Wing Gone

37 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Thank God for a bit of context regarding him.

Does no one ask themselves the question WHY he hasn’t fulfilled his potential?

Pep is renowned for making good players exceptional.

Maybe Moore will be remembered for making decent players (who proved it at other clubs) look decidedly poor.

As for not fitting the ‘system’.  Lee Johnson looked at our ‘system’, studied it intently for about 20 seconds & promptly ripped it to shreds.

I can’t help but think Darren Moore’s system is to pick a ‘system’, realise its’s a bag of sh*t, but stick to it regardless, stand back and let the players who seem as mystified with the ‘system’ as we do, take the stick for being shoehorned into a ‘system’ that none of them understand or can play.

Agree with you rob 

But what grinds my gears is he’s reluctant to change and adapt. 
I mean FFs didn’t take Einstein to see we were playing a high line with no pace. 
He has to take some responsibility surely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

Alex Pattison at Harrogate would be the perfect replacement , I,m sure a moderate fee would secure his ......................oh................wait.

It comes to something when Harrogate Town players are beyond our reach.

In fact, it comes to something when you even know the name of a Harrogate Town player.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It comes to something when Harrogate Town players are beyond our reach.

In fact, it comes to something when you even know the name of a Harrogate Town player.

:duntmatter:

In all honesty I am basing that on seeing him play all of once :biggrin:................................I saw Wing play around 5 or 6 times last season and thought he was a cracking signing......ah well , maybe Paul Warne is just a much better manager,

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think he suits the system. Think he should be playing further forward but seems to pick the ball up deep when he plays. 

I don’t really get the hate for the lad. It’s just not worked out, clearly tell he’s got something about him and last season he performed well in the league above this.

He’s not the only new signing who hasn’t lived up to expectations. 

This

When he signed I thought at last a decent attacking midfielder. The first couple of games I thought he looked ok in an advanced position but since then he seems to be play even deeper than Bannan.

Yet another example of Moore not utilising players in their best position.

5 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

In all honesty I am basing that on seeing him play all of once :biggrin:................................I saw Wing play around 5 or 6 times last season and thought he was a cracking signing......ah well , maybe Paul Warne is just a much better manager,

Think you've hit the nail on the head with your last comment. 

• Like 1