Mute, Fickle Fans

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Quick summary before the meltdown.

Deserved to win. Our weakness was the front two. Berahino did the impossible by making the front two even worse. 

Credit to most players though. 

Theo, Johnson, Bannan, Dunkley excellent.

Palmer, Dele, Shodipo ok. 

To say we had two big target men I thought we looked inside too often.

Play that way ...play a different front pairing

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Deserved to win. Our weakness was the front two. Berahino did the impossible by making the front two even worse. 

Pretty much. The absence of Gregory effected us tactically but also mentally I think. Defensively, we gave away a soft goal as well. We need reinforcements in the transfer window if we have ambitions to hang in and around the top 6-8 places.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Pretty much. The absence of Gregory effected us tactically but also mentally I think. Defensively, we gave away a soft goal as well. We need reinforcements in the transfer window if we have ambitions to hang in and around the top 6-8 places.  

We need quality, not quantity.

Moore should be shot at dawn if he even thinks about buying another winger.

Must get a quality striker and CB. Don’t need anything else. Stop acquiring lots of meh players. Quality!

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Nice to see a calm reaction for a change 

• Thanks 1

100% agree. 

Wednesday atmospheres have been going downhill for a while now.  Including away. 

Been to 5 away games this season and all very very quiet compared to previous seasons. 

Teams can be inspired by the crowd but we drag the team down, even when they give it all. 

• Like 2

Prem       19th
Champ    17th
Champ    20th
Champ    22nd
Lg1           16th
Lg1            5th
Champ    19th
Champ    9th
Champ    16th
Champ    12th
Champ    22nd
Lg1         15th
Lg1          2nd
Champ    18th
Champ    16th
Champ    13th
Champ    6th
Champ    4th
Champ    15th
Champ   12th
Champ   16th
Champ   24th

Is it any wonder people have little desire to sit chanting and clapping non stop for 90 minutes. 

Even the most fervent, blue and white tinted spectacle wearing lunatic has his limits.

A decade long £20m debt hanging around our necks like an anchor. 

Then eventually when it's all cleared. Nothing in the kitty but £350,000. 

Eventually get investment. 

We spend wildly over the odds on has-beens while breaking every regulation in the book and charging supporters the highest prices outside the Premier League Elite.

Now don't own our ground. Aren't allowed to pay fees for players and are back in the third division  ....again. 

Did I mention we don't own our own ground anymore?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Prem       19th
Champ    17th
Champ    20th
Champ    22nd
Lg1           16th
Lg1            5th
Champ    19th
Champ    9th
Champ    16th
Champ    12th
Champ    22nd
Lg1         15th
Lg1          2nd
Champ    18th
Champ    16th
Champ    13th
Champ    6th
Champ    4th
Champ    15th
Champ   12th
Champ   16th
Champ   24th

Is it any wonder people have little desire to sit chanting and clapping non stop for 90 minutes. 

Even the most fervent, blue and white tinted spectacle wearing lunatic has his limits.

We spend wildly over the odds on has-beens while breaking every regulation in the book and charging supporters the highest prices outside the Premier League Elite.

Now don't own our ground. Aren't allowed to pay fees for players and are back in the third division  ....again. 

Christ it’s not until it’s listed like that you realise what a shocking 20 years it’s been. How on earth do we still get 20k+ in L1?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know this is well intentioned and I agree with some of your points

BUT 

This comes across very fan blaming 

Our situation isn’t and wasn’t caused by our fans in any way whatsoever 

It does if you want it to. 

Or it’s simply saying we’re in a dire situation and getting behind the team is a way to contribute positively…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We need quality, not quantity.

Moore should be shot at dawn if he even thinks about buying another winger.

Must get a quality striker and CB. Don’t need anything else. Stop acquiring lots of meh players. Quality!

For me the one thing we're STILL missing and have been since Loovens left is leadership.

I've been seeing this as we've slipped down the table since and how we still are now.

Proper leadership on the pitch raises spirits when heads go down. It galvanised you when you clinging on to a slender lead.

Bazza is no captain, he's that whiney c&#it that blames and swears at people. Making some disinterested or the weak willed like reach avoid getting involved., all in all it dosent really matter where they play ( though cb would be a bonus) we need leaders and hutch is a real miss at the moment in that aspect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Prem       19th
Champ    17th
Champ    20th
Champ    22nd
Lg1           16th
Lg1            5th
Champ    19th
Champ    9th
Champ    16th
Champ    12th
Champ    22nd
Lg1         15th
Lg1          2nd
Champ    18th
Champ    16th
Champ    13th
Champ    6th
Champ    4th
Champ    15th
Champ   12th
Champ   16th
Champ   24th

Just don’t go. Play golf, take the dogs for a walk. Go shopping with the missus. No one would blame you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Degryse14 said:

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but our fanbase is becoming more and more toxic by the match, admitedly with some justification.

Due to my job, I now have the misfortune of living on the outskirts of Derby and don't get to as many games as I used to. I've been to 3 this year at Hillsborough, and every time the away team fans have chanted 'Is this a library?' And they have been spot-on! There has been no atmosphere at all, nothing to help push and inspire the players at all. Hillsborough is quickly becoming a morgue.

My father and bother-in-law are season ticket holders at Pride Park. For the record, I have to say, I cannot stand Derby. I can't stand the club and their corporate, adverts-plastered-everywhere ground, the players and most of all, their entitled, copycat fans. Recently however I was forced to eat a massive slice of humble pie: I recently went to the game at Pride Park when they lost 2-1 to Blackburn. In the first half, Derby were absolutely abysmal - totally outfought and outclassed. And yet, the Derby fans sang their hearts out and did so up until full time. You could see the players respond during the second half and they almost snatched a draw.

Maybe we should try pushing our team at Hillsborough in a similar way, get behind our lads and we might end this awful record of not winning a game when we have fell behind.

Derby's fans are seeing their team and manager give it a right go in incredibly difficult times. There's a siege mentality. Good luck to them and fair play. 

We, on the other hand, have paid Premier League prices for 5 years and we've got League One football to thank for it, and we have a completely clueless manager at the helm playing tactics even he can't describe when asked. We are fortunately 8th in a horrendous division, there's no way this squad should be out of the top 6. 

When the players performed to the levels required for 90 mins, for the only time this season at home. The fans were right behind them for the full 90 minutes, but I guess you missed that one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Do you sit chanting and singing solid for the full 90 minutes? 

No M’Lord but I don’t sit there getting angry, shouting for the manager’s head or slagging off the players either. I largely enjoy the experience, meeting with friends spending time with my grown up sons. I like football but it’s an expensive hobby. I’m merely wondering why some seem to waste precious time and money on something they clearly don’t enjoy.