Actually saw lots of positives today

5 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Bet you are ecstatic with Gregory out of the side , we looked great up front with out him 

You're right. We looked shocking. Only way Kamberi was going to score was how he did. Patterson unlucky to hit the post I guess but watching him blaze that shot wide of the post was a bum mer. And as for SB...

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Bet you are ecstatic with Gregory out of the side , we looked great up front with out him 

Never ecstatic about injuries. I just want results.

Would Gregory have done any better? Probably not, based on previous form.

We've been bad up front all season even with him.

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I do agree... our team looks much better than it did before the Sunderland game. It's a team on the pitch, although it's not perfect yet.

We missed Gregory today, didn't we?  And I cannot blame DM or the owner for that. This was just  bad luck.

Should we have won anyway.. yes, but IMO there is much to built on for the next games.

Some of the injured players will be back and we will start winning. No doubt about that.

Come on Wednesday!!!!

Bang on. Gregory plays today, we win, Simple’s.

the worry is, it sounds like he might be missing for a while and while Windass being close to a return is great news, he ain’t a fox in the box.

• Like 1

Gillingham were the worst team I've seen at Hillsborough in over a decade. We started well but felt sorry for ourselves after their goal.

No excuses. 

In stoppage time we were defending our own box, not the other way around. 

Not good enough at all.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree with OP. 

Really vibrant attacking in waves.

One defensive mess and a dreadful lack of quality in the front two. Apart from that, really good.

Loved Theo. Dunkley has become the love-child of Mick Lyons and Glenn Hoddle.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bleeder said:

This is absolutely spot on for me.

I've not been a fan of Moore at all. His  selection by 'tombola' (as someone suggested on here,) was doing my head in.

But he looks to have settled on a system and is trying to get the ball forwards - today we were by far the better side, lots of decent deliveries into dangerous areas, but our awful finishing combined with them packing the area and cheating like bast ards meant that it wouldn't quite go for us.

Gregory and/or Windass back and we'll be reyt.

Gregory could be four to six weeks someone on ere said. Windass hasn’t pumped up his volume enough yet…so who knows when we’ll be reyt, it’ll certainly be beyond Christmas.

• Like 1

I can't bring myself to take solace from things which may lead to improvement at some unspecified point in the future anymore. 

After another poor result, needs to happen now. No time for maybe or signs we could possibly do something, we need to do it now week in week out and pick up points. 

This is not a development league, it's a sprint to get out of the league as quickly as possible. You don't consolidate in L1, you stagnate.

38 minutes ago, striker said:

This is not a development league, it's a sprint to get out of the league as quickly as possible. You don't consolidate in L1, you stagnate.

Yes this is true, we are not preparing a side to go again next season as 6-10 of the players probably won’t be here.  So it will be another squad overhaul next summer and then do you wait for them to gel into November and find yourself too far off the top two again? 

Maybe Moore has finally stumbled on system that works long term, which should of happened in the summer, but at least he can start to think what players are needed in January to enhance it, again something that should of happened last summer.  He’s brought in Sow and Berahino, why?  One doesn’t get to play and the other is ineffective when he does play.  

Performances may have improved lately (against poor opposition on the day, but that’s the league this season),  but we aren’t going to draw our way to promotion so something has to change and fast.  Or we will be stuck in this league and having to rebuild again next summer 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kristmace said:

We've definitely played worse this season and won (I'm thinking Bolton). The issue we've got now is square pegs in round holes due to a change in formation and injuries. 

We had 7 first XI players not fully fit for today (Iorfa, Hutch, Luongo, Windass, Hunt, Gregory, Gibson). 

Don't see how you've got Gibson down as a first X1 player based on about 45 minutes he's been involved.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

They got a goal against the run of play then set out to frustrate us by any means available. It happens. That doesn't mean it was a bad performance on our part.

True but there are several teams in this league that do seem to keep managing to win, our inability to do so means we are falling further behind the pacesetters every week. Our performance today was not bad by our standard but not good enough to get promoted.

51 minutes ago, striker said:

Consolidation should not be an objective for a team that's been relegated in any case.

Rotherham have been promoted three times in three goes with fewer resources, there really should be no acceptable excuse for us not to be eyeing automatic places. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristmace said:

Just based on the other injuries. If he was fit, surely he would have played today. 

IF he was fit, that's the problem he's been a waste of a loan. In fact in the one half he played for us he ought to have cost us a goal, fortunately it was Kachunga who messed up for Bolton. Of course had not mastermind DM not decided to use Sam in midfield we might still have him at CB where he did a decent job IMO, instead he's been injured ever since.