Actually saw lots of positives today

22 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I do agree... our team looks much better than it did before the Sunderland game. It's a team on the pitch, although it's not perfect yet.

We missed Gregory today, didn't we?  And I cannot blame DM or the owner for that. This was just  bad luck.

Should we have won anyway.. yes, but IMO there is much to built on for the next games.

That's exactly how I see it.

We are still very much a work in progress, but I see plenty of reasons for optimism.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Paterson’s effort which hits the post goes in and it’s a different game.

Letting them score first killed us. Just let them waste time and slow things down which to be fair to them they did very very well.

Conceding from another set piece is not good enough.

Agree. Keep conceding first against anti football teams like Gillingham and we're up against it straight away. We struggle to break sides down as it is so once they're timewasting for 70 mins we're 

• Like 2

Can’t agree. We were playing another one of the League’s bottom clubs who were so ravaged by injury they couldn’t even fill the sub’s bench. We have been dismal all season against the bottom clubs but manage to raise our game against top end clubs to beat Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland.

It’s just not good enough to plod through games when you think the opposition are poor, then turn up and fight against the better ones. Forget tactics, formations and team selection.If the mind isn’t in the right place 100% of the time you struggle.

How much longer does Moore need to get this simple fact across to this group. 

• Like 2

If we have any aspirations as a top 6 side games like today should have been a comfortable 2 v 0 win

The opposites today had everything against them… with travel, injuries and form… and they set up to not lose instead of try to win and we still go a goal down. Once that happens we all know that we can’t win.

Not sure why SB is getting any game time as he has been pants… second touch isn’t even a tackle his first is that bad.

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Blatter said:

Can’t agree. We were playing another one of the League’s bottom clubs who were so ravaged by injury they couldn’t even fill the sub’s bench. We have been dismal all season against the bottom clubs but manage to raise our game against top end clubs to beat Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland.

It’s just not good enough to plod through games when you think the opposition are poor, then turn up and fight against the better ones. Forget tactics, formations and team selection.If the mind isn’t in the right place 100% of the time you struggle.

How much longer does Moore need to get this simple fact across to this group. 

I didn’t feel like we were plodding through the game. I thought we played with purpose and urgency in the first half up until the goal. 
and then again in the second half. 
The result wasn’t good enough but the performance was probably good enough to win most games. It just didn’t happen today which is disappointing and it’s starting to feel like that might be the story of this season to me. 

51 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Thought it was the best we've played all season for me.

After months of watching dire, defensive football, we actually looked to play offensively, get it forward at most opportunities and a good chunk of attempts on goal.

Keep playing like that and we'll win more than we'll draw or lose.

Were playing well but with mistakes. 

Top 4 team imho.  Playoff bound. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

We drew against Gillingham at home.

Regardless of referee, injuries for us, injuries for the opposites, timewasting etc.

We can't be happy with that if we want to stop being a mediocre league one club.

Amen to that 

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

We drew against Gillingham at home.

Regardless of referee, injuries for us, injuries for the opposites, timewasting etc.

We can't be happy with that if we want to stop being a mediocre league one club.

I don’t think anybody is happy because of the result but the performance whilst far from perfect wasn’t bad.

Paterson should score from Theo’s pull back. We win the game everyone says we deserved three points.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Thought it was the best we've played all season for me.

After months of watching dire, defensive football, we actually looked to play offensively, get it forward at most opportunities and a good chunk of attempts on goal.

Keep playing like that and we'll win more than we'll draw or lose.

I would hope we could play well against a poor Gillingham side with injury's.

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I would hope we could play well against a poor Gillingham side with injury's.

And we did (to an extent) yet everyone is being over dramatic.

The result wasn’t good enough (which I completely agree with) but we played reasonably well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1