Actually saw lots of positives today

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

If we finish 2-1 winners in that game we’d be saying what an excellent performance it was. The disappointment of the draw is masking what I thought was a good display today.

I can see last few games signs of a system, understanding and more positive approach

You might be don’t speak for me 

We looked disjointed and lacking ideas 

Kamberi, Wing and Shopido were complete passengers first half 

Moore cannot change games tactically 

he is a one trick pony , without the one trick 

• Like 3

Not for me

All I saw was yet another shuffling of the pack by a clueless manager, that yet again proves to everyone that he’s incapable of setting up a team to beat yet another dreadful side in a long line of dreadful sides we’ve faced recently 

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

I actually think that against a better team we would have won today.

Their tactics of 10 at the back, time wasting and not allowing the match to flow ruined the game.

Everytime we started to get on top they went down injured and took the sting out of the game.

• Like 3

Same game with either Patterson's back heel going in, Patterson being on target in second half or Berahino having any sort of a decent touch in front of goal, we'd have won and the same people that are slating the team would have been saying we'd played well.

The difference is our decision making in the final 3rd. As good as Theo was, some of his decision making is terrible. Please try and score 25 yard worldies when we're 3-0 up, not when we're scrabbling around for a winner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

You might be don’t speak for me 

We looked disjointed and lacking ideas 

Kamberi, Wing and Shopido were complete passengers first half 

Moore cannot change games tactically 

he is a one trick pony , without the one trick 

I understand the other view o today’s game - I just think we have raised our game from an incredibly low level up to a few games ago. 
I’m grasping for finding signs of improvement and I think there is some 

• Like 2

I thought this season would be a difficult one. History tells us this.

I don’t think we’re doing too bad considering given the massive turnover of players and the constant injuries we continually seem to have.

Moore’s fighting a losing battle sadly as there are too many fans totally heartbroken as we’ve seen this week with the first anniversary of Garry Monk’s departure. He was seen as our saviour by many and despite evidence to the contrary the Monk Lovers still to this day claim we’d still be a championship club had the great one had remained in his post 🤣

I think this season will continue to be up

and down but we will get stronger and in time we’ll start to see what Moore is striving for. I think he will build the club from top to bottom and push us forward eventually but I fear the Monk Lovers will push him out before he gets to this point 😩

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, andym1 said:

Agree. Keep conceding first against anti football teams like Gillingham and we're up against it straight away. We struggle to break sides down as it is so once they're timewasting for 70 mins we're 

So frustrating. They were proper crap at football. Their goal must have been the only shot on target and it came from our inability to be organised from a set piece - not for the first time this season.

Needs sorting. We win that game if we set up properly from a free kick 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buck Rogers said:

Thought it was the best we've played all season for me.

After months of watching dire, defensive football, we actually looked to play offensively, get it forward at most opportunities and a good chunk of attempts on goal.

Keep playing like that and we'll win more than we'll draw or lose.

Stupid twunt.

1 hour ago, Buck Rogers said:

Thought it was the best we've played all season for me.

After months of watching dire, defensive football, we actually looked to play offensively, get it forward at most opportunities and a good chunk of attempts on goal.

Keep playing like that and we'll win more than we'll draw or lose.

Not sure why this got so many 'haha' emojis. It's spot on.

• Like 3

If we were in the top two, played gills at home and dominated the game but only came out with a a draw then you can say it’s just one of those days in football.  Dust yourselves down and then go on another winning run of a few games

But we are outside the playoffs, and have only won 3 times in 13 games?  We simply have to start winning games due to the position we’ve put ourselves in.  Being satisfied with a performance against a poor side at home when you are outside the playoffs.  Not for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We played really well today, other than the goal Joe Wildsmith has nothing to do all afternoon. You put Windass or Gregory into that side and we take the 3 points.

I have been VERY critical of Moore this season but against Sunderland, Plymouth and now Gillingham I have seen signs that this side could get better.

Should’ve been happening a few matches earlier but better late than never.

We’ve played worse than that and won matches this season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are improving. 

Earlier in the season, 0-3 Plymouth, Morcambe parked the bus and we lost 0-1.

This week, 0-0 with Plymouth, could have won late on.

1-1 Gillingham, parked the bus, equalised, could have won late on.

Earlier in the season, these would have been losses.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

If we finish 2-1 winners in that game we’d be saying what an excellent performance it was. The disappointment of the draw is masking what I thought was a good display today.

I can see last few games signs of a system, understanding and more positive approach

Have to agree with this. Some people only look at the result. Of course it's important but in the long term if you get the performances right it will come good. This for me was another step forward towards that.

• Like 2

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

We played really well today, other than the goal Joe Wildsmith has nothing to do all afternoon. You put Windass or Gregory into that side and we take the 3 points.

I have been VERY critical of Moore this season but against Sunderland, Plymouth and now Gillingham I have seen signs that this side could get better.

Should’ve been happening a few matches earlier but better late than never.

We’ve played worse than that and won matches this season.

This is absolutely spot on for me.

I've not been a fan of Moore at all. His  selection by 'tombola' (as someone suggested on here,) was doing my head in.

But he looks to have settled on a system and is trying to get the ball forwards - today we were by far the better side, lots of decent deliveries into dangerous areas, but our awful finishing combined with them packing the area and cheating like bast ards meant that it wouldn't quite go for us.

Gregory and/or Windass back and we'll be reyt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We are improving. 

Earlier in the season, 0-3 Plymouth, Morcambe parked the bus and we lost 0-1.

This week, 0-0 with Plymouth, could have won late on.

1-1 Gillingham, parked the bus, equalised, could have won late on.

Earlier in the season, these would have been losses.

Bet you are ecstatic with Gregory out of the side , we looked great up front with out him 

• Like 1