Theo

Guest 123adam789
3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well to be fair Chansiri has appointed some good managers on paper, the latest manager is the only one who doesn't have a great track record but he was doing a decent job at Rovers. The problem is now we can see he's clearly not the level we need but he persists with him. 

The thing that frustrates me with Moore is that he's dogmatic in his approach but his approach has never worked save for half a season at Rovers, so why does he persist with it?

What sort of manager would you suggest to maintain the level we have reached which is the third tier of English football. So it appears we have a 4th tier manager who was doing a decent job at Donny. Theres a pattern forming here with the previous incumbents who incidentally were hired by the same person. Moore isn't the root cause but part of the problem just like the others. 

It cannot be this simple. We only get a small amount of the actual things that are going on at the club. 

Surely based on appearances in 1st team alone. Theo would be the 1st name on the team sheet. The fact that he is not is mind boggling to us that only see match days. 

I / we can only guess what or why DM has reservations about him. The reason must be quite big as most managers would over look most things to include a player who obviously so much better than other options at DM disposal. 

My point is that because Theo seems to us to be always playing by quite a margin but DM is still not picking him. There has to be a reason for this we are just not aware of the reason. 

If there is no reason and DM cannot see what we can all see in Theo then DM is losing the plot. I nearly 100 % sure DM is still sane. 

Without a doubt I would love to know why DM is really not playing Theo. 

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

It cannot be this simple. We only get a small amount of the actual things that are going on at the club. 

Surely based on appearances in 1st team alone. Theo would be the 1st name on the team sheet. The fact that he is not is mind boggling to us that only see match days. 

I / we can only guess what or why DM has reservations about him. The reason must be quite big as most managers would over look most things to include a player who obviously so much better than other options at DM disposal. 

My point is that because Theo seems to us to be always playing by quite a margin but DM is still not picking him. There has to be a reason for this we are just not aware of the reason. 

If there is no reason and DM cannot see what we can all see in Theo then DM is losing the plot. I nearly 100 % sure DM is still sane. 

Without a doubt I would love to know why DM is really not playing Theo. 

Should say playing better than other options in his position. I can't edit 

Theo is defiantly a good player and an asset for this season - similar to Marshall and Antonio in 2011/2012. I agree that which player plays is dependent on the formation. This squad of players can not play 3-5-2; yet DM persists. 

play 4-4-2 with centre halfs, full backs who can defend and support the attacks, midfield centre who create and break up

play and wide men who threaten and get quality balls into a front two.

it’s a simple game confused by idiots.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Luke said:

Playing wingers at wing back is for pep and klopp in Premier league with world class players 

My mate summed it up last night 

Moores trying to be to clever when he is thick as mince 

Nonsense post.
Neither Pep nor Klopp frequently play with wingbacks. If they do then they don’t play wingers in that role. Shame on you for resorting to a personal attack on our manager. Better to critique his methods if you don’t agree with them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Animis said:

Theo is defiantly a good player and an asset for this season - similar to Marshall and Antonio in 2011/2012. I agree that which player plays is dependent on the formation. This squad of players can not play 3-5-2; yet DM persists. 

play 4-4-2 with centre halfs, full backs who can defend and support the attacks, midfield centre who create and break up

play and wide men who threaten and get quality balls into a front two.

it’s a simple game confused by idiots.

Theo is nowhere near the level of Ben10 or Antonio when they were here. He has shown glimpses of talent, he is doing well for a 19 year old. He is arguably our biggest attacking threat ( personally I’d prefer a fit Windass) but the majority of posters are overhyping him. It’s what football fans do. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Theo is nowhere near the level of Ben10 or Antonio when they were here. He has shown glimpses of talent, he is doing well for a 19 year old. He is arguably our biggest attacking threat ( personally I’d prefer a fit Windass) but the majority of posters are overhyping him. It’s what football fans do. 

I don't think it's a question of over hyping him, just that the majority question why we are half way through the season and he has only started 5 league games. Posters and journalists were asking that back in October when we were struggling to score goals and he hadn't made one start for us.

It was then rumoured there was pressure from Wolves for him to get more game time. He then started his first game at the end of October v Sunderland, scored and made an assist. He started 5 games and scored 2 with 2 assists and we won 4, drew 1. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I don't think it's a question of over hyping him, just that the majority question why we are half way through the season and he has only started 5 league games. Posters and journalists were asking that back in October when we were struggling to score goals and he hadn't made one start for us.

It was then rumoured there was pressure from Wolves for him to get more game time. He then started his first game at the end of October v Sunderland, scored and made an assist. He started 5 games and scored 2 with 2 assists and we won 4, drew 1. 

Fair points from you @Tommy Crawshaw but you’d possibly agree that some OT posts like “Theo is a future PL star” , “He's first name on team sheet for me” , “Some traits of Hirsty” , “He’ll play for one of the top clubs in the next 3 or 4 years” , “Fantastic talent and future” could be seen as overhype given he’s played quite well in a few games in League One.

• Like 1

Guess its just me that thinks our fans overate him then, hes good in patches, shoots when hes got bodies in the box in better positions, normally hits row zz but just occasionally hits the target.

Doesnt look anything like a prem player at this stage,  with better players around him, he may improve and develop better habits, that wont happen at S6, if I were Wolves Id try him a level above and see if he can kick on

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think he’s played anywhere near enough but I kind of understand why he didn’t start

Clearly NML is better defensively and more physical. I can’t remember which goal it was but either the 4th or 5th came from Corbeanu completely losing his man allowing him to cross the ball freely.

I fully expect he’ll start tomorrow with as I think Moore was looking at these two fixtures as a pair to manage the squad through - that’s my interpretation at least

I'd tend to agree with this, it's not just the one game but the fact he's not been used much more in general. 

I could imagine Theo being rested/dropped for the odd away game where we're going to get kicked up in the air, but for me he should be starting every home game and the vast majority of away games. 

It highlights the fact that Moore just doesn't back our players over worrying about the opposition.

The Theo situation is just another point on the Moore charge sheet though I'm afraid. He needs replacing.

Edited by Owls2k

3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Theo is absolutely on their level. The major difference, is that they played a number of consecutive games, in their best positions, and in a confident and attacking team. 

What overall impact would Ben have had in 2011, had he have had only a few starts here and there, in a position that he wasn’t familiar with?

The reason Theo has only shown glimpses, is because we’ve only seen glimpses of him.

There’s no excuse for Moore’s actions. In terms of ability,  Theo is head and shoulders above every attacking player in our squad. He should be the first name down on the sheet when looking at our attacking options. He has great skill, decent pace, and he’s super confident. Yes, of course he’s going to make mistakes. But every time he gets the ball, his first thought is to run at the opposition. He was fantastic in one of his last starts at home against Gillingham. He terrified their defence and put two balls on a plate which were squandered. Nobody else in the team can carry the ball like he can. Did you see the Accrington Stanley match? He picked the ball up in our half and ran at pace at the opposition, which culminated in him having a good shot with his right foot, which was saved. There’s nobody else in the squad with those capabilities who can carry the ball that distance, at that pace. Regarding Windass, I’m also a huge fan. But they’re completely different players. Moore really needs to find a system where we can play them together. 

He’s proved he’s special. You can see the lad has ability head and shoulders above a lot of players at this level.

He should be the first name on the team sheet.  He is the sort of player you pay to go and watch football. 

He should be playing week in and out. Back in 11/12 we didn’t mess around dropping and starting Antonio & Marshall because of their age! They were both clearly better than L1 and played at every opportunity available. 

• Like 3

He's certainly our most potent force in attack, just about our only player willing to take on opponents.

He might have defensive weaknesses but that's not really his job, if we had a solid and fit four at the back he could be allowed to come off the leash.

I think the reason he doesn't get more game time is that we can't string together any sort of competent defence, added to the fact that DM shows too much respect to the opposition.