Theo

Honestly, I think he's only really played the kid begrudgingly.

Chucked him in and he did better than Moore thought/hoped  he would and he had to play him more regularly. Still hasn't stopped Darren trying to find an alternative, whether it be Shodipo or now Medenz Laing. 

• Like 3

Everyone assuming Moore, is the only person with any input in this. I would imagine Wolves also have a say. He came on last night but only ran at Sunderland once. Every other time there were no options in front of him and he turned back and kept possession. .

there is far more to a young players development than giving them their head and saying go rip it up.!  

• Like 3

The only player at times who looks like he might trouble the opposition goal. The type of player I pay money to watch. Someone who runs at players, not turn round and run away looking for a backwards pass. 

Wasted at wing back though, as are the miriad of other wingers we recruited

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would assume there’s reservations on Moore’s part on corbeanu’s ability to do the defensive side. I wouldn’t argue this, but my question would be “why would any manager ask him to defend?!” We signed all those players over the summer and yet we’re relying on corbeanu, Mendez-laing and shodipo to play left wing back in a back 5?! I’m not in the ‘Moore out brigade’, but I suspect a lot of managers given this squad would go 433 and get far more goals than we’re currently getting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

I would assume there’s reservations on Moore’s part on corbeanu’s ability to do the defensive side. I wouldn’t argue this, but my question would be “why would any manager ask him to defend?!” We signed all those players over the summer and yet we’re relying on corbeanu, Mendez-laing and shodipo to play left wing back in a back 5?! I’m not in the ‘Moore out brigade’, but I suspect a lot of managers given this squad would go 433 and get far more goals than we’re currently getting

Playing wingers at wing back is for pep and klopp in Premier league with world class players 

My mate summed it up last night 

Moores trying to be to clever when he is thick as mince 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Tore them apart when we played them at home yet doesn’t start him in the return game. Moore is off his head. 
No fit centre backs so he sticks with a formation that requires 3 of them (we have only got away with this in most games due to the standard being so bad at this level). 
Sign 7 or 8 wingers then change to playing wing backs after a few games. 

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with Moore for a while yet. 

Excellent post

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789

We have a chain reaction at this club. A chairman who simply as no idea about the game of football or how a football club is run. Therefore we cannot expect him to recruit the right manager for the job( im not saying I would) but neither am I the chairman). Poor manager is appointed who cannot identify the kind of players who are going to fight for the shirt., tactically inept, journeyman on decent saleries, not doing sufficient home work on those who are and have been injury prone. so and so on.. The club is on its knees and I cannot see gaining promotion ( a long shot at this stage) will sort out the ongoing problems with this club. Quite depressing. 

Wouldnt it be nice to either read on this forum or local rag something positive (apart from covid) coming from this club. 

1 hour ago, 123adam789 said:

We have a chain reaction at this club. A chairman who simply as no idea about the game of football or how a football club is run. Therefore we cannot expect him to recruit the right manager for the job( im not saying I would) but neither am I the chairman). Poor manager is appointed who cannot identify the kind of players who are going to fight for the shirt., tactically inept, journeyman on decent saleries, not doing sufficient home work on those who are and have been injury prone. so and so on.. The club is on its knees and I cannot see gaining promotion ( a long shot at this stage) will sort out the ongoing problems with this club. Quite depressing. 

Wouldnt it be nice to either read on this forum or local rag something positive (apart from covid) coming from this club. 

Well to be fair Chansiri has appointed some good managers on paper, the latest manager is the only one who doesn't have a great track record but he was doing a decent job at Rovers. The problem is now we can see he's clearly not the level we need but he persists with him. 

The thing that frustrates me with Moore is that he's dogmatic in his approach but his approach has never worked save for half a season at Rovers, so why does he persist with it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:The thing that frustrates me with Moore is that he's dogmatic in his approach but his approach has never worked save for half a season at Rovers, so why does he persist with it?

Yeah, it’s a great question isn’t it

His system absolutely baffles me, and I really don’t know how much of it is down to the injuries , do fear that this is the system Moore wants to play 

15 hours ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Did we score more goals when playing 4 3 3 though and did the fans complain about tippy tippy football as with just 1 upfront we don't have the option to go long.

He just isn't very good defensively and he's a bit lightweight. To get the best out of him you need to play to his strengths and Moore doesn't do that. Moore tries to change what we do depending on the opposition, sometimes he picks warriors like Paterson who might lack skill but they won't be intimidated, sometimes he goes for more ability. Against Sunderland we set up for a war and lost it.

Personally I think that sort of thing is fine in the Premiership but at this level it's better to have a team that is settled and then play to their strengths, let the opposition worry about us. We don't do that and we are where we are as a consequence. Play Carbeanu on one wing and probably Mendez Laing on the other, 2 strikers up top or a striker and an attacking midfielder. Let them learn how to play together and leave them to it.

• Like 4

I don’t think he’s played anywhere near enough but I kind of understand why he didn’t start

Clearly NML is better defensively and more physical. I can’t remember which goal it was but either the 4th or 5th came from Corbeanu completely losing his man allowing him to cross the ball freely.

I fully expect he’ll start tomorrow with as I think Moore was looking at these two fixtures as a pair to manage the squad through - that’s my interpretation at least

• Like 2