Lee Bullen - to be appointed as Ayr United Manager

14 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I think you're forgetting that Lee Bullen was an experienced qualified coach.

No I haven't I have look at how many players over his tenure that have been signed to pro forms then released because they were not developed properly.

That's why I said we need some proper coaches in doing the right way not playing the development team the same formations and tactics as the first team when even a blind man can see they are the wrong tactics.

• Thanks 1

Bullen is genuinely a top bloke who is happy to engage with fans, and give a little something back. That’s backed up by the stuff he’s done for fans. 

I’ve bumped into him a couple of times around Sheffield, and he’s always had time to chat…not even about football, just chewing the fat. 

It’s a shame he was hounded off twitter by tools. 

Regardless of peoples opinions of him as a coach or as a player, hopefully everyone can agree that he’s been a fine servant for this club.

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

No I haven't I have look at how many players over his tenure that have been signed to pro forms then released because they were not developed properly.

That's why I said we need some proper coaches in doing the right way not playing the development team the same formations and tactics as the first team when even a blind man can see they are the wrong tactics.

Jesus wept.

I have no words to express how utterly stupid this reply is.

No words. Baffled.

Torn between sadness at the departure of a top man and club stalwart, but confidence that this is the best move for him. 

It felt like Bullen was drifting here the last couple of years, seemed that DC had lost interest in him after his last caretaker spell. Pretty telling that Thommo took the reins after Pulis left.

As I'm sure will be the case with many others I'll be looking out for Ayr's results from now on, will probably get myself down there for a game once the grounds are fully open again up here. Really wish him all the best.

• Like 1

I won't have a bad word said about Bullen, he knew his limits as player but always gave his all, he's Wednesday through and through and performed admirably in what must sometimes be horrendous circumstances, always had time for a natter when I saw him around, one of the true good guys who goes with the utmost best wishes from me, good luck at Ayr Lee.

• Like 1