• Byers
    • Berahino
    • Sow
    • Shodipo
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Adedoyin
    • Agbontohoma

No thread yet so I thought I'd start one. Here's your chance to tell everyone how bad we were.

Credit to Hartlepool, they played good football, outplayed us and passed us off the park. This was no fluke they were much better than us.

It will be interesting to see how many of these players will never be forgiven for this performance by the fans or the manager. Surely he's seen enough to discard Sow, Berahino, Brown, Byers and possibly Shodipo.

Wildsmith 5 - have even less confidence in him than BPF. Not sure how much he was at fault for the second goal but he went missing when high balls were in the box

Brown 3 - the lowest mark I've ever given anyone; that ridiculous own goal gives me the excuse. Could become legendary as one of our worst ever players.

Brennan - 7 MoM did make an error or two but also won a lot battles both on the air and on the ground. He's a stronger defender than I've given him credit for and his distribution is mostly excellent. I love how he thinks about where to head it to.

Paterson - 4 a catalogue of errors. A nightmare.

Shodipo - 4 - was made to look poor because the (4th division) full-back was too good for him

Byers - 4 - tried to stroll through the game and it just didn't work. Almost every pass was a back pass. Offered nothing going forward as shown by his 'shot at goal'.

Wing - 5 - better than Byers but not by much. Again, no urgency.

Dele-Bashiru - 7 - the best of our midfielders. Did little wrong and did plenty of good runs, passes and tackles

Corbeanu - 6 - not much came off for him but he was basically our only threat. Shame his shooting is sometimes so wild.

Berahino - 5 - showed a couple of nice touches and made some (wasted) good runs but had no impact on the game. 

Sow - 4 - the mystery is solved. Now we know why Sow hasn't featured for the first team. Was a complete waste of space. When he was put clean through he was laughably outpaced by their defender.

Bannan - 4 - added little when he came on, misplaced too many passes and loses a point for that stupid tackle near the end. Premeditated assaults like that should be red-carded but they never are

Windass - 5 - wandered all over and did very little

Hunt - 5 - not noticeably more productive than Shodipo but defended better

Agbontahoma - 5 - looked out of his depth really but give him time

Adedoyin - n/a Did he even touch the ball?

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

No thread yet so I thought I'd start one. Here's your chance to tell everyone how bad we were.

Credit to Hartlepool, they played good football, outplayed us and passed us off the park. This was no fluke they were much better than us.

It will be interesting to see how many of these players will never be forgiven for this performance by the fans or the manager. Surely he's seen enough to discard Sow, Berahino, Brown, Byers and possibly Shodipo.

Wildsmith 5 - have even less confidence in him than BPF. Not sure how much he was at fault for the second goal but he went missing when high balls were in the box

Brown 3 - the lowest mark I've ever given anyone; that ridiculous own goal gives me the excuse. Could become legendary as one of our worst ever players.

Brennan - 7 MoM did make an error or two but also won a lot battles both on the air and on the ground. He's a stronger defender than I've given him credit for and his distribution is mostly excellent. I love how he thinks about where to head it to.

Paterson - 4 a catalogue of errors. A nightmare.

Shodipo - 4 - was made to look poor because the (4th division) full-back was too good for him

Byers - 4 - tried to stroll through the game and it just didn't work. Almost every pass was a back pass. Offered nothing going forward as shown by his 'shot at goal'.

Wing - 5 - better than Byers but not by much. Again, no urgency.

Dele-Bashiru - 7 - the best of our midfielders. Did little wrong and did plenty of good runs, passes and tackles

Corbeanu - 6 - not much came off for him but he was basically our only threat. Shame his shooting is sometimes so wild.

Berahino - 5 - showed a couple of nice touches and made some (wasted) good runs but had no impact on the game. 

Sow - 4 - the mystery is solved. Now we know why Sow hasn't featured for the first team. Was a complete waste of space. When he was put clean through he was laughably outpaced by their defender.

Bannan - 4 - added little when he came on, misplaced too many passes and loses a point for that stupid tackle near the end. Premeditated assaults like that should be red-carded but they never are

Windass - 5 - wandered all over and did very little

Hunt - 5 - not noticeably more productive than Shodipo but defended better

Agbontahoma - 5 - looked out of his depth really but give him time

Adedoyin - n/a Did he even touch the ball?

Are you sure you are marking Dele Bashiru on tonight’s performance and not one of his from a few weeks ago?…you description of his performance doesn’t ring any bells with the 90 minutes I saw……same comments for Corbeanu as well

Edited by Ian

3 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

What a shambles

Wildsmith 6 

Brown 4

Brennan 6.5 

Patterson 5.5

ShodiPOO 5

Corbeanu 6.5 mom

Byers 3.5

Wing 4

Fizzy 6.5

Berahino 2.5

Sow 4

I agree with most of your ratings, but I thought that Berahino was not as poor as Sow  

(might also be just me as I had given up on Berahino weeks ago, while I was very hopefull that there might be a player in Sow)

I might go for Berahino 4,5 and Sow 4

That’s up there as one of the worst performances I’ve seen. Cant even put my finger on why, yes a few 2nd string players, a few out of position, but we’ve had all of that with the first team. Brown was truly awful even without contemplating the own goal and Wing appears to be on a downward spiral. 
I’ll give the MOM to BrennZan purely as he was the least experienced out there. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

That’s up there as one of the worst performances I’ve seen. Cant even put my finger on why, yes a few 2nd string players, a few out of position, but we’ve had all of that with the first team. Brown was truly awful even without contemplating the own goal and Wing appears to be on a downward spiral. 

Actually I don't think there's any lower for him to go, a complete waste of a loan to date.

Tonight’s game showed a lot of the characters we’ve got

In games like this you want to fringe players to come in and prove how they are too good to be left out and force their way in.

Ours have the attitude of “if I’m not good enough to play in the league then you can do one on a cold night against Hartlepool in the papa John’s”

They have cemented their place as players of last resort 

• Like 3