Mute, Fickle Fans

7 minutes ago, Degryse14 said:

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but our fanbase is becoming more and more toxic by the match, admitedly with some justification.

Due to my job, I now have the misfortune of living on the outskirts of Derby and don't get to as many games as I used to. I've been to 3 this year at Hillsborough, and every time the away team fans have chanted 'Is this a library?' And they have been spot-on! There has been no atmosphere at all, nothing to help push and inspire the players at all. Hillsborough is quickly becoming a morgue.

My father and bother-in-law are season ticket holders at Pride Park. For the record, I have to say, I cannot stand Derby. I can't stand the club and their corporate, adverts-plastered-everywhere ground, the players and most of all, their entitled, copycat fans. Recently however I was forced to eat a massive slice of humble pie: I recently went to the game at Pride Park when they lost 2-1 to Blackburn. In the first half, Derby were absolutely abysmal - totally outfought and outclassed. And yet, the Derby fans sang their hearts out and did so up until full time. You could see the players respond during the second half and they almost snatched a draw.

Maybe we should try pushing our team at Hillsborough in a similar way, get behind our lads and we might end this awful record of not winning a game when we have fell behind.

We’re playing Gillingham and the gills commentary is laughing at how we are just lumping it up! Moore hasn’t got a clue and needs to go

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Degryse14 said:

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but our fanbase is becoming more and more toxic by the match, admitedly with some justification.

Due to my job, I now have the misfortune of living on the outskirts of Derby and don't get to as many games as I used to. I've been to 3 this year at Hillsborough, and every time the away team fans have chanted 'Is this a library?' And they have been spot-on! There has been no atmosphere at all, nothing to help push and inspire the players at all. Hillsborough is quickly becoming a morgue.

My father and bother-in-law are season ticket holders at Pride Park. For the record, I have to say, I cannot stand Derby. I can't stand the club and their corporate, adverts-plastered-everywhere ground, the players and most of all, their entitled, copycat fans. Recently however I was forced to eat a massive slice of humble pie: I recently went to the game at Pride Park when they lost 2-1 to Blackburn. In the first half, Derby were absolutely abysmal - totally outfought and outclassed. And yet, the Derby fans sang their hearts out and did so up until full time. You could see the players respond during the second half and they almost snatched a draw.

Maybe we should try pushing our team at Hillsborough in a similar way, get behind our lads and we might end this awful record of not winning a game when we have fell behind.

Hi Wayne

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Degryse14 said:

I know this is well intentioned and I agree with some of your points

BUT 

This comes across very fan blaming 

Our situation isn’t and wasn’t caused by our fans in any way whatsoever 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know this is well intentioned and I agree with some of your points

BUT 

This comes across very fan blaming 

Our situation isn’t and wasn’t caused by our fans in any way whatsoever 

Fair point. And it isn't a fan blaming post. I know us long suffering fans have had nothing to do with this mess. What I was trying to say (poorly quite obviously) is that I think we can can be more vocal at home to try and lift the players. Christ, they need all the help they can get at present!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Degryse14 said:

Fair point. And it isn't a fan blaming post. I know us long suffering fans have had nothing to do with this mess. What I was trying to say (poorly quite obviously) is that I think we can can be more vocal at home to try and lift the players. Christ, they need all the help they can get at present!

This is true mate 

I think it’s not helping when the fans are sat in the ground and hear the starting lineup and then watch them limp a poor performance 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Quick summary before the meltdown.

Deserved to win. Our weakness was the front two. Berahino did the impossible by making the front two even worse. 

Credit to most players though. 

Theo, Johnson, Bannan, Dunkley excellent.

Palmer, Dele, Shodipo ok. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We’re playing Gillingham and the gills commentary is laughing at how we are just lumping it up! Moore hasn’t got a clue and needs to go

But we didn’t. 

We attacked up the wings, especially RW all game long.