, must be around 30 fans in the ground and the stadium is dire, bet Bully is thinking WTF have i done 😂

The attendances are capped at 500 due to Scottish Government restrictions which is why there were no fans there. The ground is a shitehole admittedly but Bullen will have known that prior to joining. I’m really pleased for Lee and it’s a great start against a team that have been flying and are top of the league. Hopefully he can keep Ayr up and win some derbies and keep the other Ayrshire team down. 

And to be fair Sheffield Wednesday fans aren’t in any position to be laughing at other club’s infrastructure and facilities. Ours are poo too

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Just watched the first half..omg its garbage, must be around 30 fans in the ground and the stadium is dire, bet Bully is thinking WTF have i done 😂

The way he was being treated at the club, I bet he isn’t.

Be like a breath of fresh air for the bloke.

Good guy and I hope it works out for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 09/01/2022 at 09:04, edinburghowl said:

The attendances are capped at 500 due to Scottish Government restrictions which is why there were no fans there. The ground is a shitehole admittedly but Bullen will have known that prior to joining. I’m really pleased for Lee and it’s a great start against a team that have been flying and are top of the league. Hopefully he can keep Ayr up and win some derbies and keep the other Ayrshire team down. 

And to be fair Sheffield Wednesday fans aren’t in any position to be laughing at other club’s infrastructure and facilities. Ours are poo too

Yeah I saw a few folk having a go about the small crowds and that and thought it was unfair. It's obviously not anywhere near our club but it's a club that wanted him, that's got to count for something. I was talking to a friend that supports Dunfermline and he was saying that Ayr probably average a couple thousand. I don't really know but I assume that's one of the better crowds outside the top flight up there? Had a look at their ground and think it looks great, proper old school. It's obviously not the most illustrious of surroundings but seems like a decent club for Lee to start at. Really hope it works out for him. Some guy.

1 hour ago, EdOwl said:

Yeah I saw a few folk having a go about the small crowds and that and thought it was unfair. It's obviously not anywhere near our club but it's a club that wanted him, that's got to count for something. I was talking to a friend that supports Dunfermline and he was saying that Ayr probably average a couple thousand. I don't really know but I assume that's one of the better crowds outside the top flight up there? Had a look at their ground and think it looks great, proper old school. It's obviously not the most illustrious of surroundings but seems like a decent club for Lee to start at. Really hope it works out for him. Some guy.

All clubs in the lower leagues in Scotland have had a cap of 500 recently due to the government restrictions so yes it is unfair.

I’ve looked it up and Ayr’s average this season is 3845 but I think they are normally around the 2-3000 mark. I’m guessing the average might have bumped up with a game against local rivals Kilmarnock? I’m not totally sure but that would make sense.

I’d say Killie, Inverness, Partick and Dunfermline are all higher in that league for average crowds but other than them Ayr will probably be next, or there and thereabouts with the likes of Raith, Morton and Hamilton etc. 

I hope it works out for Bullen too. He’s a top man!